Profile for Luca (Padova) > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Wonderful Life
Wonderful Life

4.0 out of 5 stars Black most famous record, expanded., 2 May 2013
This review is from: Wonderful Life (Audio CD)
I bought this album in the late summer of 1987, on vinyl. I loved him very much, listened endlessly, consumed. Repurchased in CD. I would really recommend it. In this new edition there is also a song included in the equally beautiful "Comedy", released in 1988, and which I recommend. That album is probably even better than "Wonderful Life", but has not had the same success.

Keep on Jammin' - REMIX-
Keep on Jammin' - REMIX-

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent remix..., 30 April 2013
This review is from: Keep on Jammin' - REMIX- (Vinyl)
I prefer THIS version (called LOADING mix) to the original 12" and album version. Many "samples" (Chic and others), really well done. Don't miss it.

Moody 80's
Moody 80's
Offered by FastMedia "Ships From USA"

5.0 out of 5 stars Classics, and a RARE version..., 21 April 2013
This review is from: Moody 80's (Audio CD)
Twelve great tracks twelve classics from the 80s, all very beautiful. But the main reason that convinced me to buy this CD is the inclusion of the version published in Italy on 7" of "Total eclipse of the heart" by BONNIE TYLER, version lasting 5:30, ONE MINUTE LONGER than the single version released in the rest of the world... therefore, a real rarity ... hard to find on CD.

Deuces High (Expanded Edition)
Deuces High (Expanded Edition)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great album!!!, 22 Mar. 2013
Awaited on CD for many years (I had the vinyl edition and also the 12" mixes)... second only to their "classic" album EAU DE VIE, this is another masterpiece. Excellent choice to include "It's your turn" in three versions. A must-buy for all fans of the beautiful music of the 70s and 80s.

Disco Kandi 3: A Glittering Selection Of The Sexiest Disco House & Upliftin
Disco Kandi 3: A Glittering Selection Of The Sexiest Disco House & Upliftin

3.0 out of 5 stars Best but CUTTED., 24 Jan. 2013
Hed Kandi is one of my most beloved labels, in every CD they had published. This one is great as usual, but too many tracks are edited in a shorter version than the original extended. Three stars for this bad decision (five for the music).

I Just Can't Stop Loving You
I Just Can't Stop Loving You
Offered by blankspaceshake

4.0 out of 5 stars Finally the ORIGINAL version !, 14 Dec. 2012
After 25 years since the original release of "Bad" on vinyl and CD (with the "red spot" on cover with the "bonus track advertising" for "Leave me alone") finally I can hear the vocal whispered intro, taken away from newest editions but printed in the booklet (???). Why release a CD single for bring back the ORIGINAL version? On the album why someone took away the intro?
Just for spending some more money...
Finally I have the ORIGINAL version, and the rest is business! Dirty business!

DISCO DISCHARGE: MIDNIGHT SHIFT
DISCO DISCHARGE: MIDNIGHT SHIFT

4.0 out of 5 stars Another great collection., 24 Aug. 2012
Another excellent selection of disco and dance tracks from the seventies and eighties... some I've never heard before but very fantastic!!! Disappointed for the REMIX (not the original 12" version) of "Candy love" by Lili & Sussie... but I'm satisfied of the rest. Thanks again to Harmless and Mr. Pink for another great collection.

Comedy
Comedy

5.0 out of 5 stars Much better than "Wonderful life"., 17 Aug. 2012
This review is from: Comedy (Audio CD)
This album is great! I listened for the first time in the late 1988 and every song came into my head too easily... all the songs are very catchy, and I think that this album is much better than "Wonderful life", the biggest (and the only one, sadly) Colin "Black" Vearncombe hit. This is the UK edition, in the United States the album was different, included a bad version of "Wonderful life" (why not the original?) and some tracks from the 1987 album...
So, believe me: take this CD and you'll love it like I do!!!!!!!

Philadelphia International: 40th Anniversary Box Set
Philadelphia International: 40th Anniversary Box Set

4.0 out of 5 stars Finally a GREAT collection of PIR legendary sound..., 26 May 2012
Finally I have it in my hands, this black box (but too delicate to handle for the "fingertips"... why not another kind of cover?) is all I ever wanted from the legendary label. Disappointed for some "single" versions but this is the best and most complete box since the 1986 STREET SOUNDS 14 discs edition! I had a 1991 release on 8 CDs/112 tracks published through KNIGHT Records, but THIS ONE is the DEFINITIVE collection for the wonderful PIR music. If you want more buy also the 4 discs box with the TOM MOULTON mixes!

Disco Discharge: Disco Fever USA
Disco Discharge: Disco Fever USA

5.0 out of 5 stars Another excellent collection., 14 May 2012
Another excellent collection. All the tracks are good, one of the best volumes in the "Disco Discharge" serie. This is the discomusic that I like.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4