Profile for S. Byers > Reviews

S. Byers (UK)

Hush
Hush
Dvd

3.0 out of 5 stars OK film but camera work really frustrating and spoilt the film for m, 29 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Hush (Amazon Video)
This would have been more watchable if the camera work had been better. It was ALL OVER THE PLACE. I know sometimes this is done deliberately to assist with the mood of the moment, but all the way through? I couldn't focus on a face, expression, a person, a view, a point that was supposed to be important, because the image was constantly moving and jerking. I got fed up with it in the end, fast forwarded and gave up.

Wanderlust
Wanderlust
Dvd

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good except for just one part, 15 May 2014
This review is from: Wanderlust (Amazon Video)
I really enjoyed this. It got me smiling, laughing, good to escape reality for a while. Loved the actors. BUT, why oh why did they have to add the part where Paul Rudd is talking to himself in the mirror which was vulgar, not funny and did nothing to enhance the film? It just went on, he didn't stop, and it was so unnecessary for a likeable character. I accept some swearing and crudeness in all films these days, but what was the point of this? Yes, perhaps say a couple of things to build up the confidence he was needing to make the next move, but it just went on and on and on - it tainted the whole tone of a very pleasant film. The Director/Producer should have seen this surely? I'm recommending friends watch the film but feel I have to suggest that they fast-forward past this part if they want to continue enjoying the humour and good feelings the film produces.

Defenders Animal Trap Cage - Small
Defenders Animal Trap Cage - Small

2.0 out of 5 stars Too dangerous for feral kittens/cats, 16 Dec. 2013
We are a cat rescue group and thought this would be ideal for trapping a single 5-8wk old kitten (there's always one that won't be caught!). However, although the size is just about right (4" longer would be perfect to allow for the tail) the door comes down with such force that it would break the back of a kitten half way into the trap (hence why only safe for trapping a lone kitten in case another is half way in when the pressure plate is triggered by one inside) or if a kitten is inside and the mother cat is poking her head inside it could break her neck or at least cause severe damage. It comes down as quickly as a non-humane mouse trap so be wary if you are wanting to trap an animal humanely. We are going to see if we can alter the spring somehow, otherwise we can't use it, well made though it is.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 9, 2014 12:39 PM GMT

Relaxation & Meditation With Music and Nature: Awakenings
Relaxation & Meditation With Music and Nature: Awakenings
Offered by all my music

5.0 out of 5 stars The best background music I have found, 3 July 2013
This is a wonderfully relaxing CD. I use it when I want to lose myself in my art as there are no words, no sudden change to loud music or faster pace. You could actually be there, in a forest, alone and at one with nature. I can imagine it is also good to go to sleep to. I wish there were many more like this.