Profile for Kasper Adolph > Reviews

Content by Kasper Adolph

Kasper Adolph (Copenhagen, Denmark)

The Mountain Men's Three Wolf Moon Short Sleeve Tee,Black,Medium [Apparel]
The Mountain Men's Three Wolf Moon Short Sleeve Tee,Black,Medium [Apparel]
Offered by Find Something Different

5.0 out of 5 stars A recipe for winning, 17 May 2013
The amount of compliments and positive comments that I get when wearing this magnificent t-shirt are beyond comprehension. And I keep winning at everything when the fabric of this marvel is resting upon my chest. Board games, lotteries, car races and political debates are just a few of the battles that I emerge victorious from and I don't even have a driver's license or an opinion on politics.
All in all this has been one of the best purchases that I have ever done.

Level Up!: The Guide to Great Video Game Design
Level Up!: The Guide to Great Video Game Design
by Scott Rogers

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book for the aspiring game designer, 17 May 2013
I purchased this book because I want to be a game designer myself and it looked interesting. Furthermore Scott Rogers has been involved with the development of some of my favourite games so the purchase of this book seemed like a no-brainer.

The book is well written and it is riddled with humour and fun quotes which makes it an entertaining read. The numerous drawings serve to make the points presented even clearer and the "Level XX's universal truths and clever ideas" section at the end of each chapter (level) is a nice touch that sums up each chapter fairly well.

While the book in general is well thought out (e.g. the order of the chapters makes perfect sense in a learning and development point of view) the layout could use some work. Often the drawings are on separate pages from their accompanying text and the same goes for the titles/headlines for some sections of the chapters - often only one or two lines and on some occasions zero lines of text are present beneath a title and the text begins on the next page. But these are only minor gripes and the book as a whole is excellent. If the layout is fixed in a future version I'll definitely give it five stars.