Profile for Clare > Reviews

Content by Clare

Clare "clare030182" (Plymouth, Devon, UK)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Paper Mate Inkjoy Mini 100 Cap Ball Pen Medium Tip - Assorted Fun Colours (Pack of 10)

4.0 out of 5 stars Write the rainbow, 4 Sept. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These are actually a really lovely size. Not too small which some 'mini' pens are and with a triangular barrel they are easy to hold. The lids go on and off easily and there is a nice range of colours (blue, light blue, brown, red, orange, pink, purple-ish, green, light green, black.) I like that they didn't bother with a yellow as you can never see it well enough but lots of packs include it anyway.

They do glide nicely on the page when writing although I wanted to draw something with one of mine and found that the different angle of the pen stopped the nice glide effect and made it stop working in places.

Overall these pens work well and are a lovely size, grip and colour range.

Cat Repeller, Ultrasonic, Cats Beware! By Pest-Stop
Cat Repeller, Ultrasonic, Cats Beware! By Pest-Stop

4.0 out of 5 stars Cat be gone, 4 Sept. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I got this as I have a driveway which is covered in stones and the cats in my neighbourhood just love to do their business right next to my car door which is exceedingly annoying!

This repeller comes with a spike which allows you to just push it into the ground or you can wall mount it. I was really pleased with this as I'm not a DIYer so being able to just push it in the ground was ideal. It doesn't come with batteries or a main power cable but both can be purchased for it. It needs 9V batteries which is a little annoying as they're more expensive but worth it to stop the cats.

The back panel has 4 screws to remove to let you put the batteries in but it's easy enough to do. Inside the compartment is the switch to change modes. I wish it was outside since you have to remove the panel if you decide to change modes. You can choose motion detector mode or a 5 second on the 2 off or 5 off. I'm guessing motion detector uses the least power so I chose that.

You can't really hear anything from the device but sometimes I feel a weird sensation that's not quite a sound but kind of a static-y 'pip'. Not sure if I'm sensitive or imaginative though!

So far things are going well but cats don't come every day so it will take time to see if this does keep them away for good.

Becky Mantin Nappy Grab Bag All-in-One Disposable Changing Bag--Size 3, Pack of 10

4.0 out of 5 stars Great concept, 19 Aug. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These Becky Mantin Nappy Grab Bags are a really good concept and are small enough to actually fit in your pocket or handbag. I was sceptical when I saw the size that it would fit in your pocket but it actually does fit in my jeans pocket. The bag is formed from a reasonably thick 100% biodegradable plastic sheet 57cm x 35cm which doubles as an emergency change mat. It's actually quite a pretty patterned mat too. It is designed to then be used to hygienically wrap and seal your used nappy in afterwards which is a handy idea until you can find a bin. It contains a good quality Eco-responsible Naty nappy which held up well, 4 organic wipes (Jackson Reece) and 1 sachet of Weleda Calendula Nappy cream which is easy to open and kind to your child’s skin. I was happy with all the contents of the grab bag, size and ease of use however there are a couple of draw backs - first these have an expiration date which I didn't realise from reading the description. Mine was only 4 months. This stops you buying far in advance/in bulk. If you're buying these for use every trip this wouldn't matter too much but if you're planning to use them just for day trips, emergency use - left in your car etc it becomes more problematic. The other drawback is the cost. These grab bags currently cost 19.90 for size 3 (it varies slightly for different sizes). With 10 grab bags per box this then works out to £1.99 per grab bag which actually is probably too expensive for just everyday use.

It's also worth mentioning - someone else got this to give as a present which I thought was a great idea, these grab bags look pretty but they actually come packed in a bog standard brown box. The pack you see in the picture is their packaging and when you buy this pack of 10 there isn't a group packaging. You could easily rewrap the box to make it pretty so it isn't a criticism of the product just a note for anyone who decides to buy it as a baby present.

L'Oreal Garnier Skin Fresh Eye Make-Up Remover 125 ml
L'Oreal Garnier Skin Fresh Eye Make-Up Remover 125 ml
Offered by Bargainperfumeshop

5.0 out of 5 stars Non - greasy eye make-up remover, 16 Aug. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This comes in a purple translucent bottle which is neither here nor there but I love the look of the bottle. I wanted to try this because my previous eye remover was very oily and I didn't like the feel of it on my skin afterwards and this promises "with no greasy or sticky feeling". I would definitely agree this doesn't have a greasy feeling however I do think it feels slightly sticky to touch while it's wet on your skin after you wipe your make off, it dried really quickly and there was no leftover sticky residue but I do think think it feels slightly sticky during use. This cleaned my make-up off well, feels nice on my skin and has only a faint scent to it - I think it smells more like cucumber than apple but it's not unpleasant.

I'm really happy with this eye make-up remover.

Rexel Joy A4 5 Subject Notebook - Pretty Pink
Rexel Joy A4 5 Subject Notebook - Pretty Pink

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty but not perfect, 12 Aug. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is an A4 notepad. The front and back cover are made from a thin bendy plastic material that does a good job protecting the notepad. The front cover has a pen slot to let you carry 1 pen. On the front their are also cut outs to let you label the notepad and the sections of the notepad. Inside the notepad 4 different coloured card dividers split the pad into 5 sections. These card dividers also have a half height pocket to allow you to put small bits of paper, handouts etc. Each section has 25 double sided pages which have a margin and are narrow lined. The corner is perforated so you can fold it down or tear it off to easily find an important page. The paper does look and feel quite thin as others have mentioned. I tested a biro, felt pen and Sharpie on it. The biro you could write on both sides with no problems, the felt pen you could see through on the other side but you could just about get away with writing on both sides, the Sharpie bled through to the next page in the pad and could be clearly read from the back. Each page is perforated so you could remove it from the pad, I almost tore some of mine when removing them - you still need to be careful removing them. The pages were punched in multiple places so they should easily fit into any binder after they're removed.

