Profile for Clare > Reviews

Content by Clare

Clare "clare030182" (Plymouth, Devon, UK)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
AmiGami Butterfly and Heart Punch
AmiGami Butterfly and Heart Punch

5.0 out of 5 stars A big fan!, 25 Feb. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is recommended for 6+, I used it with 5 and 6 year olds who had also made the peacock from a different set. Each set has pre-cut shapes you can pop out (2 sheets). With the butterfly these are mainly wings and plume type shapes for antennae or just decoration.It also comes with a heart hole punch. The hole punch was very easy for them to use independently which was good as in the past I've sometimes found younger children struggle with some punches. Even after they'd finished the butterfly the punch has been used to decorate crowns and just punch hearts in paper. The set also has stickers (mainly eyes, hearts and flowers etc) to decorate the butterfly to personalise it. A sticker removal tool lets you lift away stickers. The sheet they came on wasn't really designed to put the stickers back on but you can remove them and restick them in a different place easily. The instructions say they can be reused 3 times. There is also a curling tool and coloured paper strips to make your own cute curls, their curls were looser than the ones I did but with a little help or practise children would be able to do tight curls without help.

The girls used the paper pieces and easily attached them using the pins and caps (plastic pins that you put the paper onto using pre-cut holes, you then put the flower shape cap on top to stop the paper coming off - you can put multiple pieces onto one pin.)
The butterfly body is a sturdy pink plastic piece with a movable head and 5 holes for decoration. The pins easily pushed into the butterfly and pulled out with minimal effort. There are 2 types of pin to allow paper to stand up in different directions, 3 normal pins and 3 for allowing paper to stand up like a wing/head piece.

The instructions are simple, picture and text making them easy to follow. This is a lovely craft that lets you personalise and change your butterfly. The girls really enjoyed it.

It currently costs £15 when you buy it with a punch which is a little expensive I think as without the punch the figures are around £6. Having said that the punches have become firm favs too and are very child friendly so it depends how much you are interested in the punches. These craft toys are reusable and you could make your own paper pieces to personalise it even more. At £6 I think they're a bargain that a crafty child will love!

The ease with which children can access this craft independently is definitely a bonus and I would recommend it, I'll probably be collecting some of the other figures now!

Philips Sonicare HX9351/04 DiamondClean Rechargeable Toothbrush Black
Philips Sonicare HX9351/04 DiamondClean Rechargeable Toothbrush Black

3.0 out of 5 stars Good clean - Bad noise!, 22 Feb. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I was impressed by how professional and sleek this looked coming out of the box. It has a very 'business like' feel to it.

Charger base - The charger base is larger than with previous electric toothbrushes I use because there is a glass which sits on top and you can just sit your toothbrush inside and it will charge without being directly plugged in. The glass is heavier than I expected and I don't really use it as a glass. I love that I can just drop my toothbrush stright in without having to line anything up/slot things in but I wouldn't say this feature was necessary/worth extra money.

Travel case - You also get a slim black travel case (about 2 inches longer than my hand) which holds your toothbrush and has space for 2 heads although only one is provided. You plug the case into your computer via usb or into the mains. The plug is 2 pin and does not come with an adapter. You have to charge it for 24 hours before use however the charge lasts really well, 2 weeks and it's still going strong. My only complaint about the travel case is that there is a small plastic cover for your toothbrush but the head won't fit in the travel case with it on. If I've just used my brush I'd like to be able to put the cover on before putting it into the travel case wet.

The Toothbrush - My first impression was that the head was smaller than I expected. It was also a different shape than with previous electric brushes I've used - more reminiscent of a normal toothbrush. It is sleek and black with a matte handle. When you turn it on you have 5 programs you can choose from - clean (standard mode), white (2 min 30 secs), polish (1 min), Gum care (clean plus an additional 1 min to stimulate gums) or sensitive an extra gentle mode. You're supposed to apply light pressure rather than scrubbing which I found difficult initially. The toothbrush has a quadpacer to beep and pause briefly to remind you to evenly do the 4 parts of your mouth. I found the toothbrush incredibly noisy and what I'm guessing is supposedly the 'beep' sounds like a malfunction sound to me, I kept thinking I was doing something wrong when I first used it. I did find that the toothbrush cleaned my teeth well and got into spaces that I've struggled with in the past however for me the noise is so loud and off putting that I'm not sure I want to keep using it.

