ARRAY(0xa2b71c30)

Profile for Midge > Reviews

Content by Midge

Midge "Midge Spencer" (Soul Fan, United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2
The Original Black and Tan Leather Wallet Smart Case for The New iPad Air (iPad 5, 5th Generation released November 1st 2013) with Full Sleep Wake compatibility
Offered by Purplemoose007
Price: 19.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent case!, 27 Feb 2014
This case was a great choice for my IPad Air, it looks very smart and does not add much weight to the tablet.
Highly recommended.

Handmade Music Factory
Handmade Music Factory
by Mike Orr
Price: 12.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Book, 29 Mar 2013
This review is from: Handmade Music Factory (Paperback)
So glad I bought this book it is packed from cover to cover with inspiration. Since I received it a couple of weeks ago I have been collecting the component parts for my first cigar box guitar and can't wait to get started. I'm going to start with a 3 string fretless version as these seem to be the way to go for beginners like me with little or zero woodwork skills. Plenty of how to's on building and playing these instruments on You Tube which in turn led me to a whole community of Cigar Box Guitar makers and players. INSPIRATIONAL.

Parker Urban Fashion Pink Chrome Trim Rollerball - Gift Boxed
Parker Urban Fashion Pink Chrome Trim Rollerball - Gift Boxed
Price: 15.73

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely Pen, 21 Dec 2012
Bought this as a Xmas present for my wife, of course she hasn't seen it yet but I was so impressed I bought one for myself, not pink of course, I got myself the matt black version. Really stylish pens, lovely weight to them and very comfortable to hold.
Highly reccomended.

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Would have liked it, 12 Dec 2012
If the damn thing had actually worked, but it didn't so I had to send it straight back.
A real shame as I haven't been able to find another.

Fender Guitar Strap Black
Fender Guitar Strap Black
Offered by RST Music
Price: 10.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Dreadful mistake, 9 Dec 2012
This review is from: Fender Guitar Strap Black
I should have taken more notice of the negative reviews but sadly I didn't.
This really is a piece of tat and there is no way that I will put this
anywhere near either of my guitars. I am really surprised that Fender
allowed their name to be put on this plastic made rubbish. Zero stars
from this buyer.

Midge

The Recycled Guitar: Build One With Telecaster Parts
The Recycled Guitar: Build One With Telecaster Parts
Price: 5.14

2.0 out of 5 stars Wrong guitar, 8 Dec 2012
Bought the Kindle version of this only to find that it was actually the Stratocaster version so I was given a refund.
Shame because I really did look forward to reading the Tele version.

WD TV Live Media Player
WD TV Live Media Player
Price: 64.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Great little Media Player, 13 Nov 2011
Had mine just over a week now and I am very pleased with it, I have my content stored on 2tb Seagate external HD's via USB, both DVD and BluRay rips, it has played every video file type I have thrown at it so far. I have found that it does not seem to support AAC audio, though this has not been a real problem as I try to use the best possible audio format when ripping my movie collection using MakeMKV (well worth looking at this free programme if you have a large DVD / Blu Ray collection to rip to HD). Though this latest version of the WDTV has built in wi-fi don't expect to be able to stream HD content wirelessly and you won't be disappointed in the quality of this player. Got mine from Argos as they had stock before Amazon and it worked out cheaper than the current Amazon price.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 16, 2012 6:41 PM GMT

The Fades Series 1 [Blu-ray] [Region Free]
The Fades Series 1 [Blu-ray] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Daniel Kaluuya
Price: 9.03

5.0 out of 5 stars More like this Please......., 20 Oct 2011
This series has proved to be a real treat on BBC3. Consistently good writing and acting,
atmospheric, creepy, exciting and often laugh out loud funny. I would reccomend this to
anyone who is at all interested in GOOD tv. Not just for kids, I'm the wrong side of 50
and I love it.

Sony MDRDS6500.CEK Digital Surround Headphones
Sony MDRDS6500.CEK Digital Surround Headphones
Offered by Electric Mania Store
Price: 164.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for late night viewing, 30 July 2011
I usually prefer my separate component surround system but obviously this is not something I can use late at night without peeing off a.) My wife and b.) the neighbours. This headphone set up seemed like a good option and after receiving it this morning I gave them a couple of tests tonight. Guy Ritchies Sherlock Holmes was first up and I have to say it sounded great through these cans, soundfield seemed well placed and dialogue was clear throughout. I then used them to watch SuckerPunch, the sound from this movie came through really well, the surround effect worked like a dream. While I wouldnt be able to comment on the 7.1 claims (my own system is 5.1) it is certainly convincing enough . I look forward to using it with games such as Killzone 3 and Dead Space. All in all a nice addition to the AV system and with Amazons price being 80 cheaper than my local Sony store it's well worth the price. Give them a go if you need to watch your movies without disturbing family or neighbours.

Motorola Xoom: The Missing Manual
Motorola Xoom: The Missing Manual
Price: 7.64

1.0 out of 5 stars Save your Money, 22 Jun 2011
I bought the Kindle version of this and wish I hadn't have bothered, it's useless, no technical info to speak of and frankly it hasn't taught me anything that I hadn't already figured out by myself. At least if I had bought the paper version I could have sold it on or burnt it for warmth one cold night. Steer well clear.

Page: 1 | 2