Profile for Clare > Reviews

Content by Clare

Clare "clare030182" (Plymouth, Devon, UK)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Garnier Skin Naturals Pure Heating Mask 6 ml - Pack of 2
Garnier Skin Naturals Pure Heating Mask 6 ml - Pack of 2
Offered by KrystalDirect

2.0 out of 5 stars Not really a 'hot' product, 7 Feb. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have used other self heating masks before and really liked them so I was really looking forward to using this one but it was a big disappointment.

The sachet isn't that big (the double pack is the size I normally get as a single sachet) and hard to get into - I'd recommend using scissors. The mask comes out at a nice thick consistency but as soon as you start rubbing it into your face it thins to a very watery consistency. I didn't feel like it was covering my skin very well. It didn't really 'warm' for me, at most there was a slight tingle. Definitely not what I'm used to in a heating mask.

My skin felt nice afterwards but I wouldn't say it 'deeply purifies your pores for 7 days'. I didn't particularly like the scent of the face mask but it wasn't off putting.

I wouldn't use this mask again as it just wasn't good enough at heating or coverage.

SlimFast Blissful Banana Shake Powder, 438g
SlimFast Blissful Banana Shake Powder, 438g

4.0 out of 5 stars A pleasant tasting diet aid, 24 Jan. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This comes in a tin with a handy scoop to let you easily get the right ratio of powder. It says on the tin it's best made in a blender but that is a pain and not something I wanted to use each day to make milkshake. I put my milk in a glass then added the 2 scoops of powder - it says cover and shake, not something I can do in a glass so I whisked it. Unfortunately this didn't mix in all the powder and whilst most of the milkshake thickened up and turned a lovely yellow the top had lumps of powder floating on top of it. I skimmed them off and it worked ok but is not ideal. It is obviously best if you do make it in a blender although this is a down side for anyone who is on the lazy side like me.

I was pleasantly surprised by the taste. The banana is the fake banana taste but isn't overly fake or unpleasant. Whilst it will never be a flavour I love it is definitely something I can drink easily enough whilst dieting. I've tried other supermarket brand powders before and they were really salty which I hated so it was nice that there wasn't even a tinge of salt to the taste of this. Another bonus for me was that the sweeteners used were acesulfame potassium and aspartame. Lots of diet foods use sucralose but that gives me migraines so finding diet foods can be problematic and this is a big bonus for my liking of this brand.

This shake did fill me up initially but I was still hungry before my next meal, however if I'm cutting calories that's likely to happen anyway and I like that this way with the shake I know I'm getting fibre, protein and vitamins and minerals that I might not otherwise. A 250ml shake contains 230 calories and they suggest using it with other slimfast products which I haven't. I use it as a meal replacement when I want a low calorie meal.

I was pleasantly surprised by this product. The big downside for me is needing to use a blender to fully mix it. I would be tempted to try one fo the other flavours over banana next time.

Ingenuity SmartClean Toddler Booster (Slate)
Ingenuity SmartClean Toddler Booster (Slate)

3.0 out of 5 stars Good idea but could be better., 1 Jan. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This seemed like a good idea, take the top off the seat and chuck it in the dishwasher for a good clean. Unfortunately the hole where the middle strap comes through is quite big and lets food through so I often need to clean the removable bit and the base as well. That said the white base is easily wiped clean so its not really a huge amount of extra work.
The removable seat bit is a slightly squidy foam and so seems like it would be comfier than other fully plastic seats. The removable bit just slips onto the base, which means that although it says it could be used without the straps after 3 years old I dont think it could safely be unless you didnt use the top bit as it would slip if it didnt have the straps holding it in place. We are currently using it for a large 2 year old but I think this will definitelystill fit him for a while yet and outlive his need for a booster seat.
I like that this seat curves at the front, allowing me to push the chair in quite close to the table, reducing the amount of food that can be dropped into their laps.
The straps round the back of the chair and underneath are plenty long enough, and I even found them a bit too long as I had to wrap a bit around twice as I couldnt shorten it enough.

ALEX Toys Craft Do-It-Yourself Card Crafter
ALEX Toys Craft Do-It-Yourself Card Crafter
Offered by Oxford Toy Store

4.0 out of 5 stars A comprehensive kit, 22 Dec. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This kit includes everything you need to create 12 cards in 3 different sizes/shapes. The cards either already have a pattern on them or are brown almost parcel paper look. You then have lots of card cut outs either in brown corrugated card, hessian patterned card or a mix of patterned pinks, purples, greens, blues and greys - predominantly pastels but some bright colours. The shapes are a range of the more traditional hearts, stars, flowers, ribbons, banners. There are 3 stampers - star, heart, circle with black ink. Pink and purple gems (one small sheet). Pink spotted tape and black and white zigzag patterned tape. A small amount of pink waxed string. Stickers for letters to create wording as well as phrase stickers e.g. Happy Birthday, Thinking of You. Finally a glue stick so you really do have everything you need in this kit.

I love the idea of this kit and how it has everything you need to make cards. It comes with a design sheet showing you design ideas for 12 cards you could make. It also shows you ideas for using the stamps to pattern the brown cards, Instructions for using the tape to make flag bunting or flowers and labels. This would be a lovely kit for anyone interested in card making, the cards I think would end up leaning towards the girly. I think the kit is more suitable for children/teens than adults.

My only dislike of this kit is the colour and pattern combinations - I dislike the brown card, hessian pattern and some of the coloured patterns but that is a personal preference.