A good clean and I like the different programs to best suit your cleaning needs, very pleasing look and design - shame about the noise.

AmiGami Peacock and Heart Punch
AmiGami Peacock and Heart Punch

5.0 out of 5 stars Girls loved it!, 22 Feb. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
*My peacock came with a star punch as pictured above not a heart punch*

This is recommended for 6+, I gave it to a 6 year old and two 5 year olds to make. They easily popped out the pre-cut shapes and immediately began punching stars out of everything with the star hole punch. They found it easy to use independently which was good as in the past I've sometimes found younger children struggle with some punches. The enjoyed using the stickers (feathers, winky eyes, boa, flowers etc) to decorate the peacock in their own way. I tested the yellow sticker removal tool after they'd finished and the stickers easily lifted away. The sheet they came on wasn't really designed to put the stickers back on but you can remove them and restick them in a different place easily. The instructions say they can be reused 3 times. They used the curling tool to curl some of the long strips into cute curls, their curls were looser than the ones I did but with a little help or practise children would be able to do tight curls without help.

Once they'd got their chosen paper pieces ready they used the pins and caps (plastic pins that you put the paper onto using pre-cut holes, you then put the star shape cap on top to stop the paper coming off - you can put multiple pieces onto one pin.)
The peacock is a sturdy plastic body with a movable head and 5 holes for decoration. The pins easily pushed into the peacock and pulled out with minimal effort. There are 2 types of pin to allow paper to stand up in different directions. The description and instructions say it comes with 6 pins. This one came with 5 pins/caps - 3 normal pins and 2 for allowing paper to stand up like a fan/head piece. There are only 5 holes on the peacock so 5 pins makes sense.

The instructions are simple, picture and text making them easy to follow. This is a lovely craft that lets you personalise and change your peacock. The girls really enjoyed it and other girls who saw them making it were intrigued by it.

It currently costs £15 when you buy it with a punch which is a little expensive I think as without the punch the figures are around £6. I'd be tempted to buy them without the punches, these craft toys are reusable and you could make your own paper pieces to personalise it even more. At £6 I think they're a bargain that a crafty child will love!

The ease with which children can access this craft independently is definitely a bonus and I would recommend it.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Finish Quantum Original 2 x Pack of 30 (60 Dishwasher Tablets)
Finish Quantum Original 2 x Pack of 30 (60 Dishwasher Tablets)

5.0 out of 5 stars Quick and Easy, 20 Feb. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I used to use powder before switching to Finish tablets and I have to say these tablets are so much quicker and easier to use. They come sealed in individual packets but you don't have to remove the clear film, you just put them straight into your dishwasher.

These tablets left my dishes clean, I don't normally pre-wash so sometimes food can be dried in but that hasn't been a problem with these tablets.

Glass comes out shining and without streaks that I have normally had with other powder brands in the past.

Another plus is that you don't need separate salt or rinse aid everything is included in the one tablet - that's a big plus for me.

I am definitely a fan of Finish tablets now.

Finish All in One Max Lemon Dishwasher Tablets (Pack of 74)
Finish All in One Max Lemon Dishwasher Tablets (Pack of 74)

5.0 out of 5 stars Works a treat, 9 Feb. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I love how easy and mess free these tablets are to use. Take them one out of the bag and put it straight into the dishwasher without removing the wrapper. Everything is dissolved by the end of the wash.

