Profile for JG > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
ECCO Men's Track II Lace-Up Shoes, Bison, 10 UK
ECCO Men's Track II Lace-Up Shoes, Bison, 10 UK
Offered by ShoesByPost

4.0 out of 5 stars They are really comfortable. The only problem was the extremely painful £150 ..., 6 Jun. 2016
I bought these to replace a pair which had had nearly constant use for a number of years. They are really comfortable. The only problem was the extremely painful £150 price tag !! I've never paid that amount for a pair of shoes-but they are exceptional.

Joseph Joseph Scoot Pizza Wheel with Guard - Red
Joseph Joseph Scoot Pizza Wheel with Guard - Red

1.0 out of 5 stars Not again !!, 19 Jan. 2015
I bought another one of these because of the good design after the first one jammed about a month after purchase. This one jammed after one run in the dishwasher-another waste of money.Still twice bitten three times shy !!

Breville VST004 Two-Slice Sandwich Toaster - 850 Watts
Breville VST004 Two-Slice Sandwich Toaster - 850 Watts

1.0 out of 5 stars No way, 19 Jan. 2015
The non-stick coating peeled off after about three uses. Very disappointed.

Britain in Revolution: 1625-1660
Britain in Revolution: 1625-1660

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book (in both senses of the word), 19 Jan. 2015
At 800 pages this is a real opus. I'm about 200 pages through (unsure exactly as its a Kindle version). Very readable though at times verbose. Must be one of the seminal texts although it misses on the experiences of the "man in the street" covered so ably by authors like Purkiss.

The English Civil War: A People's History (Text Only): A People's History
The English Civil War: A People's History (Text Only): A People's History

4.0 out of 5 stars Very enjoyable, 10 Mar. 2014
A very enjoyable read describing at least in part how the Civil War affected the man in the street.This sets it apart from the majority which deal with the battles and politics.What precluded a fifth star was the fact that the Kindle edition has no illustrations, and whilst I don't need comic books,SOME pics would have been nice!

Mapping the First World War: The Great War through maps from 1914-1918
Mapping the First World War: The Great War through maps from 1914-1918

1.0 out of 5 stars No good for Kindle,PC or Tablet, 10 Mar. 2014
The maps are not selectable or zoomable and the existing size on Kindle or tablet is not ,in my opinion, large enough.I have requested a refund and ordered the book-an unusual occurrence for me these days.

Adobe Photoshop Creative Cloud (12-Month License) (PC/Mac) [Download]
Adobe Photoshop Creative Cloud (12-Month License) (PC/Mac) [Download]

1.0 out of 5 stars No way, 7 Oct. 2013
I have PS CS5 and have been a Photoshop user since PS3. Each time I bought an upgrade and enjoyed the progressively more intuitive features. Seems like its the end of the road as I'm not prepared to have software on the "never,never" in a cloud. So long,Adobe its been nice !!
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 20, 2015 12:41 PM GMT

Velbon Ultra Rexi L Travel Tripod
Velbon Ultra Rexi L Travel Tripod

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 11 Dec. 2012
After looking at a lot of reviews I settled on this.I hike and take macro shots so I required a travel tripod which managed low level as well.I'm in two minds whether to take the extra length on the centre column as it takes a while to remove for low level shots-
on balance probably not. all in all an excellent design.

Manfrotto 496 Ball Head with Friction Control
Manfrotto 496 Ball Head with Friction Control

4.0 out of 5 stars Good & solid, 11 Dec. 2012
A good solid head. I would have liked a panoramic facility-but am very satisfied with it.I t takes my Sony A700 with medium telephoto easily.

365 Days
365 Days

3.0 out of 5 stars Great-but the typos !!, 20 Aug. 2012
This review is from: 365 Days (Kindle Edition)
Five stars for the book-bios of soldiers admitted to Zama evac hospital in Japan during the Vietnam War. But the typos- un-necessary hyphens on every
page,sudden changes of font,sometimes only two words on a page with next page arriving mid-sentence. I know its not my Kindle as I have been reading
other books in the interim.Without doubt-from the point of view of typos-by far the worst I've downloaded.

Page: 1 | 2