Profile for flowergirl > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
The Wealth Chef
The Wealth Chef

5.0 out of 5 stars Invaluable information, 29 Jun 2014
This review is from: The Wealth Chef (Kindle Edition)
I bought this book while doing Ann's free on line course which covers similar ground. and which is also excellent. I would recommend this book to anyone who wants to know how to get on top of their money issues and really understand how money works. I just wish I had had a copy of this book when I was much younger!

Easy Cash Writing: How to Make a Living as a Freelance Writer
Easy Cash Writing: How to Make a Living as a Freelance Writer

5.0 out of 5 stars Great - full of useful information, 29 Jun 2014
Great book - full of useful information, very well written and inspirational.

This book has made me believe it really is possible to be a writer which no other book on the subject has ever done!. The exact opposite of most Kindle "books" - masses of "content" (500 pages worth) and excellent value for money.

7dayshop Film Scanner Extra Tray Set - For 35mm Slides & Negatives - Fits 7dayshop Film Scanner and Other Popular Brands!
Offered by 7dayshop Limited (VAT Registered)

4.0 out of 5 stars Would recommend, 16 Sep 2013
this works well. Bit clunky putting the slide tray in the machine but can't say it has had any problems and it does the job it was intended for. Downloading the photos onto the card is great because I don't use any memory on my computer and I am going to save them in an online photo site which means others can view them with ease. Would recommend this to purchasers- just don't expect any hi tech!

Lenovo C340 20 inch All-in-One PC (Black) - (Intel Celeron G550 2.6GHz Processor, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD, DVDRW, LAN, WLAN, Webcam, Integrated Graphics, Windows 8)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 1 Jun 2013
I am not a techie so will not comment on the technical side of things. Suffice to say I am very pleased I bought this PC. It runs beautifully, is fast and does everything I wanted it to and was ridiculously easy to set up. I don't own a television so the 20" screen is a real boon for Iplayer and watching DVDs. The keyboard is also a joy to use as I am a very fast typist and it is very responsive. My only reservation are the speakers which are adequate for watching TV but speaking as a Spotify subscriber, not so great for listening to music as they are quite tinny. However there is a handy port for my laptop speakers so I am now a happy bunny having sorted out that out. Windows 8 is just as annoying as everyone says it is but obviously that is nothing to do with the computer. Overall, a satisfied customer and at this price, would definitely recommend to anyone. A very satisfactory replacement for my laptop as it is takes up virtually no more space.

Death Comes to Pemberley
Death Comes to Pemberley
by P. D. James

4.0 out of 5 stars Great fun, 13 Nov 2011
I read the reviews on here before I downloaded it so didn't expect too much but in fact I was pleasantly surprised. It's a jolly, light read and I wouldn't have even been aware of some of the historical inaccuracies if I hadn't been prewarned by you lovely people. I have always avoided Jane Austen parodies like the plague up to now as I felt she was sacrosanct but PDJ is one of my favourite crime writers so I thought I'd give it a shot - glad I did. Plot kept me guessing and I enjoyed the conceit of other Austen characters from other novels appearing as bit players. Crime novels rarely deal with characterisation in any depth and so it is with this one but I don't see that as a fault - whodunnits have an element of parlour game about them and this one pleases greatly on that level.

Mantras of Kundalini Yoga with Maya Fiennes - Be Happy, Achieve Wealth, Heal Yourself [DVD]
Dvd ~ Maya Fiennes
Offered by rightpricediscs

5.0 out of 5 stars life changng, 30 Oct 2011
I bought the first of Maya's dvd's a year ago (detox)swiftly followed by the seven chakras and then the mantras. It is not hyperbole to say that I have found them life changing - I have given up smoking, I am a far more spiritual and balanced person now, I can meditate on my own which I never could before and my life has improved immensely in so many ways. I cannot recommend Maya's DVDs too highly. Each and every one is a complete joy and I couldn't live without them now. If I could give them six stars I would! I have recommended them to many friends and colleagues and they also have all benefitted from them. What a star Maya is! To me this is yoga in its purest form and I am a total convert to Kundalini yoga.

Easy Meditation Techniques For Beginners: 21 Experts Discuss How To Meditate And The Practice Of Deep Daily Meditating

1.0 out of 5 stars Worthless - do not buy, 2 Sep 2011
The "writer" has cut and pasted a google search on "meditation" and turned it into a "book". She has not even bothered to proof read the articles. They have just been lifted as they are and many do not even read properly. Most of the articles are badly written and not worth the digital ink they are written with. If you want a decent book on meditation read the one by Yogani which is thorough, well written and knowledgeable. This was only £2 but I was still ripped off.

The Art and Science of Light Bulb Moments
The Art and Science of Light Bulb Moments
by Tom Evans

5.0 out of 5 stars Tom is a true wizard, 12 July 2011
I love this book - Tom Evan's angle seems entirely fresh and new to me and quite fascinating. I haven't had a lightbulb moment yet but it's early days and I am trying to incorporate his ideas methodically into my life. I also have his other book "Flavours of Thought" which is also amazing. Check out his website which is well worth a look. I think TE could be a modern magician!

Kundalini Yoga Solar Power All-In-One Workout ALL LEVELS [DVD]
Kundalini Yoga Solar Power All-In-One Workout ALL LEVELS [DVD]
Dvd ~ Ana Brett & Ravi Singh

4.0 out of 5 stars great DVD- if I could watch it!, 16 Jun 2011
I have ordered two different DVDs by Raviana but have only been able to watch them in parts as they won't play properly on my equipment - is anyone else having this problem? This is a great pity as they look as though they are great and I would really like to be able to watch them properly and do the class. Amazon have refunded my money on both occasions - but I would rather have the DVDs! I am A recent convert to Kundalini Yoga and absolutely love it and I am sure Raviana's practice would only add to this.

1000 Years of Annoying the French
1000 Years of Annoying the French
by Stephen Clarke

5.0 out of 5 stars a really great read, 3 May 2011
a funny, engaging read and a romp through British/French history which is highly informative well written and researched - if only history lessons had been like this at school...a 17 year old relative picked it up and was hooked from the first page - not usually an age that reads history for pure pleasure!

Page: 1 | 2