This is my first time using scented Finish tablets and I was a little concerned I'd end up eating off a plate/bowl that smelt really lemony. Luckily this wasn't the case. When I first opened the bag there was a really strong lemon scent. After the wash all my plates/bowls/cutlery were clean and whilst my dishwasher had a faint lemony scent my bowls etc did not.

I am a tad lazy and don't tend to pre-wash/soak anything. I just put it in the dishwasher wait until it's full then run it. These tablets worked a treat getting dried on food washed away.

These worked really well on my pyrex dishes and glasses too. In the past with glasses I have sometimes still had water marks on them. Whilst I tend to scoff at 'claims' made by advertising for products they really did come out sparkling.

I'm definitely a Finish tablet convert.

Revlon ColorStay Liquid Liner - 5 ml, Black
Revlon ColorStay Liquid Liner - 5 ml, Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Fine and easy to use, 1 Feb. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Eyeliner is the mainstay of my makeup regime so it's important to me to find an easy to apply and long lasting eyeliner. This eyeliner impressed me as soon as I opened it as the tip was very fine and looked good for a fine line, I can be heavy handed so I really liked this. When you put the brush back into the bottle you have to push slightly, at first I wondered why but then I realised it helps stop spillage. I tested this by holding it upside down and none spilled out, which is ideal for me. The brush holds a decent amount of eyeliner letting you line your eye with one sweep. The brush let me do a fine line and a slightly thicker one when I rotated it. The eyeliner lasted really well without smudging which is something I often find with a pencil.

The eyeliner cleaned off easily with just water and a makeup pad which was ideal. I would definitely recommend this eyeliner.

Revlon Super Lustrous Matte Lipstick - 4.2 g, Nude Attitude
Revlon Super Lustrous Matte Lipstick - 4.2 g, Nude Attitude

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice texture/coverage, colour not so much, 27 Jan. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
In the picture the lipstick looks slightly peachy and a lovely colour. The Nude actually looks slightly orangy/tan in the tube and managed to make my lips completely blend in with my skin (pale complexion) which was not a good look.

The lipstick actually felt really nice going on and had good coverage. It has a nice matte finish. It didn't dry out my lips and lasted fairly well during the day.

If you have pale skin and are looking to make your lips match your skin colour then this might be a good colour for you otherwise I'd avoid this colour. Although I don't like this colour I would try other Revlon Matte lipsticks as I liked the actual lipstick.

Petkin Plaque Dental Kit
Petkin Plaque Dental Kit

4.0 out of 5 stars Partial success, 3 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Petkin Plaque Dental Kit (Misc.)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have previously used a toothbrush and meat flavour toothpaste with our Springer Spaniel. This set is different as it comes with a double headed toothbrush (with a large and extra small triangular head) and a finger tip toothbrush that allows you to fit it over your finger to really get into your dog's mouth. I really liked the idea of the finger tip toothbrush however I found it much too cumbersome and unwieldy when trying to use it in practise. I really liked the double headed toothbrush as it had a long handle in between and the extra small head made it really easy to clean her back teeth. The mint toothpaste did improve and freshen her breath. Whilst I wouldn't recommend the finger tip brush I would recommend the double headed brush and will continue to use it.

Angel Malone 200 x 6mm Bright Silver Snowflake Spacer Beads.
Angel Malone 200 x 6mm Bright Silver Snowflake Spacer Beads.
Offered by Angel Malone

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal, 22 Dec. 2014
Perfect to go in between beads. I used them to make 'frozen themed' bracelets and they looked perfect.

k2-accessories 200 pieces 6mm Glass Pearl Beads - Blue Mixed - A0982-A
k2-accessories 200 pieces 6mm Glass Pearl Beads - Blue Mixed - A0982-A

4.0 out of 5 stars Very pretty, 22 Dec. 2014
I love the colour of these beads. The only thing that stopped me giving them 5 stars is that the coating covered some of the openings so that when I was threading them I had to use a needle to force the thread through and it caused some peeling of the coloured coating. Luckily when the bracelt was finished this peeling didn't show.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20