Profile for plummy > Reviews

On Demand (Black Lace)
by Justine Elyot
Price: 7.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Hotel romps, 5 Jan 2013
This review is from: On Demand (Black Lace) (Paperback)
Stories disjointed and less than meaningful, some better than others. Author trying too hard to emulate a man's top shelf magazine! Disappointing ...

Viking in Love
Viking in Love
by Sandra Hill
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
Price: 4.71

5.0 out of 5 stars Viking treasure, 5 Jan 2013
Exciting, rich with historical detail and good story line, also a lot of comedy. I had trouble putting it down. Very sexy!

by Chris Cheyette

5.0 out of 5 stars Revelation!, 11 Aug 2010
I recently bought this book after visiting my diabetic clinic. What a [[ASIN:095644301X Carbs & Cals: A Visual Guide to Carbohydrate & Calorie Counting for People with Diabetes] revelation this turned out to be - after seeing the portion sizes and carbohydrate values in the book I realised I had been underestimating the amount of insulin I needed to give me stable blood sugar levels and that I needed to make alterations to my diet. I must say the calories are an eye-opener too! I have had type 1 diabetes since I was 12 (quite a few years ago now) but this book proves that there is always something new to discover and learn. If you have a meal out or a take-away it is difficult sometimes to guesstimate - this book takes a lot of the hard work away and makes life much easier ... I would recommend it to anyone - you won't be disappointed.