Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer (Leeds, UK)

1 3/4" Chrome Bath Plug With Chain
1 3/4" Chrome Bath Plug With Chain
Offered by Aretro Ltd

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 4 April 2016
It plugs, but I have found the chain to rust and discolour the metal fittings of my bath tub.

Compatible Epson Expression XP-305 Ink Cartridges 1X Black 1X Cyan 1X Magenta 1X Yellow (4-Pack)
Offered by Odyssey Supplies

1.0 out of 5 stars Two of the four cartridges not recognised by my Epson ..., 4 April 2016
Two of the four cartridges not recognised by my Epson XP-305. It's not worth the effort to return, but people should know the fail rate.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully made, 3 Nov. 2013
This cardigan is very well made, and the cotton fabric is just the right weight, not too thin, not too thick. Perfect for wear under a coat outdoors and casually indoors. The white trim is perfectly placed. Washes with no problems what-so-ever. Fantastic product. I have bought several different styles from this seller and all of the clothes have been of fantastic quality.

The Abbey Road Sessions
The Abbey Road Sessions

5.0 out of 5 stars Ian Shaw Continues to be Brilliant, 3 July 2011
If you already know Ian Shaw you won't be surprised that this album is a technically excellent delivery of Ian Shaw's voice with some stellar musicians like Peter Ind providing a bass part worth paying attention to and Gene Calderazzo possibly under used on kit, allowing for a couple of lovely double bass/vocal duets.

For those of you who don't know Ian Shaw, prepare to be impressed by a jazz musician with an irritatingly large range who writes complicated vocal rhythms and pulls them off seemingly effortlessly with some great use of portamento. For a good example of this try the clip of "The Lady's in love with you" and marvel at the design of Peter Ind's walking bass score which is simple in its rhythm, so as to not step on Ian's toes, but complex in its melody.

Also noteworthy is David Preston's efforts on guitar which are very well tailored to the mood of each piece he plays in. Preston often inserts little licks which really work to add to complexity the pieces (for example around 3:11 in Lady). Zhenya Strigalev plays some very upbeat sax solos in several tracks (most notably "Get out of Town") and provides superb accompaniment throughout in a duet with trumpeter Miguel Gorodi (who was, impressively, still studying in Guildhall while he recorded the album).

I was a tad disappointed not to hear the piano feature more prominently in the album as it was played very subtly by Phil Ware whose subdued and technical chord building style is very much brought through into the piano pieces in the album. Especially insulting is the piano's demotion to bass instrument (while, in my opnion, Peter Ind needs no help) in "Get out of Town" in the middle of which you are offered the tantalising idea that there's about to be a piano solo (at about 1:40) but then the sax jumps in to deliver a punchy solo instead.

Despite that I love all but one song on the album ("Human Nature" - and I can still admit that it is lovingly and competently recreated in a very different style to the MJ original). This album is very much worth a purchase especially "The Lady's in love with you" and "Obsession". If you're a Peter Ind fan then "Stairway to the stars" is a duet for just him and Ian Shaw and is very relaxing.

Confidence MONO 3 Man Tent
Confidence MONO 3 Man Tent

2.0 out of 5 stars Very discon-tent, 29 Aug. 2010
This review is from: Confidence MONO 3 Man Tent (Misc.)
I guess if you're buying a tent this cheap you know it's not the worlds best tent. So in summary of the below: it's not a three-man tent and it will get you wet if it rains. If you just need somewhere to sleep for one night and you don't really care about anything else it will be fine.

This product was horrible. The poles were too short and the tent just sat in a sad saggy pile. It is claimed to be a 3 man tent but I couldn't even fit myself into the main compartment and had to sleep in the porch area. Happily I was aware it would not rain during its use but it clearly would not have handled the rain any better than it handled the basic function of standing upright.

On the plus side the tent WAS ridiculously cheap and I did have somewhere to sleep. I was laughed at by all my serious camping friends so it was a source of humour for all.

Getting the Buggers to Behave
Getting the Buggers to Behave
by Sue Cowley

4.0 out of 5 stars A good one for english teachers, 30 Jun. 2008
The title of this book may lead you to believe the author to be of a strict and dominating character in the class room. This perception is wrong. Instead you can find a calm 'firm but fun' attitude to behavior management and teaching in general. I would definitely guess Ms Cowley to be an English teacher and describes lesson plans for conceptual subjects; the arts.

The book explains throughly ideas and tips for getting a student's attention and respect though uses a possibly naieve view of the average student. As a young teacher I remember being a student myself recently and I think that some of these methods wouldn't work on badly behaved students because they rely too much on the analysis of self the author explains will calm them down and the idea that explanation of the rules will calm a hot headed student.

I prefer to be a bit more strict than Ms Cowley when I'm teaching and would not reason with a misbehaving student as much as she does, but I certainly share her philosophy of a fun teacher being a better teacher. I found very few tips useful for science lessons in this book, but theres a science teaching book available by the author should you enjoy the style of this book.

This said, I certainly believe that these tips will be very useful in my future carreer for dealing with the average student, rather than the badly behaved. This book was excellent fun to read; I got through it in one night! Well worth the price.

Angels And Demons
Angels And Demons
by Dan Brown

3.0 out of 5 stars Same old..., 24 Mar. 2007
This review is from: Angels And Demons (Paperback)
This book is the same as Dan's other three books. Replace "Paris" with "Vatican City" and it's The DaVinci Code all over again. Still an enjoyable book, I just found all the "twists" predictable after reading the other three. If this is your first Dan Brown book, I very much suggest reading it. The twists are intriguing and the plot line is exciting. If it's not your first, I wouldn't bother. Try Sam Bourne for something in a similar vein, but better written.

Acorn Antiques - The Musical [DVD]
Acorn Antiques - The Musical [DVD]
Dvd ~ Julie Walters

4.0 out of 5 stars A cheap laugh, 24 Mar. 2007
I bought this DVD for my mother over Christmas, and I watched it last week. Personally, I found it hilarious, if not slightly slow to start. The music is in Victoria Wood's usual style and was enjoyed by all of my family (so much so that we're going to see it in Leeds in April). I wouldn't rank it with Avenue Q or Wicked, but worth the price, definitely.