Profile for A. Clark > Reviews

Content by A. Clark

A. Clark "archi_tect" (Edinburgh, UK)

Port Designs Brighton Messenger 15.4 Inch Latop Bag (Brown)
Port Designs Brighton Messenger 15.4 Inch Latop Bag (Brown)
Offered by Upgrade Central

4.0 out of 5 stars Robust, reliable and spacious., 7 Feb 2011
I've owned my port designs messenger for over a year now. It has lasted very well, and is still in one piece even though I use it everyday, in all types of weather and has been carried and tossed through Europe.
The case has protected my 15inch macbook pro, and because of the way it is padded, it has kept my laptop safe during rain / snow showers despite not being waterproof material (I do recommend having a laptop sleeve of course). Including the laptop, there is usually enough space for my moleskin, a scale ruler, a bunch of pens, and my RAB Demand waterproof - just in case! With a bit of careful organisation I can also fit my lunch and a 750ml water bottle in the various compartments and nets.
The only negative issue I have with the bag is the strap - it is a little too narrow and not padded enough when the bag is full. And the plastic hinges on the strap sometimes squeak. This can be replaced though.
All round, a good and robust product at a decent price compared to the equivalent from the Apple store.

House of the Book: Beth Sepher (Black Dog Series)
House of the Book: Beth Sepher (Black Dog Series)
by Peter Cook

5.0 out of 5 stars Beth Sepher, 7 Feb 2011
A brief but insightful book about a profound project in modern Berlin. Commentaries and analysis by Cook and Hejduk are revealing and entertaining. The black and white photography is masterfully shot, and the included axonometric and plans of the project are invaluable (there should be more drawings!). The book is well worth a few pennies as the project is not extensively documented (on the internet).