Profile for John Arnold > Reviews

Content by John Arnold

John Arnold (Wakefield, UK)

Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit (PS3)
Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit (PS3)
Offered by Game Dealz

1.0 out of 5 stars Burnout: Sell Out, 12 July 2011
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
I knew what I was getting into. I've loved the Burnout franchise for years. Particularly 2 and Takedown. What has annoyed me beyond reason and has caused me to write a review is EA going purchasable content mad.

Now I don't mind add-ons that appear later. That's fine. But finding whole chunks of the game that you have to buy to play is taking the proverbial more than a little. Then we have EA's attempt to take a slice of the 2nd hand market. The whole online segment of the game is enabled with a one use code. So if you sell it on, the new buyer must buy a new one. That's even if you already have an EA account, the original game in your machine and the code that came with it. That's another £8 thankyouverymuch.

It's a shame that the limited game that is left over (only two 'free' single player modes) is just a another prettier Burnout re-hash. It doesn't play as well as Takedown and doesn't race as well as 2. A real let down.

Nikon D40 with AF-S DX Zoom-Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G ED II
Nikon D40 with AF-S DX Zoom-Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G ED II

5.0 out of 5 stars Camera brilliant - Nikon cashback, not so great, 11 Sept. 2008
Love the camera. Simple to use and takes great snaps.

Just make sure if you get an additional lens with this as I did, that you get them through on the same transaction otherwise you'll only get £40 cash back not the £60. Just smarts a bit when you pay near £700 for kit that they leave such a bad taste in your mouth over £20. Makes you wonder what they're like to deal with as a company really. Hopefully I'll never have to.