Profile for Miss C. K. Bartle > Reviews

Content by Miss C. K. Bartle

Miss C. K. Bartle "Musta Enkeli" (England/Finland)

Mary & Elizabeth
Mary & Elizabeth
by Emily Purdy

1.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely diabolical., 17 Aug 2011
This review is from: Mary & Elizabeth (Paperback)
I had to have this book forcibly removed from my hands because it was enraging me so much.

I would really question whether the author has any historical knowledge at all, especially regarding the customs and etiquette of the Tudor court.

The plot is just one sensational, over-the-top and holy inaccurate event after another.

I think that the most accurate part of the book is the title.

Terribly written and with a complete disregard of any truth. I appreciate that a writer of historical fiction needs to use a little artistic license in order to further a plot, but this is absolutely diabolical and bordering on the ridiculous.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 12, 2012 9:06 PM GMT

Cute and Easy Crochet
Cute and Easy Crochet
by Nicki Trench

1.0 out of 5 stars Not for beginners at all, 26 July 2011
This review is from: Cute and Easy Crochet (Paperback)
I'm an accomplished knitter so I wanted to try crocheting. I bought this book based on reviews. The initial pages which show you how to do the various stitches are relatively clear and easy to work out. The problem is the patterns. If you've never crocheted before, the patterns are confusing, unclear, unhelpful and lacking clear instruction. With steps like "double crochet into ring", the absolute beginner is left beyond confused. Which stitch in the ring?! I've tried making a square (for the Spring Throw - the very first beginners pattern) and each of my 5 attempts has looked nothing like the others. My mum has had the same problem. Absolutely terrible.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 9, 2012 5:02 PM GMT