L'Oreal Paris Color Riche Quad, Nude Lingerie
L'Oreal Paris Color Riche Quad, Nude Lingerie

5.0 out of 5 stars A lovely evening look, 22 Dec. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The shades compliment each other very nicely without you having to try to match from different eyeshadows. This quad comes with a 2 ended sponge applicator. One end is the usual rounded tip, the other has a diagonal slant to allow you to apply a more distinct edge. On the back there are instructions for which colour to use where for a smoky eye. I followed the instructions and although I liked the finished result I found it did look like I'd just used one colour ... maybe that's a good thing and means it blended well. I really like these shades, applicator and instructions and will use again.

L'Oréal Paris True Match Le Crayon Concealer Number 10, Ivory  5 ml
L'Oréal Paris True Match Le Crayon Concealer Number 10, Ivory 5 ml

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely smooth application, 22 Dec. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I love that this is a wind up concealer, it saves finding your sharpener when the end gets blunt. The concealer is a nice size to hold and use. The concealer goes on very smoothly and blends easily. The colour is a good tone and blends to my skin well. It covers red blemishes well.
The reason I only gave this 4 out of 5 is because I have very spot prone skin and this worked very well on my smaller red blemishes. However it wasn't as good at covering bigger, more prominent spots. It would work if you had nothing else but as an every day concealer I'd be looking for a little more coverage.

Maybelline SuperStay 24 Hour Lipstick - 9 ml, Rose Dust
Maybelline SuperStay 24 Hour Lipstick - 9 ml, Rose Dust

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 12 Dec. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a two ended lipstick. One end is the colour which you apply using a soft sponge wand. You hardly need any of the lip colour at all to provide good coverage. It goes on smoothly and easily. I love this colour as it is only slightly darker than my natural colour which I like. When you put the lip colour side on it appears matte, you have to leave it to dry which takes a few minutes, I found it has a really sticky feeling as it is drying but this quickly passes. Once you've let it dry you then use the other end which looks like a white lipstick but it a clear protective balm which then gives your lip colour the shine you want.

I wore this last night for my Christmas do. I wouldn't say it lasted 24 hours however it definitely lasted long enough with me eating a three course meal and drinking several drinks throughout the night. The colour part did not need reapplying at all and did not leave coloured stains on anything. The clear balm needed reapplying about twice but this was quick and easy to do as since it's clear you don't even need to find a mirror.

Watch out on the packaging as they made a bit of a typo. On the lipstick there are arrows on each end with a number it says balm is 1 and colour is 2 but the written instructions on the tube and box clearly say it's colour 1 then balm 2however if you didn't bother reading them - which I almost didn't you'd be applying in the wrong order and would probably have a bit of a mess.

I really like this lipstick it is definitely my new favourite.

Maybelline Colossal Mascara, 10.7 ml - 100 Per cent Black
Maybelline Colossal Mascara, 10.7 ml - 100 Per cent Black

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 12 Dec. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I found that this mascara has a nice wand that provided good coverage across my lashes. It lasted well once it was on. My problem with this mascara is that for me it was clumpy and my lashes stuck together as I added more than one coat. I don't feel like it volumised my lashes anymore than any other mascara I have used.

It's a reasonable mascara and I'll use it until it runs out but I wouldn't buy it if I was looking for a product to volumise my lashes more.

Maybelline Colour Tattoo 24 Hour Eye Shadow - On and On Bronze (Number 35)
Maybelline Colour Tattoo 24 Hour Eye Shadow - On and On Bronze (Number 35)

5.0 out of 5 stars A long lasting colour, 12 Dec. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This gel eyeshadow goes on very smoothly. It isn't sticky or thick as you put it on and provides good coverage and colour depth. Layering more in different areas produces a lovely gradiated colour effect. I really like this eyeshadow.

It doesn't come with any brush/tool for application which is a shame as you really need one if you don't want messy fingers.
It says it's a 24 hour eyeshadow. I put mine on at 5pm and wore it out for our Christmas do. At 11am the next morning one eye was still as perfect as when it went on, the other eye had been teary and I'd rubbed it a lot ... this eye still had some eye shadow on but it was patchy. It definitely lasted better than my normal powder eyeshadow.

I'd definitely buy more from the colour tattoo range.

Buki Professional Studio Hair
Buki Professional Studio Hair

4.0 out of 5 stars Learn to style hair, 6 Dec. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a fantastic toy for letting children learn how to create new hairstyles.

The dolls head is very pretty without being 'made up' as they often are. Her hair is thick and feels nice, not too plastic-ky. It's medium long. I find it slightly too thick as it made putting it into a ponytail tricky however I have really fine hair so it may just be the contrast that I found tricky.

The book it comes with shows step by step how to create a large range of hairstyles. It has pictures which is handy as the instructions are in a range of languages which doesn't make it the easiest to read as you are styling. It has a qr code on each page with a link to a youtube video which could be handy - I didn't try them out.

The doll head doesn't have a shoulder base as most dolls styling heads do. Instead it has a clamp with adjustable tilt to allow easy styling. I didn't want to use the clamp so tried styling without it. I didn't find the head very stable without the clamp which was a shame.

The head comes with a brush, comb, 2 styling tools to allow you to pull hair through when you have a ponytail to create lovely styles. It comes with velcro patches to allow you to easily section off hair. It has grips, a plaiting tool which I think is an amazing idea for children just learning to plait. It has a head scarf, plaited head band and material twist tie.

This is different to other dolls heads I've had in that it is geared more towards actual hairstyles rather than using clips, bands, bows and clip in extensions to create 'pretty' hair.

The only downside for me was how unstable it is if you don't use the clamp on a table edge. It doesn't come with storage for the resources either which is a shame but could easily be overcome.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20