Profile for M. R. Wing > Reviews

Content by M. R. Wing

M. R. Wing (Derbyshire, England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14
Lifting the Latch: A Life on the Land - Based on the Life of Mont Abbott of Enstone, Oxfordshire
by Sheila Stewart

5.0 out of 5 stars Lifting The Latch: A Life On THe Land, 29 Jan. 2015
An absolute treasure of a book telling life exactly as it was on the farm in times gone by. No punches are pulled - it tells it as it was, warts and all.
Very valuable as a resource if researching farming life with the information coming directly from a lovable character who lived life to the full and never short changed anyone in the work that he carried out despite being taken advantage of by his employers.

A Traveller's Life: The Autobiography of Sheila Stewart
A Traveller's Life: The Autobiography of Sheila Stewart
by Sheila Stewart

5.0 out of 5 stars A Travellers Life, Autobiography of Sheila Stewart, 29 Jan. 2015
A fascinating book which is entertaining and educating (if rather biased) throughout. Very easy reading and the travellers tales and poems are delightful. Not to be missed if you are wanting to know more about travellers.

LE 20W Super Bright Outdoor LED Flood Lights, 200W Halogen Bulb Equivalent, Daylight White, Security Lights, Floodlight
Offered by Neon Mart

4.0 out of 5 stars LE 10w, 20w, 30w and 50w Super Bright Outdoor Flood Lights., 29 Jan. 2015
The bracket will rust within a week of installing which is common to all the 10w, 20w,30w and 50w lamps I have purchased - I now paint mine with 'Hammerite'. All these lamps have been electrically very 'noisy' and can cause interference on audio devices. My mains powered radio will not operate when plugged in to same electrical source as the lamp. Also the cable already fitted to these lamps is very short and may not reach a junction box unless it is positioned close up to the bracket. If you replace the cable, as I did, be aware that the light reflector is paper thin which is not a problem as long as you are careful. Take care when tightening the bolts which fix the case to the bracket as they are very short on threads and are directly in to fairly soft aluminium (aluminum to those non-uk readers!). I would still buy more despite their faults as they are at a bargain price.

Practo PR003 Plumbing Fitting for Rain Barrel PR120-PR210
Practo PR003 Plumbing Fitting for Rain Barrel PR120-PR210
Offered by HomeAndGardenDeals

5.0 out of 5 stars ... my old frost split one but this pipe is superior to the one I got from B&Q, 15 Jan. 2015
I only needed the flexible pipe to replace my old frost split one but this pipe is superior to the one I got from B&Q. Barrel fitting are excellent and easy to fit.

Chuckit! Ultra Grip Ball Launcher (Colors Vary)
Chuckit! Ultra Grip Ball Launcher (Colors Vary)
Offered by BuyAllMeans

5.0 out of 5 stars Chuckit! Ball launcher, 23 Oct. 2014
I use this ball launcher with my Chuckit whistler balls and standard balls. Makes life easy on the shoulders. I have seen some other brands that have been shorter meaning less distance thrown but I find the extra length useful and this launcher is made of quality materials with a good hand grip. Be aware that some cheaper launchers use plastic that gets stiffer in the cold and can crack when used.

Canine Hardware Chuckit Whistler Balls Pack of 2 Fits Ball Throwers Chuckers
Canine Hardware Chuckit Whistler Balls Pack of 2 Fits Ball Throwers Chuckers
Offered by Cambridge Pet Store

5.0 out of 5 stars ChuckIt Whistler Balls, 23 Oct. 2014
My greyhound loves running after these and the whistle makes them more attractive than the standard balls. They are also taking a lot of chewing with no visible damage just as the standard balls. Shame greyhounds don't bring them back after running to catch them! The whistle is not loud enough to annoy any other walkers and I suspect there is an ultrasonic sound which we can't hear as well as the low pitched sound that we do pick up. I have only used the orange ball and suspect that the blue on will easily get lost in the grass - pity they are not sold in packs of two orange ones. They throw nearly as far as the standard balls when using a throwing stick but they do get blown off course in the wind.

Hush Puppies Relief Slide Tan Mens Slide Sandals Size UK 10
Hush Puppies Relief Slide Tan Mens Slide Sandals Size UK 10
Offered by DMS Sportsworld

5.0 out of 5 stars Hush Puppies Slide sandals, 23 Oct. 2014
Bought these to replace my old pair of a similar model - they lasted for years and were comfortable right up until the soles wore out. I have flat feet and these sandals are very comfortable and are just as well made as the previous pair. Have to confess that I usually (but not always) wear socks with sandals - I know it's a fashion sin but who cares if it makes life more comfortable.

Amazon Kindle Paperwhite Leather Cover, Onyx Black  [will only fit Kindle Paperwhite (5th and 6th Generation)]
Amazon Kindle Paperwhite Leather Cover, Onyx Black [will only fit Kindle Paperwhite (5th and 6th Generation)]

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazon Kindle Paperwhite Leather Cover., 17 Oct. 2014
Makes the Kindle Paperwhite much easier to handle whilst giving excellent protection. Opening and closing the cover turns the Kindle on and off which is a handy feature.

O'TOM TICK TWISTER (pack of 2)
O'TOM TICK TWISTER (pack of 2)
Offered by Black Cat Medicines

4.0 out of 5 stars O'Tom Tick Twister, 17 Oct. 2014
A handy product to carry in your pocket but I have not needed to use it and hope I never will so cannot comment on its effectiveness.

Harringtons Complete Rich in Salmon and Potato 2 Kg (Pack of 6)
Harringtons Complete Rich in Salmon and Potato 2 Kg (Pack of 6)

5.0 out of 5 stars Harringtons Complete Rich in Salmon and Potato, 17 Oct. 2014
My greyhound loves this and I use it mixed with Burns complete. Being in 2kg packets make it easier to use than a big sack. Well digested and what comes out is easy to deal with. Definite improvement of her coat after starting to use this product and is much better than the 'Wagg' brand I used previously.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14