Profile for Janet Thornton > Reviews

Content by Janet Thornton

Janet Thornton

Page: 1 | 2
The English Lesson (The Greek Village Collection Book 11)
The English Lesson (The Greek Village Collection Book 11)

5.0 out of 5 stars A really good read, 1 May 2015
I sat and read this book in one sitting, curled up with a glass of wine. It didn't disappoint....I just wish it had been longer! Yet again Sarah transported me back to the Greece I have visited and loved.

The Reluctant Baker (The Greek Village Collection Book 10)
The Reluctant Baker (The Greek Village Collection Book 10)

5.0 out of 5 stars Another winner, 3 April 2015
Having read the whole series I can't wait for the next one. This book took me from memories of a rainy Yorkshire to being able to feel the sun on my skin in a blustery Oxfordshire as I read about Saros. I really enjoy the descriptions of the Island and the familiar people. If you dream of escaping somewhere hot, this is the book for you!

'No Plan B, Malcolm!'
'No Plan B, Malcolm!'

5.0 out of 5 stars a laugh on each page., 22 Mar. 2015
A belly laugh on every page! Fast moving and intelligently written. Victor was my favourite character quickly followed by the insane south African ex policeman! I recommend this wholeheartedly....99p well spent!

Watching the Wind Blow (The Greek Village Collection Book 9)
Watching the Wind Blow (The Greek Village Collection Book 9)

5.0 out of 5 stars A great read., 7 Feb. 2015
I have read all the books in this series. This one is just as good as the others. A compelling read.

Which Mac Should I Buy?
Which Mac Should I Buy?

5.0 out of 5 stars Clear info!, 9 Nov. 2014
As a technophobe I read this expecting not to understand it....but I did! Off to get my son his Christmas present .......

Hearty Soups: A Collection of Homemade Soups
Hearty Soups: A Collection of Homemade Soups

3.0 out of 5 stars Some changes needed!, 23 Sept. 2014
I have made several of the recipes and in general I have replaced the cream with milk or even half milk half water as these recipes are very rich. I've also tended to halve the cheese content. This hasn't been to the detriment of the taste at all. I'd recommend par boiling the broccoli before adding it.

Last Train to Istanbul: A Novel
Last Train to Istanbul: A Novel

5.0 out of 5 stars A great read, 30 Aug. 2014
I took this book on holiday to Turkey. It was informative as well as being a really good read. It instigated several conversations with friendly locals. As we celebrated independence day whilst there it meant we learned more about Ataturk. I'd recommend this book as a good read. The story doesn't flag at any stage and the sense of urgency and fear of the characters on the train is well conveyed. I'll be looking for more by this author.

The Villa in Italy
The Villa in Italy

3.0 out of 5 stars Evocative of past times, 11 Aug. 2014
I found the first half of the book very heavy going....it didn't move quickly enough for me. However the second half kept me up all night so I could finish it! I will read another by this author but leave it a while before doing so.

A Handful of Pebbles (The Greek Village Collection Book 7)
A Handful of Pebbles (The Greek Village Collection Book 7)

5.0 out of 5 stars Another belting read!, 10 July 2014
I was so pleased to find the next book in this wonderful series. The only down side is that I have finished it! If you are looking for a good holiday read and you have never read this series of books, load up your kindle and have a
fantastic summer break!

Dancing in the Fountain: How to Enjoy Living Abroad
Dancing in the Fountain: How to Enjoy Living Abroad

1.0 out of 5 stars A bit of a slog!, 5 July 2014
I found this book quite a slog to finish. It was most interesting in the last few chapters about visitors. I'm afraid I wouldn't recommend this book to anyone I know....I've read far better books on living abroad.I feel the author wasn't quite sure who she was writing for. As a consequence it didn't bring me any satisfaction other than relief to have finished it.

Page: 1 | 2