Profile for Nat79 > Reviews

Content by Nat79

Nat79

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Odd Sock's BIG Scottish Adventure: (A Fun Early Chapter Book for Kids Aged 5-8, with Interesting Facts about Maps, Morse Code and Mountains) (Odd Sock Adventures 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars A genius book, 6 July 2014
Well if you'd asked me earlier if I'd enjoy a book about a stuffed toy camping in Scotland, I would have said unlikely...then I read this book. Deceiving in it's simplicity it will keep the pages turning and teach without you realising it (I certainly learnt a thing or two). I'd definitely recommend to parents thinking about taking their kids on camping/hiking trips - I'm not a great walker and even I was tempted to go camping in Scotland and find the pretty flowers and glittery rocks! Another great little book from Melinda Kinsman.

The Complete Secrets of Happy Children: A Guide for Parents
The Complete Secrets of Happy Children: A Guide for Parents
by Steve Biddulph

5.0 out of 5 stars A very human parenting book, 28 Jun 2014
A great book full of useful tips and pointers for parents raising children. Also, surprisingly easy to read and avoids the trap of being preachy to parents. I've read a few that made me feel like I was a rubbish parent making thousands of mistakes - this avoids that while giving me help to improve my parenting skills - which probably most of us could do with. It makes you feel okay to be human and make mistakes (as we all do and will).

This book was recommended to me by a friend who runs parenting courses when I asked for a book that would help with my 3 yr old boy (who is very smart and strong willed) to make sure he didn't end up running the house. I'd definitely recommend to all other parents.

Kitchen Craft Le'Xpress Frother
Kitchen Craft Le'Xpress Frother

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value product, 28 Jun 2014
Easy to use, light and great value for money this froths milk really quickly.

Run Alex Run: 3 (Alex, Dragon & Spider)
Run Alex Run: 3 (Alex, Dragon & Spider)
by Natalie Finnigan

5.0 out of 5 stars Chocolate cake, marbles and medals - a great book for kids, 28 Jun 2014
I love this book and so does my son (Alex!) Nicely rhyming with vibrant illustrations, this book follows a dragon, spider and boy as they try to decide what sort of race to have that's fair to all of them - given their different strengths. The moral is that with goodwill and understanding, people with differences can find a way to work (or race) together - a nice moral which is conveyed without being in the least bit preachy.

It also has a fun maze in the back where you have to help Alex find his way to his medal. Suitable for children 2yrs old onwards (although 2 yr olds probably would struggle with the maze.)

Linens Limited Microfibre Fitted Sheet, Coffee, Double
Linens Limited Microfibre Fitted Sheet, Coffee, Double
Offered by Linens Limited

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay for the money, 28 Jun 2014
I bought this as it was a cheap double sheet. Although the material is good and the colour matched the photo, it doesn't stay tight to the mattress in the middle of the sides. I will probably buy something better in time, but this does the job in the interim period.

Reward Chart Personalised With 75 Free Gold Metallic Stars..Remember To Tell Us The Name You Would Like To Be Printed On The Reward Chart THANK YOU..
Offered by James Labels & Supplies Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it - gold star!!, 28 Jun 2014
Arrived promptly. This was easy to add my son's name too and he loves it. Behaviour has improved dramatically (although he now tries to negotiate a star for just about any action! lol) I quickly decided stars would be earned for behaviour that "helped mummy" (he's 4) from getting dressed himself in the morning, to helping with dinner or setting the table.

Definitely recommend - only tip would be that you need strong fridge magnets for this as, being laminated, it's quite thick.

Rio Fully Lined Striped Faux Silk Ready Made Eyelet Curtains (Chocolate, 168x183cm / 66x72")
Offered by John Aird

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice, value for money, curtains, 28 Jun 2014
The dark chocolate strip was not as chocolately brown as it looked in the picture (and as the description implies) but I was trying to match the mid-colour strip - which worked well. Lined and good value for money, I like these curtains but didn't fall in love with them.

JASMINE CHOCOLATE KING Size 5pc Bed In A Bag Duvet Cover Bedding Set: 1 x Duvet Cover, 2x Pillowcases, 1 x Cushion Cover, 1 x Quilted Bed Runner
Offered by Viceroy Bedding

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent value for money, 28 Jun 2014
I've now had this bedding for a month or two. The first one arrived damaged but, once reported to Amazon, the sellers did send out a replacement. Only thing stopping this being a 5 star is that the material seems quite thin/flimsy - but it looks okay and is decent value for money.

Intex Childrens Inflatable Wrestler 3D Boxing Bop Punch Bags Indoor Outdoor Game
Offered by Quickdraw Stationery UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Thoroughly enjoyed., 28 Jun 2014
A great item that my little boy liked. He broke the insides within a week so the water now sloshes round the whole inflated section (although this might have been the massive kick he gave to it). Regardless of this, he's been enjoying it mightily. (He got given a nerf gun and cross bow for his birthday and he's been using the boxer as target practice and it's stood up well to this abuse).

A thoroughly enjoyed and abused toy that is just maybe not as robust internally as I'd have liked for an over-enthusiastic 4 yr old - hence 4 stars not 5.

Otter Tales: Stories of the Land Otter Man and Other Spirit Stories based on the Folklore of the Tlingit of Southeastern Alaska

4.0 out of 5 stars An interesting collection of tales, 20 Jun 2014
This is an interesting collection of tales about the Land Otter Man and other spirits. I liked it, even though this is not the typical genre of book I tend to read. I would recommend to people who enjoy native stories. Even without it being my normal type of book, I enjoyed what I read and the pages turned quite easily - I just don't have a lot to compare it to.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5