Profile for Clare > Reviews

Content by Clare

Clare "clare030182" (Plymouth, Devon, UK)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Snug Ultrasoft Fitted Sheet, Percale, 180 Thread Count - Double, Cream
Snug Ultrasoft Fitted Sheet, Percale, 180 Thread Count - Double, Cream

4.0 out of 5 stars A great sheet but not 'ultra', 26 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This sheet has a nice colour tone to it. It fits my bed perfectly with good stretch and strength to hold the sheet on over my matress and memory foam topper. The sheet has a non iron finish but if you like your sheets pristine you're going to want to iron this. I love the fact that it's non iron but it had quite a few wrinkles in which luckily doesn't bother me.

The reason I gave this 4 out of 5 is because I wouldn't call the sheet 'ultrasoft.' whilst it's not uncomfortable or scratchy it's also the same as every other sheet I've had in terms of texture/softness. It's definitely not 'ultra' in the softness stakes.

ScotchBlue Pre-Taped Masking Film in Dispenser Medium 1.21 m x 27.4 m Transparent

5.0 out of 5 stars Great statically charged sheet for painting, 22 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I love this, this is a combination of masking tape and plastic sheeting, but with the benefit of the plastic sheeting also being statically charged, so it clings to the surface. We stuck this around the edge of the room so we could paint our ceiling and didnt have to clear the room as much, or also worry about getting the walls paint splattered as I am not particularly neat. It is all folded up and then rolled up inside the dispenser. Just unroll to the width you need and rip off along the serated edge (the thick folded section was a but reluctant to tear initially). I would say the serated edge sticks out a bit and can easily be caught accidently when not in use, and I'm not sure that you even need the dispenser, as it should cut with scissors fairly easily. Its a huge 27m wide and 1.2m deep; they do a longer length that we prefered as it covered ceiling to floor. This length is better to be able to cover kitchen units etc and paint the wall above it. At first I thought I had unfolded all of it and it hung a bit short, but the static charge is so good that I had missed a larger section and it folded out much more. It then clung to the units and stayed out of our way and didnt flap around- perfect. We had ours up for a day and then took it down but it does say they you can leave it up for up to 14 days.

Samsung C32F391 32-Inch Curved LED Monitor - White Gloss
Samsung C32F391 32-Inch Curved LED Monitor - White Gloss

3.0 out of 5 stars A decent screen, but delivers less than it promises, 18 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My first impression of this curved screen is that it's large - very large. Intended primarily as a PC screen, you would need a large and deep desk to comfortably accommodate this ~70cm wide screen.

I like the sleek, thin frame, but I'm not so keen on the curvy stand (although it's mostly hidden by the screen). The stand offers ~6cm storage space below, on a gentle incline, which might be handy for resting a keyboard or phone if used on a desk. The stand is easily assembled and attached, with no tools required, allowing the screen to be up and running in the space of about a minute.

The curve on the screen is gentle and doesn't distort the picture or restrict the viewing angle. I tested the screen both for PC use and AV use (the screen offers calibrations for both modes) and was happy with both (although my standard definition AV input looked fairly poor on such a large screen). The AV mode triggers an overscan which trims the edge of the image (necessary for many TV signals etc) however I found this to be overzealous and resulted in cutting off the edge of some captions etc towards the edge of the picture. The screen quality is generally good, although at times pictures looked a little washed out. The screen boasts an EyeSaver mode, claimed to reduce eyestrain, however on the three occasions I tried this all it did was turned the picture into a horrible washed-out grey.

The screen offers limited connectivity: HDMI and DisplayPort inputs (no VGA etc) and a standard audio output. (I used an HDMI splitter to combine multiple HDMI inputs without issue). The screen came with a free HDMI cable, but no DisplayPort cable. There are no speakers, which for the price I think it would be reasonable to expect basic speakers. I had some difficulty using the on screen menu (which is used to turn on/off, configure the screen, alter the volume etc) and couldn't turn the screen off no matter how I pressed the button the first time I tried. The LED can be configured to show when the screen is on, or off, but annoyingly can’t be disabled (glowing brightly in the night).

While by no means a bad screen, for me it failed to wow given its current price of almost £300.

K'Nex 15406 Clock Work Roller Coaster Building Set
K'Nex 15406 Clock Work Roller Coaster Building Set

4.0 out of 5 stars Great fun but tricky to build., 17 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I love K'nex and so do the kids so I was really excited to see this set with a motor to run the roller coaster. This set is billed as age 7+ and I optimistically decided it'd be fine for a 5 year old since we play with K'nex all the time. This set has a LOT of parts and it takes a few hours to build. The age range is possibly optimistic even at 7 and you might need an older child to really find it easy to build. The instructions are easy enough to follow on the whole but it does get tiring pushing all the pieces into place.

Once the track was made it was really great to see it driving around the track. There are a lot of pieces to this set so once we've had a coaster for a while I'm sure we'll build other things with it before coming back to the track.

K'nex is a very versatile construction set and we enjoyed constructing and playing with it.

