Profile for Dave Robicheaux > Reviews

Content by Dave Robicheaux

Dave Robicheaux (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
iMobi Accessories Doro PhoneEasy 506 Black High Quality PU Leather Pull Tab Case Cover Pouch
Offered by iMobi Accessories

5.0 out of 5 stars Great phone cover helpful pull out tab, 16 Jun. 2014
Includes a tab to aid pulling the phone out of the cover. This is great for those getting lees dexterous with age.

Plain Leather Belt - Black or Tan - Sizes: 30" - 46" - Smooth Grain Coated Leather Finish (38" - 42", Black)
Offered by The Rock Collection

5.0 out of 5 stars Best belt I've ever owned!, 4 Dec. 2013
This really is the best belt I've ever owned. Most belts I've owned seem to be laminated and they fail when the layers come apart.

It is a no frills belt. That is the buckle is plain and the belt leather only has a stitch design along the edges.

I've worn the belt nearly every day for a year (purchased December 2012) and it only shows slight wear in the hole I've always used.

I have however lost weight over the year and have just (4th December 2013) drilled a couple of extra holes to hold my trousers up properly!

I measured the belt holes which are from 38" to 44" so I guess the lesson to learn is if you may lose weight then buy a belt where your waist measurement is in the middle of the range.

Also note that the belt was bought as 38" to 42" but actually measures 38" to 44" i.e. 6 holes 1" apart. I notice the sizing choices on the item have changed since I bought it.

BT Duet 20 Telephone - Chalk White
BT Duet 20 Telephone - Chalk White

2.0 out of 5 stars On hook/off hook broke after 16 months, 25 April 2013
Purchased in December 2011 this phone seemed to be the best we had purchased. The phone seems to be well constructed and solid. Mounted on the wall it hangs very well and has never fallen off the cradle. This has been a problem with previous phones.

However after 16 months use, the on hook/off hook button broke and just rattles around inside. I would say the use is light, maybe one call a day.

This failure which several other reviewers have reported makes this a short term prospect! It was out of 12 months warranty so we had to purchase a replacement.

LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean (Wii)
LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean (Wii)
Offered by APE-GAMES

5.0 out of 5 stars Lego Pirates of the Caribbean - what a fantastic game., 21 Mar. 2013
Purchased for the kids (8 and 13) for Christmas 2012 they both and I love playing it. We have all got to 100% - that is we have achieved all the levels and found all the characters and mini-kits (ships in bottles). This took us about two months to complete including many hours played by me in the evenings on my `Slot'. So it is very good value for money.
My son just loves going into it sometimes to play around in the port and have a few good sword/gun fights. He also loves the 20 ships that you can get in the port once you have found all the mini-kits in the chapters.
The other Wii games are hardly getting a look in now we have this and another Lego game.
There is lots of problem solving to do to get through the levels and earn mini-kits. My son whose 8 needs some help to figure things out but my daughter 13 takes pride in working it all out herself. Personally I can spend ages doing the wrong thing and then feel foolish I didn't see the actual solution quicker!
The Lego characters have their own traits and we have had several funny moments in the house where the kids imitate the way the characters behave in the game. Having re-watched the films these traits can all be seen there.

Tips for the beginner:
1) You need to complete the first game which has several stages in order to see the full expanse of the game. This first game is in-fact the first chapter of 5 from the first film. Some reviewers have said they had to keep having to replay the same scene (the Blacksmiths). This is because they haven't completed this first chapter.
2) Smash everything you can to get studs and often reveal an obscured item which you need.
3) Use Jack Sparrow's compass in every arena and find all the things that are shown on it.
4) Purchase red hats in the port area as these will help you earn treasure more quickly and do a host of other things. Spend your hard earned treasure wisely though!
5) Once you have red hats make sure that you turn them on through Extras on the `+' menu whenever you start playing.
6) If you drop something like a torch and it disappears go back to where you originally picked it up also check you haven't left it with another character!
7) Women jump higher than men.
8) As you get further into it more things open up in the port as you earn more gold bricks.
9) There are loads of hints and tips on the `cheats' web sites but I managed to get through it all without their help though I caught my daughter on one once!
10) Once you have seen the trailers to the chapters you can press `C' to skip them on subsequent visits. Many of them are very amusing so it is well worth watching them the first time.

