Profile for Kindle Customer > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
The Instant Guide to Budapest
The Instant Guide to Budapest

2.0 out of 5 stars Just like a postcard from aunty, 19 May 2014
honestly, this is so brief, it reminds me of my aunt's postcards, crammed with chatter, been there done that, and I fancied those shoes in the window! I would not call it a guide book, but an opinion, indeed a postcard from Budapest. Perhaps the author who drops into town every year could try and write a new chapter with each visit. In between her pre-dinner spa...perhaps.

Mary Berry Cooks
Mary Berry Cooks

5.0 out of 5 stars The joy of Mary's recipes!, 24 Mar 2014
This review is from: Mary Berry Cooks (Kindle Edition)
easy to follow recipes, though I don't always need to feed a cast of 10; yet it would be great to know when family and friends arrive. Mary's tips are wonderful. It's about time she's made a Dame of the Nation.

Daily Readings
Daily Readings

5.0 out of 5 stars An Orthodox christian spiritual rudder for daily worship, 2 Mar 2014
This review is from: Daily Readings (App)
This App is a real blessing, with sermon, daily Bible readings as set out in the calendar of Orthodox Christian worship, and commemoration of saints. As an App it can become the rudder for daily worship, in an easy and accessible manner in our busy daily lives. I do not have an Orthodox parish where I live and this App keeps me connected with the Living Church nourishing soul and body. The Lord's blessings to those who created it.

Cyprus Radio Music & News
Cyprus Radio Music & News

2.0 out of 5 stars good for Turkish listeners/poor for Greek listeners, 26 Jan 2014
This review is from: Cyprus Radio Music & News (App)
Nothing worth bothering with if you want Greek language stations, poor choice. They played me a french song, followed by english rap on the Paphos station - advertisements in Greek(wow). The Turkish Bayrak is offered and so is the British Forces Radio.

Greek Radio Music & News
Greek Radio Music & News

4.0 out of 5 stars great to have it on kindle, 26 Jan 2014
This review is from: Greek Radio Music & News (App)
So glad to have access to the Greek Church radios. Athens radio stations very limited, but 2-3 of the ones listed here would keep me up to date. Very happy with this app.

The Green Line - Holiday in a Warzone - Cyprus 1974
The Green Line - Holiday in a Warzone - Cyprus 1974

4.0 out of 5 stars That hot summer of fear under the shadow of death, 19 Jan 2014
I'm glad the accounts of the weeks before and after the 1974 conflict were not as violent as I have read elsewhere. What is heart warming is the life-affirming attitude of the protagonist and of his mother. Moreover, being from the 'other' ethnic group, and of the same age in years, my heart empathises with his fears or with those tormented souls such as his sweet grandma. I was only a child myself yet I was sensitive enough to realise from a young age that some how Turkish Cypriots were treated as 2nd class citizens by a vocal minority in the pre 1974 conflict. Such were the times, blind with hatred from some of us, blind from ignorance or pride to the point where we could not see the divine in the eyes of our neighbour- and hence the collective curse of war (crimes) that we have brought upon our heads. Everything in this account is narrated as it was back then and I can relate to it. Amongst the chaos of Hell that was unleashed in 1974, the voice of this little Turkish cypriot manages to find a glimse of heaven in a smile and in the care free activities of childhood. If only Cyprus was left to the children , as adults definitely have yet to cultivate the depth of spirituality that can embrace 'the other side', in themselves and all humanity in general.

Walimex Pro 7.5mm 1:3.5 Fish-Eye Lens for Olympus and Panasonic Cameras - silver

5.0 out of 5 stars a little gem, 19 Sep 2013
Took this affordable little gem of a lens to Rome (it flew Club class on BA) and it performed wonders inside the Baroque monuments of that city. I traveled in June, the light was bright, and it performed very well without a tripod (which I loathe carrying). In darker, more challenging spaces it had to be stabilized on whatever piece of furniture was available - and it worked. Great price, great value.

L'art de vivre à Taroudant : Edition français-anglais-espagnol-néerlandais
L'art de vivre à Taroudant : Edition français-anglais-espagnol-néerlandais
by Paul Van den Heuvel

5.0 out of 5 stars The most outstanding book on Moroccan Interiors, 19 Sep 2013
I own almost all the books available on Moroccan Interior Design but L'Art de vivre a Taroudant is in a league of its own.
It was no surprise that some of the numerous properties showcased in this book have also featured in The World of Interiors magazine(UK). The book has 250 pages of large colored images printed on non-reflective paper; this brings the images to life - you just walk into the interiors. The 'curating' of this collection of properties is what makes the book a veritable treasure and this is marked by a restrained elegance; that permits the earthiness of Moroccan style to shine through. Moroccan elegance I feel is simplicity without being minimal. Being an annual visitor to Morocco, this book more than any other takes me back to my soul place. As a designer, I find the perfect marriage of decorative elements shown in all the rooms shown in this book inspirational. A book to daydream over, but more realistically - to nourish the soul; just like Morocco, it's people and their living Art. The authors have excelled over all other books on the subject. Bravo!

Samyang 7.5mm Fisheye F3.5 Manual Focus Lens for Micro 4/3 - Black
Samyang 7.5mm Fisheye F3.5 Manual Focus Lens for Micro 4/3 - Black
Offered by Carmarthen Cameras

5.0 out of 5 stars a little gem, 7 Jun 2013
I bought this very affordable lens for my Olympus OM-D. It went to Rome, Italy, where the Baroque churches, tiny or grand proved to be ideal for it. Soon I was using it around the fountains of Rome. Tiny in size, light, excellent results. I traveled in late May when the light conditions were perfect inside the buildings of Rome. As I don't like using tripods this lens was just right but I would have struggled in conditions with less sunlight. My only regret is that this lens can not take any filters.

10 Moreinks Compatible Printer Ink Cartridges to replace Canon PGI-5 / CLI-8
10 Moreinks Compatible Printer Ink Cartridges to replace Canon PGI-5 / CLI-8
Offered by More Inks

5.0 out of 5 stars great value at last!, 7 May 2013
I tend to print hundreds of photographs for my students and the price of these cartridges has saved me hundreds of pounds. I don't need archival quality printing yet the results from these inks is superb; I have printed on T-shirt transfer paper, clear film sticker, transparencies and it worked perfectly. The cost of authentic inks is an extortion and I would never buy them again after using 'Moreinks' compatible cartridges.

Page: 1 | 2