Profile for Ms Hart > Reviews

Finding Your Own North Star: How to claim the life you were meant to live
Finding Your Own North Star: How to claim the life you were meant to live
by Martha Beck
Price: 6.99

4.0 out of 5 stars A practical aid to change your life for the better, 28 Sep 2010
What makes this book so readable is Martha Beck's sense of humour. This is serious stuff with sudonyms for her very real clients, but she manages to interject the book with light relief, throwing back all boundaries with her outrageous meanderings. The book is dotted with worksheets to start changing your life's direction to follow your dream (North Star). The author goes into detail about the feelings that may accommpany major changes in your life and warns that they do not necessarily mean that your have made a wrong turn or wrong decision. The author brings her own life's journey into the book to show how the unexpected events that come into your life can be disastrous and wonderful all at the same time. I found it to be a good and entertaining read and though I did not do all the exercises, I will be coming back to them as a way of identifying my own 'blocks' or 'obstacles' that keep me from seeing the direction I could be going in to start my journey to my own North Star. I would recommend this book for people who are stuck in a rut and want to move forward with their lives.