Profile for Adam > Reviews

Content by Adam

Adam (Kent)

Page: 1 | 2
BEKO BD533AW BDV555AW 2 Turn Fan Oven Cooker Heater Element (1600W)
BEKO BD533AW BDV555AW 2 Turn Fan Oven Cooker Heater Element (1600W)
Offered by Certified Insane Clothing Company Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars To Hot To Handle... (sorry about the pun), 20 Jun. 2015
Through the power of electricity and conductivity Beko bring you this! The replacement to fire!

When our food cooking machine's filament decided to die it was time for a new one. This was the one, it will heat your food with the power of 1000 suns while your enemies watch with awe, with this, you are now a power to be reckoned with!

Seriously: This filament fitted our oven perfectly and works like a charm. Be sure to hook it up correctly. Once connected, run on full power for a few minutes to make sure everything is OK.

Anker AH430 USB 3.0 4-Port Compact Aluminum Hub with 2-Foot USB 3.0 Cable
Anker AH430 USB 3.0 4-Port Compact Aluminum Hub with 2-Foot USB 3.0 Cable
Offered by AnkerDirect

2.0 out of 5 stars Cuts off my WI-FI and Bluetooth., 20 Jun. 2015
Shame. I bought this thinking it would be a fantastic companion to my 2012 Mac Mini. Unfortunately I didn't read every last detail about it otherwise I would have seen that this operates on a frequency that knocks out WI-FI and some Bluetooth signals.

I plugged it in to my Mac Mini and at first everything seemed OK. Then next day when I went to AirShare something to my Mac from my iPhone I noticed that the WI-Fi was off. I did everything under the sun to fix it, reset the PRAM, Control Prefs, Update my routers firmware, everything. Then I unplugged the hub to mess around with the wires and noticed the WI-FI came right back.

So I opened up iStumbler (a program to check the strength of WI-FI and Bluetooth signals) With the hub out, the signals were consistent for both. When I put the hub in, the WI-FI dropped and the Bluetooth to a sharp hit. I could have gotten by with this but I need my wireless and bluetooth signals to be strong.

I don't know if this has the same effect on Apple laptops, Windows laptops or other net tops and desk tops. I do know that on the 2012 Mac Mini it gets rid of almost all signal.

Anker® Bluetooth Ultra-Slim (4mm) Aluminum Keyboard for iOS (iPad Air 2 / Air, iPad mini 3 / mini 2 / mini, iPad 4 / 3 / 2), Windows and Android 3.0 and above OS with Built-in lithium battery / Aluminum Body T320
Offered by AnkerDirect

2.0 out of 5 stars Mac Users Read, Trouble Waking From Sleep Mode., 20 Jun. 2015
I bought this to be a good wireless keyboard for my 2012 Mac Mini which I use as a media centre and sometimes to do some graphic design. I looked everywhere for a wireless keyboard that has the correct Mac layout and came across this one.

After some use I've come across one BIG flaw. Connecting it via bluetooth is fine and the keyboard works well. The signal isn't fantastic to get across my living room but if you were using it as a desktop keyboard then that would be fine. The flaw is that when the keyboard goes into sleep mode, it does not wake up.

From what I've read in the instructions, on Ankers website and elsewhere, you cannot turn this sleep mode off so the keyboard is constantly on. The instructions say to press a key and wait 3 seconds, but once I've done that I get nothing. In order to start using it again I need to physically click the switch OFF then ON and wait a few seconds for it to reconnect. Baring in mind that the sleep mode activates anywhere between 10 - 15 minutes of non use.

On a normal days use I have to turn it back on upwards of 15 times. If it just stayed on and I didn't have to keep turning it on, it would have been fine.

This is all on a 2012 Mac Mini. I haven't tested it with a Windows computer so only take my rating based on it's use with OS X.

ORICO BTA-402 USB Bluetooth 4.0 Low Energy Micro Adapter Bluetooth USB Dongle With CSR8510 Controller and CSR Harmony for Windows XP Vista 2003 2008 7 and 8 32 or 64 Bit(Classic Bluetooth Compatible) - Black
Offered by EASYLINK

2.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't Reach As Far As Advertised, 17 Jun. 2015
This only gets a 2 star from me because the information on the product description is wrong. It states it can get up to 10 meters, and up to 20 with no interference or obstruction.

"Provides transmission rate up to 3Mbps and transmission distance up to 10 meters(In free space without interference)"
"The theoretical transfer rates is up to 3 Mbps with the working distance upto 20 meters in open space. "

I found that it hardly got past 1 meter without it dropping connection like a rock. I bought this because I needed something with a stronger signal to reach across my living room. Switching back to my inbuilt one offers more than 3 times the range of this product. This dongle was tested in the back of my machine, then on a clear desk using a USB hub with no obstruction or interference.

On this flip side, I have no doubt this item would be fantastic if it was only being used with a laptop or desktop. Some place where you don't need distance as the connection was consistent and good. I didn't see any input lag from the mouse or the keyboard I was testing, so while good for short range it's terrible at long range, which is the reason I bought this based on the information the product page has.

