Profile for The Sinner Reader > Reviews

Content by The Sinner Reader

The Sinner Reader "As the name implies, I love reading anything sinful." (USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Peter: A Darkened Fairytale - Short Poems & Tiny Thoughts Box Set #1: Short Poems & Tiny Thoughts - 1, 2 and 3

5.0 out of 5 stars Peter's Dark World, 24 April 2014
Book one:
Peter: A Darkened Fairy tale is a magical tale that is awesomely like one of my favorite books-- Alice in Wonderland. I love Peter so much I was thrilled to see a book of poetry dedicated to this darkened world. I wasn't disappointed. It was amazing the way this author managed to weave short poems into a new magical tale. Great book.

Book two:
Fall down a surreal rabbit hole with Surreal Peter. In this addition, you get to soar with dragons, hide from a witch and deal with wizards. Another not-to-be-missed chapter in the darkened world.

Book three:
When I was a kid, we had tons of fairy tales to enjoy. Although those books are still around and I still love them, I'm finding because of their out-dated subject matters, my children don't enjoy them the way I do. Peter is the solution to this problem. With ghosts, dragons, witches, wizards and all matters magical, this is an attention getter you'll want to check out.

Peter - The World  (Peter: A Darkened Fairytale): Short Poems & Tiny Thoughts - 1
Peter - The World (Peter: A Darkened Fairytale): Short Poems & Tiny Thoughts - 1

5.0 out of 5 stars Tiny World, 5 April 2014

The Inner Movement
The Inner Movement

4.0 out of 5 stars More like 4.5 stars, 8 Mar. 2014
Book One: What if you were forced to die every night? Not just die, but experience a horrible, painful death that was different each time. What would something like that do to your mind, especially if you're a teenager?

"Outview" by Brandt Legg tackles this in a fantasy-type setting with 16-year-old, Nate.

This is a well-written book that delves into some deep new-age topics. If you're a firm believer in reincarnation, this book will snag you from the beginning, and even if you don't, the wild ride of this epic YA Sci-Fi will keep you hooked.

Book two: In, Outin, Book 2 of the "Inner Movement" series, the mood has darkened and Nate is no longer as young in mind-set as he was in the beginning. There are sci-fi books then there are SCI-FI books. Brandt Legg writes the latter. From epic ideas to amazing world building, you'll go on a ride as far as your imagination can stretch.
It might just change how you think about the dimensions.

Book Three:
Outmove is the final story in the “Inner Movement” series. The way Brandt Legg handles the complicated multiple outcomes is amazing. Each move Nate makes changes the fate of humanity. This is one of those books that will get you thinking. Loved it.

The  Search for Runningman - A Novel starring RockTheBlock and Runningman: Book Two of the RockTheBlock and Runningman Trilogy
The Search for Runningman - A Novel starring RockTheBlock and Runningman: Book Two of the RockTheBlock and Runningman Trilogy

5.0 out of 5 stars Popular game comes to life, 28 Feb. 2014
RockTheBlock can't accept the loss of his friend Ruuningman. He knows his friends LadyPrincess49 and Jiimyfourlegs don't believe Runningman isn't coming back, but Rocktheblock can't accept it. He sits in his hut waiting for the day he returns while his friends attempt to lure him out. Finally, LadyPrincess49 convinces him to leave long enough to join her for dinner and drop the news....there is a land where everyone is reborn. I'm not going to ruin the rest of the story for you. With the popularity of Minecraft, I had to check this one out and was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed it. 5 Stars

Spirituality: A Practical Guide to Spiritual Awakening: A Journey of Self-Awareness and Spiritual Growth (Mind and Well-Being Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Spiritual Growth, 19 Feb. 2014
In this day of fast-paced, always online living, we could use a way to help us gain inner peace. Follow this easy-to-read guide to retrain your brain to deal with every day stress and find harmony.

Twelve Months of a Soviet Childhood:Short Stories
Twelve Months of a Soviet Childhood:Short Stories

5.0 out of 5 stars It's the little things when reading a book, 17 Dec. 2013
These short stories-- about life in communist Russia-- show things in a very personal way. It's the little things when reading a book set in another country that really show either personal experience or tons of research on the author's part. These stories are a child's view of the times. The declining economy was especially interesting to me. Although we are far away from those conditions today, I do see how my own children are living in a more turbulent time than I did. To see it from a child's P.O.V.was intriguing. Since I have read several of Julia Gousseva's books, I'm finding you can't go wrong. 5 stars

The Infidel Soldiers
The Infidel Soldiers

5.0 out of 5 stars Brave Author, 16 Dec. 2013
It takes a brave author to write about a subject that has seen so many threats of violence and actual deaths done in the name of Islam, but Jams N. Roses has done it, and done it well.
The Islamization of the UK is really just the back drop of this story of two men who have survived so far, and need each other at the lowest points of their lives for the encouragement to stand and fight.
This is a story with lots of blood, action , violence and a political point that is currently being debated the world over. I applaud the author for this great fictional portrayal of the dangerous world we live in.

Tall Tales for Short People
Tall Tales for Short People

5.0 out of 5 stars Tall tales for short folk, 15 Dec. 2013
I worked in child care for 14 years and there were times I never knew which age group I would be working with when I walked in the door. I wish I'd had this book back then. Each story is written for a different age group, and while the settings are familiar, each one is written to engage a new level of learning--such as language used. Wonderful concept. Wonderful read.

Anya's Story (Anya Series Book 1)
Anya's Story (Anya Series Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Enduring Spirit, 8 Dec. 2013
Love, loss, a Russian setting paired with the emotions true to the time period. Now, add in love again with more loss and then you have this wonderful book about the triumph of human spirit.
Anya has her life mapped out with Victor, but as things do, it doesn't work as expected and instead she ends up married to Yuri. Packed away and shipped off the middle of nowhere--far away from Moscow life-- her loyalties are tested in the harshest of ways. You need to read this one, and find out for yourself exactly how far a person can go when determined. The human spirit always triumphs, especially with such a talented author at the helm.

Galactic Energies: Science fiction and fantasy short stories
Galactic Energies: Science fiction and fantasy short stories

5.0 out of 5 stars The Cover Snagged Me. The Words Kept Me, 7 Dec. 2013
Galactic Energies has something for everyone Sci-Fi, Erotica, Cyberpunk, Fantasy, and Paranormal. If you enjoy any of those genres then you'll love this collection of short stories. The cover is so gorgeous, and I'm vein, so I was easily sold by that alone. However, the stories were so engrossing. I read them in one sitting.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4