Profile for jack > Reviews

Content by jack

jack

Last Stand of Dead Men (Skulduggery Pleasant, Book 8) (Skulduggery Pleasant series)

5.0 out of 5 stars none, 15 Sept. 2013
I found lsodm to be a lot better than kotw, mainly because kotw left a lot of strings dangleing and even went out of iit's way to avoid answering questions. While lsodm tied nearly everything up in a nice neat bow, three things are unaccounted for but hey you can't have everything.

Harper's Island - Complete Season [DVD]
Harper's Island - Complete Season [DVD]
Dvd ~ Elaine Cassidy

5.0 out of 5 stars none, 9 Feb. 2013
I found the series to have comedy, drama and (of course) gut wrenching gore. It left me guessing right till the end (although I had suspected the murderer, and knew what would happen to Abby, we're not all silly). It was enjoyable and I would rekindle watching it with a group of friends, so you don't get scared (and so you can all argue about who the murderer is).

Beautiful Creatures (Book 1)
Beautiful Creatures (Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars none, 9 Feb. 2013
I found the book to be very much the same as twilight (not that I've read it or ever will) but with very key differences. 1. The book is about a boy (also the narrator, how often does that happen) falling in love with a paranormal girl (I now get why they call it paranormal romance). 2. The magical people are witches (but they prefer the term caster) and witches bump vampires everytime. 3.The narrator isn't a whiny pretentious swear-word. All these things make it a very good read, I shall be giving it 4 stars (I would be giving 3 but witches are awesome).

Kingdom of the Wicked (Skulduggery Pleasant, Book 7) (Skulduggery Pleasant series)

4.0 out of 5 stars None, 9 Sept. 2012
To be honest I didn't find this book to be as page turning as Death Bringer, but that probably because of the setting of the book.
Don't get me wrong though I thoroughly enjoyed it. Kingdom of the wicked was fast paced and full of action.
You can clearly see how this is the begining of the end for Skulduggy and Valkyrie, that style of writing is very difficult to pull of and isn't very enjoyable, manly because it leaves too many questions unanswered. But in my experiance the books that follow this one are all the more better for it.
Apart from that I found the book to be full of suspense, a lot of blood and magic in just the right balance. Overall I think that Landy has done it again.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 6, 2013 4:29 PM BST