Profile for mark > Reviews

mark

Orbitsound T9 Soundbar - Black
Orbitsound T9 Soundbar - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely impressed, 7 Oct. 2012
Looked for a soundbar to improve the awful sound on my flatscreen telly. Standard problems of not being able to hear the spoken, or often mumbled speach in films.

Read the revues on here, & other forums, where the majority of people suggested the Yamaha was the best unit to buy.
The Yamaha does not easily accept input from my ipod, which is where i have most of my music stored. (a big failing for the Yamaha in my opinion)

Further research led me to the Orbit T9 Soundbar, all the available revues I could find, said nothing but good stuff about it, so after much deliberation, I took the plunge & ordered it.

I have to say, it took all of 10 mins to get it working. All the leads are included, the instructions were so simple & clear to read, I cannot fault them.

Sounds from my television from speach to music are vastly improved but the really big improvement is in music from my ipod.
Only on the highest setting, does the bass become distorted, but by then the neighbours will be wide awake anyway.

Only thing I did find, was that following the manufacturers instructions, I plugged the optical cable into the television, as they said it will get the sound to sync better to the visuals.
In actuall fact, it was the opposite, & to get the best result, I plugged it directly into the Sky box.
a small matter, but may save you 5 mins?

All in all, for under £200, I think you will struggle to find a better soundbar system ?
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 5, 2013 10:32 AM BST

Griffin Survivor Military Tested Case for iPhone 4/4S - Black
Griffin Survivor Military Tested Case for iPhone 4/4S - Black
Offered by eoutlet-uk

5.0 out of 5 stars iphone case, 11 Jun. 2012
Excellent product. iphones are notoriously delicate & expensive to repair once dropped, so the prospect of having to use one as an engineer was a concern.
Apple have omitted to provide any sort of decent protection, so I chose this as suggested by a workmate.
Easy to fit & very tough, whilst leaving the phone easy to use.
Of course, once I fitted it, I have failed to drop the phone once :-)