Profile for C. Clark > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Duffields Chickens Choice Layers Pellets, 20 Kg
Duffields Chickens Choice Layers Pellets, 20 Kg

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy, healthy hens., 13 Mar. 2015
I have 4 hens, and they all eat this quite happily. They appear to be healthy and are laying well formed eggs that have a good colour. This isn't dusty, and the pellets are quite small so ideal for bantams too. A good buy, in my opinion.

MunkiMix 925 Sterling Silver Ring Band Silver Triquetra Irish Celtic Knot Wedding Fashion Love Size R Women
Offered by MunkiMix Jewellery

4.0 out of 5 stars Good buy., 23 Nov. 2014
Good quality ring. Slightly thinner band than I expected, but the silver itself is sturdy and has shown no sign of shape distortion, even though I have worn it constantly since buying it over 6 weeks ago.

Pebble Smartwatch - Black
Pebble Smartwatch - Black
Offered by Vadgets

5.0 out of 5 stars A favourite present., 23 Nov. 2014
I bought this for my husband. I'm not really sure what it does, but he loves it! Has worn it everyday since. Can't say fairer than that!

Tankini Swimwear RikRak blues 16
Tankini Swimwear RikRak blues 16
Offered by Challenge-Sports ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Good., 23 Nov. 2014
Being rather curvy (ok, overweight!) I was worried that the top of this might roll up, or indeed that the legs might do the same. But, no. The costume stays put, even when wet. As I am a teacher and go swimming with the children, the extra bit of leg helps me retain a little dignity (I do wear a t-shirt over the top as some kids tend to grab you for support). The bust support is ok, not brilliant, but good enough to be of use. Being a two piece, it's quicker to get changed in and out of. So, overall, for the money was pleasantly surprised by the quality and fit.

The Complete Countryman: A User's Guide to Traditional Skills and Lost Crafts
The Complete Countryman: A User's Guide to Traditional Skills and Lost Crafts
by Alan Titchmarsh

4.0 out of 5 stars A great gift., 23 Nov. 2014
I bought this for my friend as a birthday present as she is such a big fan of Alan Titchmarch. Needless to say she loved it, even more so as this particular copy was signed by him! Lots of information, as the product description suggests, with nice pictures. For the right person, this is a great book. Recommended.

Cabin Pressure: The Collected Series 1-3
Cabin Pressure: The Collected Series 1-3
by John Finnemore
Edition: Audio CD

5.0 out of 5 stars Treat yourself., 23 Nov. 2014
I have lost count of how many times I have listened to this, and yet I continue to laugh out loud constantly. It is so well written, and the characters are played expertly. Do be aware, though, that this does not include the final episode, Zurich, due to be aired this Christmas and set for CD release in January. You may either want to preorder the complete series, or buy this and preorder Zurich (which is the cheaper option at the moment). Whichever you do, though, do treat yourself to some of the funniest, wittiest and endlessly re-listenable comedy out there. Enjoy!

Soup for Every Day: 365 of Our Favourite Recipes (New Covent Garden Soup Company)
by New Covent Garden Soup Company

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply brilliant!, 24 Nov. 2013
I love this book. Have owned it now for about a year, and have since bought a copy for each of my sisters and one for my son when he started uni. The instructions are clear, and the soup is outstanding - not a dud one yet! I must admit that May 19th (Courgettes and Brie)comes round quite frequently in our house!
As a veggie, there are several recipes I shall either never use or have had to adapt but the book, for me, has still been excellent value.
Some people may be put off by the fact there are no pictures/photos, but this doesn't bother me at all.
All you need is a hand blender and a saucepan and you're ready to go!

The Bean Book (Essential Vegetarian Collection Series)
The Bean Book (Essential Vegetarian Collection Series)
by Rose Elliot

5.0 out of 5 stars Changed my cooking forever!, 22 Aug. 2013
Like other reviewers, I came across this book when I left home in the early '80s. Luckily, a previous tenant had left the book behind in the cupboard. As I had grown up in a pretty carnivorous household, the only pulse I had ever eaten was a baked bean(although I had no idea that it *was* a pulse!). So this was a real eye-opener to me. The recipes were and are easy to follow, and all the ingredients easy to find (easier nowadays, in fact). This book gave me the confidence to experiment with food, try new things and I even bought a pressure cooker to make cooking beans quicker!

Having gone from never tasting a pulse, 30 years later they are my favourite food, with chickpeas and butter (lima) beans being my all-time food heaven! I have been veggie for 28 of those years, and it is this book that gave me the confidence and knowledge on how to start. The Shepherd's Beany Pie is a house staple, as is the Lentil and Green Pepper Flan and, of course, the Hummus.

Am buying two copies today: one to replace my yellowing old one which is barely held together with Gaffa tape and elastic bands, and one for my niece in New Zealand as she starts to explore nutritious, cheap home cooking.

Tadpole's Promise
Tadpole's Promise
by Jeanne Willis

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 15 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Tadpole's Promise (Paperback)
I have read this book many times with children ranging in age from 4 to 11, and unlike other reviewers, I have not had any problems with the children being upset. On the contrary, they have all loved the surprise ending. It reflects real life (well, the ending does!)and so there is a serious point within the humour. Maybe it warns us about being over anthropomorphistic (is that a word? You know what I mean...) in the first place. Brilliant. Refreshingly funny and honest.

LITTLE FINGER RING Sizes F up to V available you choose below Size Helper inner diameter mm Size F=14.25 G=14.5 H=15 I=15.25 J=15.75 K=16 L=16.5 M=16.75 N=17.25 O=17.85 P=18.25 Q=18.65 R=19 S=19.5 U=20.25 V=20.75 W=21.25 measure across finger / thumb in mm. Problems contact us

2.0 out of 5 stars Occasional wear only, 20 July 2012
I bought my ring from Argos, completely identical (and I have checked!) to the picture above. Fitted beautifully (and still does). However, there is a small flat pad of metal which I assume seals the ring, and the filigree metal close to that has broken right across, at first leaving me with sharp ends. I have used jewelry pliers to secure the sharp ends, and can still wear the ring comfortably for occasions, but it has lost any strength and am looking for a replacement. Nice for the price as occasional wear, but if you want to have a 'put on never take off' ring, this is not for you.

Page: 1 | 2