The front of the notepad contains a brief 2015 and 2016 calendar which lets you know what day each date falls on but doesn't have room to write anything or show things like bank holidays. There is also a weekly timetable you can fill in if you're using this for classes.

The back of the notepad has 2 blank pages and then 2 blank pages that are split into 8 rectangle note cards that are perforated. These are thicker than the paper but not as thick as card.These seem like kind of an after thought and not really worth having. The note cards are too small, not lined and there aren't enough of them for revision cards.

This seems a fairly good notepad, the covers and note cards are the only bits that aren't hole punched - this means you can't store this in your binder - for 4 pages that seems like a missed trick. This is A4 sized and is weighty enough so it does depend on whether you want to be lugging it around. I do really like the design of this notepad but I think you'd quickly end up using it up quickly if you had multiple classes/terms.

Early Rider Trail Runner Aluminium Balance Bike - 3 - 4.5 Years
Early Rider Trail Runner Aluminium Balance Bike - 3 - 4.5 Years

4.0 out of 5 stars Great quality comes with a cost, 4 Aug. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This bike comes mostly assembled and just needs the front wheel part of the bike attached. This can be done with Allen keys which come with the bike. It took only minutes to assemble. I was amazed at how light this bike is. We already have a wooden balance bike which you can carry when the boys get fed up riding and want to run and looking at this bike you'd expect it to weight a lot more but it doesn't and is easy to carry too if you need to. The tyres on this bike also impressed me, they're very sturdy and great quality. For some reason the valves don't have caps but that's not really a big problem.

The seat is made from riveted faux brown leather which is my least favourite part of the bike, I'm just not keen on the look of it with the rivets. The seat however is extremely easy to adjust to get the right height for your child. The bike is aimed at 3-5 year olds and needed adjustments for our 4 year old.

This bike is very expensive compared to our wooden balance bike but does have the benefit of looking just like a 'big boy/girl' bike whereas our wooden bike does look more toddler-ish.

This balance bike allows children to practise riding on a bike without needing stabilisers. It doesn't have brakes and relies on children stopping the bike using their own feet/momentum.

This bike is expensive but it is very good quality and is fairly unisex.

Playmobil 5433 Summer Fun Children's Pool with Whale Fountain
Playmobil 5433 Summer Fun Children's Pool with Whale Fountain

5.0 out of 5 stars Hours of water fun!, 2 Aug. 2015
I already had the old style pool at work so when I decided to buy some playmobil to play with my nephews the swimming pool immediately came to mind. This is definitely an improvement on the old pool. It's easy to assemble, only fixing the tubing for the shower is at all fiddly (for an adult.) This pool comes as one complete unit so you can pick it up without pieces coming off. The shower is inset which stops the kids accidently knocking it off. The blue push button works the shower and the whale simultaneously, if you flip the switch on the shower you can turn the shower off but the whale will squirt every time you push it. You don't get lots of water out of the shower but it's enough for it's purpose and I was surprised at how high the whale can squirt if you push and hold the button down. The people easily slide down the slide into the pool and bounce off the diving board if you sit them on the end and push it down gently. It comes with a mum, dad, boy child and toddler - the toddler sinks as soon as you put him in the pool which is a shame, the mum, dad and child just about float when they're on their back. It didn't bother my 4 year old nephew a bit. It comes with a few added extras - pool chair, towel, 2 water toys, beach bag, cool box, bottle, 2 apples, sun cream, arm bands for the child and sun hat with back flap for the toddler. The mum has sunglasses on that are under her hair so don't seem to come off.
My 4 year old nephew really enjoyed this set, especially when he found other toys he could add in and play along with.

This does splash over the sides, we didn't fill it quite to the max line and had lots of spillage - luckily I bought a cheap water proof table cloth to put under it on the floor so it didn't matter. Our clothes got a little wet too - lots of fun!

6 Flower Self Inking Stampers for Kids - Party Bag Fillers | Kids Stamps
6 Flower Self Inking Stampers for Kids - Party Bag Fillers | Kids Stamps
Offered by MunchieMoosKids Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for kids, 2 Aug. 2015
These are a nice sized stamper, self inking so you don't have to deal with separate ink pads/mess. They have good ink coverage when you stamp and the kids really enjoyed them. They had different coloured inks in them and were exactly what I was looking for.

6 Smiley Heart Self Inking Stampers for Kids Party Bags | Kids Stamps
6 Smiley Heart Self Inking Stampers for Kids Party Bags | Kids Stamps

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for kids, 2 Aug. 2015

Garnier Ambre Solaire Ultimate Blends Silky Shampoo 400 ml - Pack of 6
Garnier Ambre Solaire Ultimate Blends Silky Shampoo 400 ml - Pack of 6

4.0 out of 5 stars Super silky feeling hair, 2 Aug. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This shampoo has a really nice smell when you squeeze it onto your palm. It's a little runnier than I like and since I like to use a lot of shampoo the normal amount I use ended up running over the sides of my palm. It lathers well and washed my hair nicely. My hair felt much silkier afterwards than it normally does using a different brand. The smell of the shampoo didn't last once my hair was washed - for some people that might be a plus, for some not so much.

Overall a good shampoo and I loved the silkiness of my hair which even the next day is noticeable.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20