Profile for Re Clarke > Reviews

Content by Re Clarke

Re Clarke "Fantasy Female" (Hertfordshire, UK)

Apple iPod classic 160GB - Black - 6th Generation
Apple iPod classic 160GB - Black - 6th Generation

1.0 out of 5 stars Extremely Poor Technology., 27 Feb. 2010
After paying a very considerable amount of money, for me anyway, being eighteen and in full time work earning minimum wage. I had fairly high hopes for this. I have owned many mp3 players but never joined the 'i-craze'. So I thought it was best for me to finally invest in an ipod. I chose this as I own and listen to a great deal of music so believed it would be best to have a large GB.
I had no trouble downloading itunes and uploading my music the first time i attatched it. The ipod itself was very easy to use and overall a decent piece of technology which I was very happy to own.
However, I have only had this item 3 days and it now refuses to connect to my laptop. It doesn't show up in itunes that it is attatched, nor register on the ipod. Obviously I can't charge it, nor sync any more songs. So the computer tells me the ipod is corrupt. I trust itunes to fix it, but it ends up deleting all my songs.
I have gone back to attach it but again, it does not register on my ipod nor my computer that it is there. So at the moment i am stuck with no songs, a low battery, and an ipod that obviously doesn't want to communicate with my laptop.
I do not know whether this is a faulty product, a design flaw, or the fault of Amazon or Apple. Or even if it is my laptop, which is barely two months old and had no trouble working at all untill i downloaded itunes and attatched my ipod. I will however attempt to return the item to exchange it for a new one, or at this rate simply a refund. If by some miracle it ends up working i will gladly write a retraction to this review, but so far, i do not see that happening.
Overall, thoroughly dissapointed.
Comment Comments (13) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 14, 2010 3:05 PM GMT

To Catch a Pirate
To Catch a Pirate
by Jade Parker
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

4.0 out of 5 stars Simple Yet Effective, 18 May 2008
'To Catch A Pirate' is a great a spot of light read reading to take up some time and easy to follow. The plot is good if slightly basic and i could personally see a few similarites to 'Pirates Of The Carribean' in it.
The main character of Annalisa is a great heroine, if slightly irritating at times. The romance plot is fairly obvious but follows through well.
The other characters are well thought up and described, especially Crimson and the other piarates.
Towards the end there is more development and excitement as most of the story is set on the one ship and can tend to be dragged out a little.
Overall a nice read for people looking for a simple book.

Priestess Of The White: Book 1 of the Age of the Five
Priestess Of The White: Book 1 of the Age of the Five
by Trudi Canavan

4.0 out of 5 stars Give It A Chance., 4 May 2008
After reading the Black Magician Trilogy I was thrilled to find this series. Though it takes a while to get into the actual story, it is very well set up.
The creatures and people of the book are described perfectly and makes you wish you were in the book. There are however some parts of the book which are quite slow moving but the character backgrounds and persona's make up for it.
Though very different from the Black Magician Triology, I would urge fans to give the series a go!