Profile for Miss Cranky > Reviews

Christmas Window Snowflake Stickers With Glitter
Offered by Balloon Shop
Price: 2.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Great but a bit smelly, 25 Dec 2013
Great quality, stick well, look great. My only complaint is that before we put them on the windows we had to keep them in the tool cupboard because the plastic is seriously smelly. However, once the stickers were on the windows the smell has disappeared very quickly and now we have very Christmasy patio doors. My daughter coloured some of them in with felt pens. Excellent buy

Make Your Own Christmas Paper Chains
Make Your Own Christmas Paper Chains
Offered by Direct247
Price: 1.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value for money, 25 Dec 2013
Have no complaints about these paper chains, does exactly what it says on the tin. 8-year old daughter and her friends had lots of fun. Easy to make, thin (it is paper after all) but good enough, nice selection of patterns and colours.

Fake Snow - Snow Spray 150ml
Fake Snow - Snow Spray 150ml
Offered by best deal 4 u
Price: 3.19

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for windows, though small amount, 25 Dec 2013
This review is from: Fake Snow - Snow Spray 150ml
We used it on patio doors. Two 8-year old girls had a can each and one glass patio door. Had a lot of fun, we now have nicely decorated Christmasy doors, and one can for each side was just enough. Amount consumed depends on distance from which you spray - being too close means thicker coverage, of course 8-year olds weren't particularly economical :) But yes I agree with other reviewers, one can is just not sufficient for anything sensible. I suppose there is only so much snow you can squeeze into one can :)) Otherwise very happy, the snow is still there more than a week later, looks nice and am hoping will come off easily...

Scoubidou (Klutz)
Scoubidou (Klutz)
by April Chorba
Price: 10.39

5.0 out of 5 stars Another excellent product from Klutz, 21 Oct 2013
This review is from: Scoubidou (Klutz) (Paperback)
We have had quite a few Klutz products over the years and very few of them were disappointing. I bought this set first as a present for daughter's friend. Then my (8 year old) daughter demanded one too - as they do - and I bought a similar product from another company, but it was not particularly good. There were hardly any instructions and the actual cords were rather stiff. So we had to buy a Klutz one and it has been non-stop fun for quite a few days. The instructions are clear, there are many weaving techniques and tips to choose from, the cords are nice and flexible and have bright colours. Some accessories are also provided to turn the final product into bracelets/keyrings etc. We will soon run out of them though so am now looking for a refill...

THE SOUND OF MUSIC BIG-NOTE PIANO PVG BOOK
THE SOUND OF MUSIC BIG-NOTE PIANO PVG BOOK
by Various
Price: 7.53

5.0 out of 5 stars Ticks all boxes, 30 Aug 2013
Well presented, nice quality book. I got it for my daughter who is about grade 1, and she has to struggle to learn the music which was the point of buying the book.

Panasonic KX-TG8564EB Quad Corldess DECT Telephone set with Colour screen and Answer Machine.
Offered by elevenfirst
Price: 118.98

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but not excellent, 30 Aug 2013
As many other reviewers, I agree that Panasonic could have put a bit more effort into these phones. Generally they are quite good and I will not repeat other reviewers. We have no problems with the volume, I can easily hear the phone ringing from another floor in our house.

My particular complaints are:

(1) The "barge-in" option - one should be able to switch it off. If I am on the phone, anybody else can pick up another receiver and listen in. I do not have secrets from my family but get exasperated when my 8-year old daughter starts talking to me while I am on the phone with my bank, or want to discuss her Christmas presents quietly with her aunt.

(2) The (shared) phone book is rather slow. Takes ages to load.

(3) One has to remember to use "save" option from the list when entering new contacts, and in some other menus. This is not intuitive as normally you expect save option to be associated with one of the "context menu" buttons, not scroll down to select it from the list.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 30, 2013 10:53 PM BST

Ultrasport 10ft Jumper Garden Trampoline includes 4ft Safety Net
Ultrasport 10ft Jumper Garden Trampoline includes 4ft Safety Net
Price: 183.22

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, gets kids out of the house, 30 Aug 2013
We put this trampoline together with my husband. Since I was the one reading the instructions I got it wrong the first time (just did not read far enough :) ), but after we re-read it all carefully we put the springs in place with no difficulty.

Excellent item. The size is just sufficient for my 8-year old to do a front flip. Plenty of space for 2 or 3 8-year olds to bounce around to their heart contents. It started creaking very soon so now we always know when our daughter is in the garden :) The creaking is not particularly annoying and does not affect the bounce.

Safety net is good apart from the fact the stitches came undone in the first few days on the "clips" holding the door together and at the end of the zip. I have used a needle and thick thread to put it all back together and have not had any problems since.

We did not buy a ladder, but the height is Ok for 7-8 year olds to climb on.

Finally, my daughter and her friends can move the trampoline around the garden (when they want to peek into neighbour's gardens). I and my husband move it without difficulty when we need to maw the lawn.

3 Tier Revolving Shoe tree Chrome
3 Tier Revolving Shoe tree Chrome

4.0 out of 5 stars A bit flimsy but does the trick, 30 Aug 2013
We have a very small hall in our new-build house and this is was an excellent solution. Does what it says on the tin - we store our every-day use shoes on it and it takes very little space. All our visitors admire it in terms of usage of space. On the minus side it is a bit flimsy and tends to lean to one side. We have to give it a twist on the top regularly to make sure it does not fall apart. Also wide shoes (like my husband's shoes or daughter's fluffy slippers) fit with difficulty (but do fit!). Generally very happy with the product.

5 Star Flipchart Easel with W670xH990mm Board W700xD82xH1900mm - Black Trim
5 Star Flipchart Easel with W670xH990mm Board W700xD82xH1900mm - Black Trim
Offered by Ideal Office Supplies Ltd
Price: 30.05

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, light but robust, 21 Dec 2012
Agree with most previous reviewers. The easel was easy to put together, is very light and quite a good quality. Steady enough unless you happen to trip on its legs (which I do occasionally but it still stays upright). Leg height easily adjusted. Highly recommend.

Aqua Beads Star Case Duo
Aqua Beads Star Case Duo

5.0 out of 5 stars Well presented and fun, 21 Dec 2012
This review is from: Aqua Beads Star Case Duo (Toy)
My 7 year old daughter loves aquabeads and I was looking for a bigger set for her as she runs out of beads very quickly. Although this set contains more beads than average, it is still not nearly enough (e.g. she run out of blue beads in the first hour). On the other hand, the accessories are very good. Two boxes are extremely useful as the beads from our previous sets did their best to spread all over the house. Generally aquabeads are a good alternative to Hama beads, and a compromise between child's craving for mess and parents craving for tidiness :) Little spray with water cannot do much damage but still is fun to use (and to spray on clothes, floor, table, parents etc). The resulting product is not always very robust (some of my daughter's creations fell apart) but good enough.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4