Komputerbay MACMEMORY 16GB (2x 8GB) PC3-12800 1600MHz SODIMM 204-Pin Laptop Memory 10-10-10-27 for Apple Mac
Offered by KOMPBAY

5.0 out of 5 stars Top Ram, Good Price, 23 Mar. 2015
Really good ram, I've installed it in my late 2012 Mac Mini and haven't come across any problems. It's sped up the speed of my machine quite a bit and allows me to multi-task with more applications.

Chimney Balloon Kit (Medium) for Chimneys up to 24"x12"/60cmx30cm + FREE TUBE
Chimney Balloon Kit (Medium) for Chimneys up to 24"x12"/60cmx30cm + FREE TUBE
Offered by Plumbing Supermarket

4.0 out of 5 stars Great to have in the winter months., 7 Mar. 2015
We've got an open chimney, however we're not allowed to use the fireplace because of then tenancy agreement. Weird I know, so in the winter months it would get very cold with all the air coming down the chimney. So we bought this in an attempt to stop that. It worked, very well. It's a bit awkward to do on your own depending on your chimney, but once it's inflated and in place it stops 90%-95% of the draft. It's fairly sturdy too as pigeons land on our chimney and knock bits down it. It didn't burst. Certainly worth trying!

500mm x 50M Large Bubble Wrap
500mm x 50M Large Bubble Wrap
Offered by Packaging.Products.Direct

3.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't burst your bubble...wrap., 7 Mar. 2015
This review is from: 500mm x 50M Large Bubble Wrap
Good price for the size, arrived quickly and was in great condition. Got a lot of stuff wrapped with this.

[Apple Certified ] EasyAcc® MFi 2500mAh iPhone 5 5s battery charging case, Rechargeable extended protective Battery Case for iPhone 5 5s,Original Lightning Charging Plug, 2 differently colored attachable frames,Black [12-month Warranty]
Offered by EasyAcc.U Store

1.0 out of 5 stars Cuts Off All Signal, Such A Shame., 7 Mar. 2015
Length:: 1:47 Mins

Since filming this review the company have reached out to me assuring me that this case undergoes tests that do include signal and that this should not be happening. By this time I had already sent my case back for a full refund, despite this the company said they would send me another case at no charge to make up for the inconvenience. I have received the new case and alas I have the exact same problem as seen in my video. So perhaps my phone is the issue? I don't know as I've recently had a new iPhone from Apple when my power button stopped working. So it might be my phone.

Despite all that, my verdict hasn't changed, I have to say that the customer service was excellent. I was promptly contacted and the person who was communicating with me wanted to do everything in his/her power to make sure I was satisfied. Which I find to be rather rare now'a'days. Who knows, if you buy it and it works, fantastic. If not, the customer service is so good that they will certainly try to help.

---------------------
ORIGINAL REVIEW BELOW
---------------------

This looks like a good case. However it has 1 massive flaw. It cuts off all of your signal. Phone, 3G, and drastically reduces the range of your WIFI.

I have an iPhone 5. I know there are issues with the antenna, but even holding over the antenna points it doesn't cut off all signal. Perhaps this isn't an issue with iPhone 5s or 5c but it certainly is a huge issue with iPhone 5.

In my video I tested it with the case off, but I've tested it with the case on and off and the results are the same. So disappointed as I've put a lot of research in to find a decent battery case as there are a lot of dangerous and bad ones out there.

If you have an iPhone 5 I wouldn't buy it.

I was swayed by all the positive reviews on the main page from users that are 'Top 1000' and 'Vine' so I thought it must be OK, plus all the other reviews. Be careful. I'm sending mine back for a full refund.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 10, 2015 9:03 AM GMT

pjp electronics - 10 x black Stylus Pen for Nintendo NDS Lite, ds lite stylus pen touch pen
Offered by PJP ELECTRONICS

5.0 out of 5 stars 10 Stylus pens for £1.95 - Bargain!, 15 Dec. 2011
Length:: 1:05 Mins

10 Stylus pens for £1.95 is a great deal, they work exactly the same as the more expensive licensed versions.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 3, 2012 7:35 PM GMT

Fenchurch Gents Canvas Strap Watch with Black Dial
Fenchurch Gents Canvas Strap Watch with Black Dial

3.0 out of 5 stars Well made watch, a little uncomfortable for me., 7 Dec. 2011
Length:: 3:29 Mins

This is a very well made watch, it feels solid, nicely crafted and stylish. Unfortunately though it does suffer from being a bit uncomfortable. I feel that the strap is rather difficult to manipulate, which affects putting on the watch as well as wearing it, depending how you like to wear watches. It's not too bad but you might want to research some alternatives or be really sure you want it before buying. Also the watch I received keeps losing time after about a day or so, so it's most likely in need of a battery change which is rather annoying of a new watch.
Who knows, maybe most of my complaints are down to me having boney wrists. Hopefully this review will help you make a more informed decision.
Comment Comment | Permalink