Profile for Clare > Reviews

Content by Clare

Clare "clare030182" (Plymouth, Devon, UK)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Zoggs Women's Zena - Mirror/Clear
Zoggs Women's Zena - Mirror/Clear
Price: 9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty and functional, 22 Jun 2014
This review is from: Zoggs Women's Zena (Sports)
I love the look of these goggles. They fit well and are easy to adjust (as long as you pull in the right direction - d'oh!)
They form a good suction around my eyes and have only ever leaked one or two drops and that has only been twice. They do leave some marks on my face but they're not that big and quickly fade. I would buy these again in future.

500g(approx 115) Silver/Purple Mix Glass Pebbles
500g(approx 115) Silver/Purple Mix Glass Pebbles
Offered by Petals&Buds
Price: 6.29

2.0 out of 5 stars Look tacky, 22 Jun 2014
I was disappointed in these. They are a nice size and the colours are nice. However when you hold them they are slightly rough instead of smooth and I'm not sure but it looks and feels like the lilac/silver colour is just painted on the outside. Whilst from a distance they look okay in the vase I got them for up close they just look tacky.

Galt Toys Folding Trampoline
Galt Toys Folding Trampoline
Price: 39.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun but not really folding, 22 Jun 2014
This review is from: Galt Toys Folding Trampoline (Toy)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a fun and sturdy small trampoline.

It comes in pieces and requires some assembly but it's an allen key job so it's not particularly hard. I was concerned after reading a few of the other reviews that I wouldn't be able to make it alone but I did!

The legs/poles are easy to assemble. The trickiest bit is threading the cord tight enough. I used someone else's tip and tied the 4 corners with string before I started but even then I didn't realise how tight I needed to pull it and ran out of cord before I got back to the start. Take 2 I pulled really hard on each hole and held it tight as I threaded the next part and the cord more than reached the beginning and was easy to tie off alone even though the instructions do say you'd need 2 people. The instructions are written with a separate sheet with the diagrams (this was hidden further in with different languages so initially I was a little confused about which piece was which.) They're okay to follow and it didn't take me to long to assemble (30-40 mins.)

Two things made me give this 4 starts instead of 5.
The first is that within the packaging there was brown dirt on lots of the poles which made a mess all over the floor and my hands and the cord was covered in what looked like either clay dust or white mold and although this wiped off it wasn't pleasant to have to touch it and I don't think it would have taken them much on the packaging end to make sure it was clean before packing.
The second, to my mind more important, reason is that this is labelled as foldable. It isn't really foldable. The legs are sprung to let you easily attach but I looked once it was assembled and the cord is in the way of unspringing them so they can't be folded back down - or at least I was willing to attempt this. The handle should be easy to remove but I tightened the black cap screw (which is a good size to grab onto) to make sure it was secure and can now only unscrew one side. I would not call this a foldable trampoline.

That said if you're just looking for a trampoline you can leave up it's a nice size - not too big or small, sturdy enough that I jumped on it to test it out and it bounced me just fine. It has bright, fun colours and patterns on the safety padding over the cords and a lot of fun to bounce on.

Bibetta Swim Bag/ Large Wet Bag (Blue)
Bibetta Swim Bag/ Large Wet Bag (Blue)
Price: 14.95

2.0 out of 5 stars I wanted to be able it give it more..., 15 Jun 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This product has lots of good reviews and initially I would have given it 4 stars but within a month of use (twice a week) 2 of the seams were broken/coming undone.

There are lots of positives about this bag -
- The outside materials is soft and absorbent. It got wet on the floor at the pool but the outer material held/soaked up the water so that when I picked up the bag it didn't get me wet.
- The bigger pocket is waterproof and easily dry-able
- Both pockets have zips so you can keep your valuables in the smaller zip pocket
- The strap is adjustable and can be easily clipped in different ways to allow you to carry the bag in the way which is most comfortable for you
- The bag is comfortable to carry and easy/small for storage

The things I wasn't so keen on for this bag that would have made it a 4 star for me -
-The strap buckle for adjusting has a tendency to slide too easily so I had to resize the length quite a few times
- This bag is called large but I didn't find it was big enough for me when I was wanting to store my clothes in it during swimming (it was just about big enough for everything on the trip to the swimming pool)
- The small pocket has a separate zip on the outside of the bag but the actual pocket takes up space inside the big pocket so when mine was full with big bunch of keys, fat wallet (unfortunately not with money!), phone and e reader it was taking up a significant amount of space in the big bag making packing the big pocket awkward (not impossible)

Last week my 4 star review I was writing in my head dropped to 2 stars because of the sewing. The sewing holding the end of the zip together on the big pocket broke as I was doing it up. This one may be partly my fault as I was putting my clothes in and had a particularly thick cardigan however whilst the bag was full it wasn't like I was having to sit on it and squash it to make it fit. I gave it the benefit of the doubt that maybe that was my doing but then when I was switching the strap from one position to another I noticed that the sewing on the triangle where the clip is held onto the bag was broken and coming undone too. In so short an amount of time I don't think 2 different seams should be broken when I wasn't using it roughly or carelessly.

