Profile for Ian > Reviews

Ian

Simplicity
Simplicity

4.0 out of 5 stars A solid rock album, 25 Jun 2014
This review is from: Simplicity (Audio CD)
Been a fan of Tesla from the start, really enjoyed this album, continuing on from Forevermore, it's a grower, more I listen to the album the better it gets, twin guitars, rock vocals, whats not to like. Buy it.

Queensr˙che
Queensr˙che

3.0 out of 5 stars Don't listen to the fanboys, 2 July 2013
This review is from: Queensr˙che (Audio CD)
The album is okay, 3 stars, a worthy effort thou for a 35 min album.

Sadly, the new singer sounds just like Tate, I feel a missed opportunity as this version of the band could have gone in a new direction.(same mistake made as when Ripper joined Priest in my opinion).

Before purchasing this album on the strength of the anti Geoff Tate 5 star reviews by the fanboys, listen to the album on Spotify first, you could also check out Frequency Unknown, it's not that's bad, but each to their own opinions.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 4, 2014 1:49 AM GMT

Dedicated To Chaos (Special Edition)
Dedicated To Chaos (Special Edition)

2.0 out of 5 stars It's not the Queensryche I grew up with!, 30 Jun 2011
Firstly I am a huge Queensrcyhe fan,I'm afraid that this album is not for me. The band have been brave and have gone off on a new different direction, more modern and more rock, that some people will enjoy. (New Def Leppard).
For me I enjoy the guitars of old, the tail end of the album gets better, maybe after a few more listens it may be a grow on me.

Dio Live - We Rock [CD + DVD]
Dio Live - We Rock [CD + DVD]

3.0 out of 5 stars If your a fan/collector, you could purchase worse.., 22 Jan 2011
I bought this last year, I had seen the RJD facebook page say to avoid, they were taking action to remove this item as permission to release was not authorised by niji/warner.
The audio cd is actually quite good, as others have stated, already released on vhs, for the price if your a fan of dio live for the price is actually good value, the dvd is poor as stated, but no different from all the live stuff that can be seen on youtube, I enjoyed it.