Profile for newcy b > Reviews

Content by newcy b

newcy b "newcy" (Oxford, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Carpet tiles home and office blue EVA 64 sq ft
Carpet tiles home and office blue EVA 64 sq ft
Offered by Far East Direct Ltd

3.0 out of 5 stars Carpet tiles, 20 Aug. 2015
The tiles are of a good thickness and not too difficult to fit - although husband fitted them so I may be glossing over here! We put them in the conservatory (gym space) and so far (a few months) they seem quite hard-wearing and have not faded or discoloured. They are, however, a severely tenacious magnet for the most minute specks of dust and fluff - accumulating all vacuumable detritus and firmly holding onto it ... the tiles are not at all easy to vacuum.

Apusskidu: Songs for Children
Apusskidu: Songs for Children
by Beatrice Harrop
Edition: Spiral-bound

5.0 out of 5 stars Old School Classic!, 20 Aug. 2015
Was looking for this for quite a while ... it's been great to share some of the songs I remember from early school days with my children, and my younger son already knew some of the more unusual ones because he has learned them at nursery. We ordered this after also ordering Okki-tonga-unga for the same reasons ... which is equally popular with our kids.

Walplus 200x86 cm Wall Stickers "Le Secret" Door Removable Self-Adhesive Mural Art Decals Vinyl Home Decoration DIY Living Bedroom Décor Wallpaper Kids Room Gift

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay image quality, paper is very thin and there is no glue., 20 Aug. 2015
It would be useful if it mentions what sort of glue you need to paste this. There is no glue included with the parcel although the description says there is. The supplier's page has a 'phone number that goes through to an answerphone but I didn't get any reply to my message asking what sort of adhesive to use. The paper is very thin, so I have ordered standard wallpaper paste and am going to try my luck cautiously .... Amazon, please could you consult with the provider and improve the product description so customers know they need to order adhesive with this, and what sort is needed. Image itself is of fair quality - it looks better in the photo than in reality but is okay.

Catherine Lansfield Signature Border Patchwork Faux Silk Boudoir Cushion Cover, Plum, 30 x 50 Cm

4.0 out of 5 stars Very nice looking cushion cover, 5 Dec. 2013
This looks really lovely and I bought it as a gift, but I had misunderstood the term 'filled' and thought it was coming with a cushion. It's just the cover though. I couldn't find a cushion on Amazon that fitted it after it arrived and I realised my mistake so have had to give it without a cushion inside. It could be helpful to change the description maybe to make it more clear for those of us who are less textiles-savvy that 'filled' relates - I'm guessing - to the patchwork design, and adding the word 'cover' after 'cushion'.

Learning Resources Toaster
Learning Resources Toaster

5.0 out of 5 stars Toaster, 31 July 2013
This review is from: Learning Resources Toaster (Toy)
I wasn't sure how good the quality of this would be given the lower price than most other brands of toy toasters. However, the kids' existing toy toaster had broken, and had been inexpensive, so I was looking for another that did the job without breaking the bank.

It is larger than it appeared in the picture (it looked small when I ordered it, but it is the same scale as most preschool toy toasters/kettles etc) and looks and feels pretty robust. The toast is not popped with as much volume and gusto as some models, but as a parent that is preferable - less noise, and much less time searching for lost toast that has been jet-propelled down the back of the furthest sofa for the nth time.

My sister visited and noted it was the same as at her local nursery which had held up well to a number of children playing with it for some while so far, and is a popular toy - which speaks very well for it.

Silicone Worx Silicone Worx 6 Cup Dinosaur Cake Mould, Red
Silicone Worx Silicone Worx 6 Cup Dinosaur Cake Mould, Red

4.0 out of 5 stars Dinosaur cup cake mould, 31 July 2013
This was great. I was unsure how well it would 'hold form' for the cakes, and whether bits such as the tails would get stuck in the moulds after baking so greased the moulds more carefully (including around the top edges of the moulds) and generously than usual before baking, and warmed slightly in the oven before putting the cake mix in to be sure the butter went into all the fiddly bits more easily.

The result was great - six decently sized 3D dinosaurs each about 6 inches long. Although the moulds only allow for one side of the dinosaurs, you can presumably add less cake mix then join the halves together to make three, but I found that the cakes had risen fairly neatly to form the other halves of each dinosaur, albeit minus the finer details on one side. Tyrannosaur did need some careful positioning to stop him nosediving, and icing was tricky (I made the icing much more runny and drenched them with it on a plate, before positioning them on my son's birthday cake later). He was very impressed with them.