Still 5 stars but here are a few cons:
1) The game has frozen a few times at frantic moments of play. Whilst being extremely annoying at the time it happens infrequently enough to be easily compensated for by the overall fun playing the game. I've seen this in Lego Clone Wars as well but not as frequently so far. You can reboot by holding the power button in for several seconds rather than having to switch off at the wall either way you lose everything since the last save icon was displayed.
2) Characters can get stuck between objects this is normally solved by switching to another character or dropping that remote out. Assuming they aren't critical to completing the scene they release themselves to the next level when you move on.
3) When playing on your own there are one or two scenes where it is very hard to complete without two remotes but it is normally possible. Normally when playing on your own the other characters follow you around and follow your lead of how to solve a problem. If they don't follow you make sure that they have the ability to do so if they don't switch and help them across or swap their character.
4) The split screen with two players can be annoying but the benefit is that it can be fun working together to solve the levels and get treasure.
5) Treasure goes mad once you have several red hat multipliers. We got into tens of billions which is impossible to spend! Lego Star Wars - The Clone Wars LEGO Star Wars 3: The Clone Wars (Wii) appears to have solved this problem by making the red bricks more expensive.
6) I agree with some other reviewers that some chapters especially one called `Isla de Muerta' at the end of the first film are gloomy. You can turn the brightness up using Options which helps to a certain extent. On the other hand this level turns out to be one of the best when searching out mini-kits.

Overall it is a fantastic game and the price has dropped over the last year or so it is well worth buying.
We bought the Pirates of the Caribbean DVD box set Pirates of the Caribbean 1-4 Box Set [DVD] after playing this game and are thoroughly enjoying watching them all again and seeing all the bits that tie into the game.

10 Moreinks Compatible Printer Ink Cartridges to replace Canon CLI-526 / PGI-525 - Cyan / Magenta / Yellow / Black
Offered by More Inks

5.0 out of 5 stars PGI-525BK / CLI-526 compatible by moreinks, 18 Mar. 2013
Used for a Canon MG 5150.

We have purchased 3 or 4 sets of replacement cartridges from 'moreinks' through Amazon and are very happy with their quality. My partner makes greeting cards as a hobby and uses the printer to print backgrounds.

The chipping works well with the printer and indicates correctly when the ink is running out.

Always remember to remove the yellow strip of plastic from the top of the cartridges which says 'Pull' to allow the ink to flow through. I forgot once and luckily figured out why the printout colour was wrong.

Very pleased that we can afford to use our printer! The cost of the printer manufacturer cartridges is prohibitive two packs and you've spent enough to buy another printer!

Legowear Long Sleve Top | Boys Lego Wear Top | Ninjago | Age 8
Legowear Long Sleve Top | Boys Lego Wear Top | Ninjago | Age 8

5.0 out of 5 stars Smart Ninjago shirt - removable hood., 8 Mar. 2013
My son who's 8 loves Lego Ninjago so this was a great present for Christmas.

It is a well made and looks smart.

The hood is detachable which is a very good idea.

If you are looking for Ninjago presents we also purchased a bottle which he likes: Lego Ninjago Alloy Drinks Bottle

Lego Ninjago Alloy Drinks Bottle
Lego Ninjago Alloy Drinks Bottle

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Lego Ninjago lunch bag bottle., 8 Mar. 2013
My son who's 8 loves Lego Ninjago so this was a must for Christmas.

It is a well made bottle and being made of metal (except the lid) saves worrying about the health effects of keeping water in chemically smelling plastic bottles.

The first day of use there was a lot of water in the lunch bag when he got home. The reason for this was the mechanism on the lid needs to be twisted open and closed. He had left it open. However after telling him once that he should close it before putting it away he has done it every time since so no more leaks.

I would thoroughly recommend this product.

If you are looking for Ninjago presents we also purchased a shirt which he likes: Legowear Long Sleve Top | Boys Lego Wear Top | Ninjago | From Ages 4 to 12

Duracell MN1500 Plus Power Batteries, Size AA (Pack of 32)
Duracell MN1500 Plus Power Batteries, Size AA (Pack of 32)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent batteries., 8 Mar. 2013
Having purchased a Wii a few months ago we need AA batteries for the remotes. These last a week or two, with several hours playing a day.

Packaging was as shown in the product photograph.

I now try to buy batteries only online as they are exorbitantly priced in the shops. It is also very hard to find anything out of the ordinary in stores.

I must admit that when shopping online I stick with well known makes like Duracell and Panasonic to be more sure that I'm getting the genuine article.

No.2 Plate Hanger
No.2 Plate Hanger
Offered by GiftCompany

5.0 out of 5 stars Good plate hanger., 8 Mar. 2013
This review is from: No.2 Plate Hanger (Toy)
Purchased to hang a commemorative plate.

My Dad hung the plate with it and says that it holds the plate well and was easy to fit.

Duracell 377 SR626SW SB-AW AG4 1.55v Silver Oxide Watch Battery
Duracell 377 SR626SW SB-AW AG4 1.55v Silver Oxide Watch Battery
Offered by Gadgets Hut UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent watch battery., 8 Mar. 2013
Purchased this for my daughter's watch which had stopped running. Much cheaper than buying a new watch!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6