Profile for Mr. G. Kania > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Philips OR2200M/10 DAB+ Original Mini Radio
Philips OR2200M/10 DAB+ Original Mini Radio

5.0 out of 5 stars Retro looks up to date works, 19 Jan. 2014
i bought this radio after a convoluted journey. Initially I wanted a radio controlled clock for the bedroom which displayed the time clearly at night without my having to touch it. I wanted it radio controlled so I didn't have to bother adjusting.
This DAB does the job, clearly but discretely displaying the time, and , being a DAB IS radio controlled.
However, it is an excellent radio.
* the sound is very rich, not tinny at all, like some. I think that comes from the generous casing
* it's simply designed, no extraneous buttons, and easy to wipe clean as top is largely flat - with controls flush with the surface
* however, it's up to date with two alarms, options to set the alarm at different times for differnt days, to come on with, say, the radio on a specific station or 'the last station tuned'
* it also has an audio in, so it's possible if you so wish to play from another device -mp3, phone etc

It's so nice I'm loathe to leave it in my bedroom.

ASUS K52F 15.6" LAPTOP SCREEN
ASUS K52F 15.6" LAPTOP SCREEN
Offered by Accupart Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 25 Feb. 2013
A Platinum starred seller. Absolutely first class service and value. I could not be happier. the replacement laptop screen arrived at breakneck speed, well packaged, excellent price.
I was sceptical that I wouuld really be able to get something that did the job and replaced the dud screen on my laptop and was half resigned to writing this off to experience. But no, the screen works. My laptop is saved. I had to go onto the internet (which I did when researching what I could buy) to find instructions on installation. I see that whilst the actual position of the plug on the back can vary with some models, this came with the plug in the same position as my original, but if it hadn't the cable is movable and so would probably have worked even if the plug had been in a different location.
Only one difficulty - you have to have deft fingers to manage the screws - they are mmuch more difficult to get back in than to take out. Also, take care, some of the screws are slightly different sizes for different holes.

Squirrel Seeks Chipmunk: A Wicked Bestiary
Squirrel Seeks Chipmunk: A Wicked Bestiary
by David Sedaris

5.0 out of 5 stars a quick read, 21 Nov. 2012
I normally chew over my books ponderously. This was a very light quick and funny read. A great comic voice

LE 10W LED Bulbs, Equal to Brightnest 60W Incandescent Bulb, Samsung LED, 810lm, Warm White
Offered by Neon Mart

3.0 out of 5 stars LED are not quite a complete replacement yet, 21 Nov. 2012
Fine they are much more preferable than the compact fluorescants as they come on instantly. I have now bought about 6 lightbulbs. However there are subtle issues which one needs to be aware of. Given the price one can make a bit of a mistake. The things to look out for, in my experience so far are :
1. is the dimension in both height and width what you require
2. is the brightness exactly what you require - try and compare the lumens with what you're expecting rather than the mere wattage equivalent
3. if possible what is the arc of light that is thrown
4. what is the weight of the bulb.
On this particular bulb in question, for me, 3 and 4 were issues. It throws an unsatisfactory and too focussed light on some ceiling lights where the bulb is put in sideways not hanging down. It won't work in my anglepoise because it's too heavy.

Long Life Lamp Company B22 10 Watt LED Light Bulb 830 Lumens Very Bright Equivalent to 75 Watt Incandescent Replacement, Warm White

3.0 out of 5 stars too big, 21 Nov. 2012
I didn't read the description of this product well. I just thought that it was a standard bayonet light bulb that would replace a normal one. However the bulb itself is much bigger than a standard one, more globe like, so it didn't fit into the shade. An expensive mistake on my part

Jerusalem: City of two Peaces - Heavenly Peace and Earthly Peace (La Ville des deux Paix: La Paix celeste et la Paix terrestre)

3.0 out of 5 stars Overpriced with unneccessary book, 21 Nov. 2012
I'm a great fan of Jori Savall, and am increasing my collection of his oeuvre. However, this one did not quite tick my boxes. In light of haviing bought his istanbul and the sublime gate just recently, this was effectively a disappointment. I found the accompanying weighty book quite unneccesary, it being a cse of the music speaks for itself

Rockport Men's City Trails 2 Stripe W Lace Up
Rockport Men's City Trails 2 Stripe W Lace Up

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfy casual walking shoes, 7 Oct. 2012
This is the first time ever I've bought shoes on line due to the risks of not being sure what they're like. Admittedly I'd seen a similar shoe in a shop by Rockport which was not in my size. I decided to buy from trusty old amazon feeling more confident on how to return, and on suppliers' responsiveness to customers' issues.
What a wonderful surprise. They arrived by normal delivery 2 days after my placing the order. They fitted perfectly. They are just so comfortable. This has opened my eyes to buying shoes more often online.
The sizes available go up from on the half mark, so 7.5 and 8.5. I'm roughly an 8, so went for the 8.5. It's perfect. I have slightly wide feet and again, just perfect.

Lighting EVER B22 7 Watt A60 LED Energy Efficient Bulb, Warm White
Lighting EVER B22 7 Watt A60 LED Energy Efficient Bulb, Warm White

5.0 out of 5 stars great product, 3 Oct. 2012
I am so pleased that at last lighting technology is bring us a practical and useful alternative to the incandescent bulb. I've been tolorating the tungstans for many years, and I can see now some alternatives. I am looking forward to replacing ultimately all bulbs in the house with LEDs as they become available. I have just bought 5 bulbs like this 3 from this supplier and 2 from another. The 1st two gave less lumens and were 50w equvalent. These are 60w and all are great. Good quality of light. This particular bulb is quite heavy and may not be acceptable in some anglepoise-like lamp - my anglepoise has a screw fitting, so I will buy with care. Note that these bulbs, rather like the tungsten seem to have more of a base than the incandesent bulbs : I also want to buy some E27 golf ball 40w equiv. bulbs for uplighters, but I am limited by bulb height. My bulbs are 76cm and the ones around at the moment may be too high at 96 or more cm.
I also want to buy dimmable 12w bulbs for the kitchen and bathroom. They are not available yet, apparently.

Brother MFC7360N Mono Laser Multifunction Print/Copy/Scan/Fax
Brother MFC7360N Mono Laser Multifunction Print/Copy/Scan/Fax

4.0 out of 5 stars Good printer, 9 July 2012
I had an earlier version of this printer for several years and it served me well. The older version just wouldn't work as a shared printer between my host PC running windows xp and a windows 64 bit laptop. Not a fault of the printer, more due to windows 7 and XP not wanting to talk together over workgroups. Given the very reasonable cost of this printer, I decided to go for a more modern version that would run as a 'properly' networked printer rather than waste any more time on a losing battle. The new printer works fine over the network. Much better to be wired into the network than have it wireless. Quality & speed is great. I expect running costs to be equally good as with the older printer (which I've given away).
The sheet feeder works very well and makes scanning & copying much more straightforard. Good that you can scan direct to email on the PC of your choice (up to 5 without buying extra licences but that's fine for home). I don't really need the fax at all, that's just superfluous - who sends faxes these days anyway.
The only minus, and a word of caution for those considering commercial use is the output 'slot' will have a tendency to get jammed if you send more than about 10 sheets at once, that's despite it saying it handles 100 sheets.

Ant Station MAXFORCE LN PROFESIONAL x 1
Ant Station MAXFORCE LN PROFESIONAL x 1
Offered by Trade Supplies-UK

3.0 out of 5 stars does the job, 2 Jun. 2012
nothing wrong with it, however, i somehow assumed it came in packs of two - as I have found when i've bought elsewhere. So somewhat expensive here.

Page: 1 | 2