I may have just been unlucky as lots of other reviews are very positive and as I said I did like this bag although I would want a bigger version of it and for the sewing to be more robust. Check out the other reviews before deciding either way on this bag. If you don't have lots to fill it with you may fare better.

Babies Firsts 120x60cm Luxury Spring Interior Cot Mattress with an Edge Bound Cover and Extra Comfort Layer
Price: 36.46

3.0 out of 5 stars Reasonable mattress but if you are looking for luxury this isnt it, 15 Jun 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
It's a bit awkward reviewing a mattress that you haven’t used yourself to sleep on. Our 9 month old’s sleep doesn't seem any better or worse having changed mattresses so I guess it can't be too awful or amazing. It has a layer of foam surrounding the springs, which when pressed individually don't feel too great but altogether seem ok. Its described as ‘dense nursery foam’ but looks and feels like normal foam to me. The ‘luxury soft polyester fibre layer’ is a very thin layer of wadding that doesn't really add much. Its also a little confusing as the description says the mattress should be turned over on a regular basis but the luxury padding is only on one side. The amazon description suggests that it offers a spare cover, but it doesn't. It has a removable/washable cover that is a combination of plastic and cotton material (non expert talking). The inner waterproof liner bit is about a quarter of the mattress and our son wriggles around or we place him at both ends of the cot so this liner doesn’t make any difference as he is rarely over it. A reasonable mattress but if you are looking for luxury this isn't it.

Pampers S4 Giga BD - Pack of 120
Pampers S4 Giga BD - Pack of 120

4.0 out of 5 stars Trustworthy brand and very reliable, 15 Jun 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The brand name pretty much says it all. Pampers is the epitome of reliable nappies. We use other nappies during the day as they are cheaper and seem to work as well but for reliability overnight we always seem to fall back upon pampers, as lets face it with a new baby every minute of sleep is priceless and you don't want to waste any time changing leaked nappies and wet bed clothes as a result.

Galt Dr Miriam Activity Centre
Galt Dr Miriam Activity Centre
Price: 22.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun and easy to manipulate, 31 May 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I got this for my 7 month old nephew to play with. He isn't quite sitting alone yet but is interested in bright colours, noise and likes exploring things. This activity centre is fairly big, bigger than my nephews lap for sure but isn't so bog that it's not easy to store. It has a range of knobs that can be slid, turned and pressed. Each part of this toy has clearly been carefully thought out to maximise the different opportunities for young children to learn. Some pieces are easy for very young children to use - the mirror, fat spinning rattles on the side and pressable squeaker. Some require a little more dexterity to slid and turn but give children room to grow with the toy. My 3 year old nephew easily turned all his brother's switches making a range of noise - none of which were too loud or obnoxious.

I really liked the deep holes on the old telephone style turner which allow children to get a grip. The squeaky button stuck several times but did easily come loose with prodding.

I was very pleased with this activity centre and would definitely recommend it.

AmazonBasics Thermal Laminating Pouches A4 Pack of 100
AmazonBasics Thermal Laminating Pouches A4 Pack of 100
Price: 9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, 27 May 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have used a range of different laminating pouches for resources for school and Rainbows and found these as good as more expensive brands I have used in the past.

My A4 paper fit easily within the laminate, it was easy to reposition the paper which sometimes can be an issue if there is too much static. I ran it through my laminator without a pouch/pocket and it came out perfectly. There was a good seal all over the paper, it didn't wrinkle and had a glossy shine to make it look professional.

I was really pleased with these laminates and would buy them again.

Finish Power and Pure All-in-One (Pack of 1, Total 50 Tablets)
Finish Power and Pure All-in-One (Pack of 1, Total 50 Tablets)
Price: 7.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Quick and Easy, 13 May 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is an easy seal pack with sealed tablets that you don't have to open. You just pop one in the drawer close it and go. This is much easier and quicker to use than my normal powder as it doesn't make a mess, the powder doesn't get clumpy and it takes less time.

I don't notice any difference in cleanliness or shine from my normal 'cheap' powder in the dishes or dish washer itself. I would buy these again if the price was competitive with other brands and I think these have definitely converted me to tablets over powder.

Bob the Builder - The Big Dino Dig 2011 [DVD]
Bob the Builder - The Big Dino Dig 2011 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Bob the Builder and his friends
Price: 3.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining and informative, 13 May 2014
I got this to kick off my dinosaur topic for a class of 4-5year olds and they loved it. The story follows Bob and his crew clearing and building a theme park and along the way the discover fossils and then find information about the dinosaurs and incorporate it into the park they are building. There are numerous good pshe moments to support sharing, turn taking, collaborating, not having done something someone else has, needing/asking for help.

This was a fantastic film and I will definitely use it again and recommend it for young children.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20