OPI Chip Skip Manicure Prep Coat 15 ml
OPI Chip Skip Manicure Prep Coat 15 ml

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 15 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I tried this by painting it on one hand with my normal nail polish on top and just my normal polish on the other hand. I generally find that my nails chip quite quickly. On comparing it after 2 days although it had chipped slightly less than the non treated side it was still more chipped than I'd be happy wearing if I went out. Unlike a top coat it goes under your polish. It dried almost instantaneously which was great and has a whitish tinge to it. If you use all their products they have a regime which might give better results but on it's own the results were disappointing.

ScotchBlue Pre-Taped Masking Film in Dispenser Large 2,720 mm x 17 m Transparent

5.0 out of 5 stars Great statically charged protective sheeting, 12 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I love this, this is a combination of masking tape and plastic sheeting, but with the benefit of the plastic sheeting also being statically charged, so it clings to the surface. We stuck this around the edge of the room so we could paint our ceiling and didnt have to clear the room as much, or also worry about getting the walls paint splattered as I am not particularly neat. It is all folded up and then rolled up inside the dispenser. Just unroll to the width you need and rip off along the serated edge (the thick folded section was a but reluctant to tear initially). I would say the serated edge sticks out a bit and can easily be caught accidently when not in use, and I'm not sure that you even need the dispenser, as it should cut with scissors fairly easily. At first I thought I had unfolded all of it and it hung a few cm short of the floor, but the static charge is so good that I had missed a larger section and it easily reached the floor. It then clung to the walls and stayed out of our way and didnt flap around- perfect. We had ours up for a day to do the ceiling and then took it down but I does say they you can leave it up for up to 14 days.

Burt's Bees Balms Gift Set
Burt's Bees Balms Gift Set

5.0 out of 5 stars A lovely set, 9 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These lip balms come in a lovely presentation box. The small tab on the side slides the box out of the case. You have 4 lip balms - Vitamin E & Peppermint (original), Pomegranate (Replenishing), Coconut & Pear (Hydrating) and Vanilla Bean (Moisturising). Each lip balm has a seal around the top you need to break to open the lid.The scents of these lip balms are pleasant but not over powering. They smooth onto your lips easily and have a nice texture - non sticky. The pomegranate lip balm is red in the stick and has a very slight red tint to it when you apply it but it didn't change the colour of my lips and only left a very very faint red tint on tissue when I blotted my lips.
I've had reactions to several lip balms/lipsticks where my lips tingle unpleasantly after I put them on but thus wasn't the case with these lip balms. I had no reaction and they worked well to keep my lips soft and moisturised.

I will definitely keep using them and would also consider buying them to give as gifts.

BiC Cristal Original 1 mm Ball Pen - Assorted Colours, Value Pack of 20 + 7 Free

5.0 out of 5 stars Work without hassle, 9 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This set comes with 12 blue,, 6 black, 4 green and 5 red which it does say in small at the bottom of the packet (only found that after counting them all!)
The pens come packaged in the Bic packaging, some reviews here said they didn't but if there was an issue in the past this has clearly been fixed.
My favourite thing about these oens is that as soon as I took the lid of and started to write they worked smoothly, clearly and seemlessly. I hate when you have to scribble to get a pen working and it takes a bit to work. These work brilliantly. They're comfortable in your hand, the lids fit properly and do exactly what you need.
I wish there were more black pens instead of so many blue but that is my only dislike.

I would definitely recommend these pens and like Bic as a quality brand.

Maybelline Vivid Matte Lipstick Number 50, Nude Thrill
Maybelline Vivid Matte Lipstick Number 50, Nude Thrill

4.0 out of 5 stars Looks lovely, not that long lasting, 3 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a lovely colour that gives a fairly natural matte look when it's on. It comes with an applicator which was easy to use and gave good coverage. The lipstick is slightly tacky when you put it on but not enough to bother me. It has a pleasant scent which isn't too strong.
The reason this lost a star for me is it's longevity. I didn't find it was that long lasting and it needed reapplying fairly quickly, especially after eating. I will keep using this lipstick because I do like it but if you're looking for a long lasting 1 application lipstick then this probably isn't it.

Breville VKJ932 Brita Maxtra Kettle, 1 Litre, White
Breville VKJ932 Brita Maxtra Kettle, 1 Litre, White

4.0 out of 5 stars Rather large for small capacity, 30 Jun. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
We have quite hard water and I'm fed up with the little bits at the bottom of my kettle that end up somehow making it into my tea so this kettle appealled to me. It uses the britxa maxtra cartridges but other compatible cartridges are available. Britxa advises that you change it every 4 weeks and has an indicator on the lid so you know when this is, but we have used cartidges for longer before and it has tasted fine, and saved us some money. The main problem with this kettle is the space needed within the kettle to hold the pre-filtered and filtered water means the kettle is really quite big for a relatively small boiling capacity . It filter 2 mugs (500ml) at a time so needs topping up again to be able to fill the actual boiling bit of the kettle which holds 4 mugs (1L). I guess the real question is whether we wuld be better off with a kettle with a larger capcity and a normal brita water jug to fill the kettle with. If you removed the filter section at the top then you could fill the kettle up more but I'm note sure how much of an issue filling above the max line is since its very low and wouldnt boil over. It lights up blue when boiling. This is a nicely made product; the lid and on switch which can feel flimsy on some kettles feel nice and sturdy. It sits on a plug in base which is circular so fits in any direction.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20