I did try them as jelly moulds and found that that did not work, as the jelly did not set properly in the smaller details of the moulds, and they did not turn out smoothly - but then it does not say it is a jelly mould. Overall, I'll definitely be using this again, and recommending it to friends and family.

Tots Bots Flushable Liners (100 Sheets Per Roll)
Tots Bots Flushable Liners (100 Sheets Per Roll)

1.0 out of 5 stars High price for insufficient item., 3 July 2013
Bought these as an add-on item with a Prime trial, as we were getting very low on our liners supply and needed something to tide us over for a couple of days. We usually use a different product by a lower profile brand that goes with their own nappies, and is similarly priced to the add-on cost for the Tots Bots liners.
I was very disappointed when the Tots Bots liners arrived, and very relieved when my usual product - ordered the same day - arrived a day later.

The Tots Bots liners are very thin both in terms of area and thickness - they are too short and narrow to provide decent coverage in a nappy and we had to use two to adequately provide for wet and soiling incidents.

After a day of using them, we were pleased to give up on them - there was no one-way moisture feature so that when wet the liners semi-disintegrated and were sodden - even light wetting rendered them like soggy tissues. It meant each time my child wet the liners at all, he pulled his nappy off because of the damp discomfort - which resulted in a few puddles on the floor as he didn't always finish before removing the nappy. The failure of the liners to keep damp away from the skin also meant that my son had some nappy rash by the end of the day.

Luckily we only bought the liners as an add-on item as they are definitely not worth the full price, and we have had to stick most of the roll into the recycling bin. Perhaps they only work efficiently with same brand nappies, but we certainly won't be buying them again, because of the poor performance.

Webkinz Grey Langur Monkey Plush Toy with Sealed Adoption Code
Webkinz Grey Langur Monkey Plush Toy with Sealed Adoption Code
Offered by Dragon Toys UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely cuddly toy, 9 Mar. 2012
Bought for a baby, so we have not tried the website access, but it is a really cuddly creature, and very much loved. The quality of it is very high, with no loose plush or features. Our youngest is monkey mad and absolutely adores this monkey! The seated pose of it is also a bit different to many of the soft monkey toys you see in the shops, and adds the bonus of meaning it can be perched on shelves effectively at tidying time.

Philips AVENT SCF142/00 Trainer Handles - Fits All Classic Avent Bottles only (Colours may vary)
Offered by ML ITC DIRECT

4.0 out of 5 stars Great to give your baby feeding independence, 9 Mar. 2012
My husband's about to start paternity leave for a few weeks, and our younger son will have to go over to mostly bottle feeding. As he likes to hold his own cup of water, and help with holding his spoon, these have proved perfect for making bottle time less stressful, and encouraging him to take formula more contentedly.The handles are easy to hold, and we luckily received two green ones so there's no concern over the colour of them in our household. The only thing I would say is that they do make it a little bit easier for inquisitive fingers to unscrew the bottle top, as they offer a small amount of friction to turn the top against - our 5 month old didn't take long to work this out! Aside from that, they're easy to grip, very durable, and even fit in the Avent bottle bag alongside another bottle without handles on. Above all, they allow the baby to hold the cup and feed themselves which gives them a greater sense of independence and takes away the 'I want to hold it myself' battles, and some of the 'oh no, I've dropped it' frustrations we have experienced without the handles!

Plastic Sledge
Plastic Sledge
Offered by net_price_direct

2.0 out of 5 stars Steers well, not at all durable., 21 Feb. 2012
This review is from: Plastic Sledge (Toy)
We took the sledge on the school run in three to four inches of snow. It was a smooth ride: we didn't notice any bumps, and we lifted it when crossing the road (obviously), and also carried it over patches where the snow was thin. Unfortunately, by the time we had got to school (most of the route is a concrete footpath/cycle track and it was pretty well covered with the white stuff), the bottom of the sledge had worn through -particularly at the back, and was letting the snow in. This was a fifteen minute walk, going carefully to avoid any damage to the sledge, and only carrying three stone of small child. I would have expected more hardiness from this product, and while it is quite cheap, it is no more so than many of the other standard plastic sledges in the shops - I haven't tried those yet, so am not sure of their durability, but my parents still have the cheap plastic sledge they bought for me thirty years ago, and that is still in one piece, despite many years of use, and not always very careful use!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3