Profile for M. V. Taylor > Reviews

Content by M. V. Taylor

M. V. Taylor (Kent, United Kingdom)

Rotary GS02402/03 Gents Gold PVD Stainless Steel Watch with Black Leather Strap
Rotary GS02402/03 Gents Gold PVD Stainless Steel Watch with Black Leather Strap
Price: 119.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Immediate Attraction, 19 Mar 2013
I was having problems with my 27 year old Seiko, and always liked the look of the rotary range.
I still occasionaly use my fathers 47 year old automatic Rotary, and it still works perfectly
I was attracted to the lovely shape and design of this watch, and am very pleased with it.
A big discount from original price, but can bought even cheaper then from Amazon if you shop around.
However, cannot complain about service from Amazon, as I received the watch the next day.
I would not hesitate to recommend this item to anyone who wants a smart, beautifully designed watch
at a bargain price.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great phone!, 15 Feb 2013
As a basic phone, this is a great product. Use with ipod touch. Much cheaper than an iphone!
Very pleased with this purchase.

Canon DCC-1600 Soft Leather Case for the PowerShot G12
Canon DCC-1600 Soft Leather Case for the PowerShot G12
Price: 37.14

5.0 out of 5 stars The way to go, 19 Oct 2012
I have a forty year old Olympus SP and two thirty plus year old Pentax film SLR's, in mint condition, and still in their original ER (Ever-ready) cases.These cases were supplied as an optional extra, about five pounds if I remember rightly, with just about every 35mm camera made at that time.
This case for the Canon G12, is in the same mould, and should protect the camera well for many years.In answer to a few criticisms about the front flap coming away from its stud, I feel that I should point out that,back in the day, the most popular way to use these cases was,when out shooting,to leave the front part of the case at home,or in the hotel room, or the wife's handbag,replacing it when finished shooting.No chance of losing it that way,and a more convenient way of use.
This case fits the camera well,although not quite flush with the right hand side,but this was probably unavoidable due to the shape of the camera.
I would thoroughly recommend this case. It is a little pricey,but good protection for the G12,which I believe will be remembered as the classic of all the Powershot G models,inspite of any future updates.
I did notice that a similar case for the new G15 is selling at 99.99! I can't see many buyers at that price!

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars Overpriced, 30 Nov 2011
I bought this item at the same time as my Kindle.
I only wish that I had waited to see what other cases were available.
This does the job of protecting the kindle when not in use, but is terribly over priced!
I have since bought a much better case for a fraction of the cost of this one. I really should have returned this, but couldn't face the hassle.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 26, 2011 3:20 PM GMT

Kindle, 6" E Ink Display, Wi-Fi, Graphite
Kindle, 6" E Ink Display, Wi-Fi, Graphite

5.0 out of 5 stars Forced Purchase, 30 Nov 2011
Having had my keyboard wireless Kindle stolen at a Spanish Airport on 29th October, I found that I couldn't replace it as that model was discontinued.
I didn't want the 3G model, so was somewhat forced to buy the cheaper, newer model.
I have to admit that I love this kindle.It is so much lighter than the keyboard model, and therefore much easier to handle. I don't miss the keyboard at all, and find the new system easy to use.I am sure this will be a big seller, and I will not be tempted by the rumoured touch screen model due next year.

Amazon Kindle Keyboard Leather Cover, Black (will only fit Kindle Keyboard)
Amazon Kindle Keyboard Leather Cover, Black (will only fit Kindle Keyboard)
Price: 7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A little marvel, 22 May 2011
Having read all thee good things about the Kindle< I was not disappointed with the product. It is really good. Even downloaded a book from my holiday hotel in Spain!
I recommend anyone who loves reading to buy one. You won't be disappointed.

Canon PowerShot S90 Digital Camera (10 Megapixel, 3.8 Optical Zoom) 3.0  inch LCD
Canon PowerShot S90 Digital Camera (10 Megapixel, 3.8 Optical Zoom) 3.0 inch LCD

5.0 out of 5 stars Improves with practise!, 5 Aug 2010
Have had this camera for just over a week.Upgrading from Ixus 90IS, which is a very good camera.This one is better, with great image quality, but needs practise.Had read about the loose wheel on the back, but thought I could handle it. Wrong! In P mode it is so easy to go from AutoISO to 3200 with one little touch! Did this to my cost on important shoot.Now use Aperture priority mode with front ring set to zoom or Exp comp. This leaves the rear wheel giving aperture control, which somehow gives a firmer feel to the ring. Also, less damage can be done. It is a shame the wheel cannot be disengaged, except in Auto mode. But then nothing can be altered at all, and the camera has a tendency to shoot up ISO values like mad - even with flash. Which brings me to another tip - When engaging flash (hopefully not often) set ISO manually to 100 or 200 - or the camera will use a very high ISO, resulting in over exposure.
I also recommend decreasing screen brightness by a notch - and power off in 20 seconds to help what is a thirsty battery. Canon's NB5L battery would have been a better bet for this camera. I have already recharged four times, but that is probaby down to a great deal of play.
However, when set right, the images are great, and Canon have at least succeeded in producing a compact giving near DSLR quality - which was their intention in the first place. Because of this, I still award five stars in spite of the foibles. If you want great compact image quality, then buy it. You won't be disappointed.

Panasonic Mini HDMI Cable - 1.5m - Black
Panasonic Mini HDMI Cable - 1.5m - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Valur for money, 18 Nov 2009
I suppose it's not easy to get over-excited about a HDMI cable, but this one from Panasonic is ideal for any HD Camcorder to show superb videos on a flat-screen TV.
But what is exciting is the price! Compared to about sixty pounds from Panasonic, this identical lead from Amazon costs around seventeen pounds. Brilliant! If you need one, buy it!

Canon Digital IXUS 90 IS Compact Camera - Silver (10 MP, 3x Optical Zoom) 3.0'' High Resolution PureColor LCD II

5.0 out of 5 stars A real Gem of a camera, 5 Aug 2008
Last year I bought a Canon ixus 70 for my wife.She has hardly used it as I fell in love with it and disbanded my Pentax Optio. As this was rather unfair on her,I decided I had better buy one for myself.The ixus 90IS fills the bill perfectly. It is beautifully made,has a nice substantial weight,and sports a beautiful three inch screen.Both still and movie results are great,battery life is excellent,and it even has a trimming tool so that you can crop in camera.I believe it is the first of the range to have this feature.If you don't mind the lack of aperture and shutter priority modes, which I don't think are really neessary on digital compacts,then I can thououghly recommend this camera.I added a Sandisk SHDC 4gb memory card and a Canon DCC Case - both bargains from Amazon. So, my wife now has her camera back, and I am a very happy man!