Profile for Ian > Reviews

3 Pin Mini Din Line Plug, Black
Offered by UKDJ - DFB Sound & Light Warehouse Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars it is what it is, 26 May 2014
This review is from: 3 Pin Mini Din Line Plug, Black
These plugs are not easy to get hold of, but if you need one then this is as good as any. It arrived quickly. I haven't yet soldered it up and tried it out.

Perfect 2 Way HDMI SPLITTER BOX 1x2 Port for SKY HD / PS3 / Xbox 360 Elite / Virgin + / Blu-ray player / DVD / HD Camcorder / HTPC / Laptop / Free satellite HD etc
Offered by ForPower(aLLreli TM)

2.0 out of 5 stars Comes with US-style mains adaptor; not compatible with DVI, 26 May 2014
I didn't realise until after I had ordered it, but this item is shipped direct from China. I think this is probably why the mains adaptor had a US-style plug rather than a standard 3-pin British plug. When I raised this with the seller I was told that they could not change it for a UK one. I finally found a shaving adaptor that would take it.

But unfortunately this was all in vain, because when I connected it to the DVI input on a 15" flat screen monitor using a regular HDMI to DVI cable it failed to show any picture at all. The other output, to the HDMI input of a projector was fine. I have since discovered that not all HDMI splitters support DVI; some do and some don't. Apparently this is one that doesn't.

White Compact Corner Vanity Unit Bathroom Furniture Sink Cabinet Ceramic 570 X 400
Offered by Bathroom Shop

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent space-saving unit, 11 May 2014
This is perfect for our narrow downstairs cloakroom.

You might like to know that the pipes need to come up on the left-hand wall, because that is the side that is open at the back.

BARGAINS DIRECT NEW UNIVERSAL FIT CHROME SILVER DUAL FLUSH TOILET LOO LAVATORY PUSH RODS BUTTONS - FOR ARMITAGE SHANKS - TWYFORDS - IDEAL STANDARD - SIAMP - WIRQUIN - ROCA - VILLEROY & AND BOCH - GEBERIT - B&Q - FREE POSTAGE!
Offered by Bargains*Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than the original, 11 May 2014
This works well and was easy to fit. One bonus over the original is that it attaches only to the cistern lid, so taking the lid off no longer requires the fiddly procedure of levering one then the other button off with a screwdriver.

XLR Multicore 15m 8/4
XLR Multicore 15m 8/4
Offered by Simply Sound Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value, 11 May 2014
This is a budget product, but we haven't found anything wrong with it. We're using it in a fixed installation, so it isn't subject to any real abuse, but it seems sturdy enough. A good purchase.

Patuoxun® 1080P HDMI TO VGA Cable Adapter for PC Laptop Power-Free, Raspberry Pi, MHL support
Offered by Patox

3.0 out of 5 stars Not compatible with all monitors, 11 May 2014
While this worked fine on the VGA input of our 2 year old television, it failed to work at all with four out of a selection of five somewhat elderly flat-screen monitors of various makes and models. With the fifth it worked intermittently at 1280x1024, but not at all at 1024x786. Very peculiar. I'm guessing that the older monitors draw more current from their VGA inputs than this adaptor is capable of supplying, and perhaps this even depends on the resolution setting.

The seller wasn't keen on me returning it for a full refund because they are based in China (something I was not aware of when I bought it). To their credit they offered me a 50% refund and said not to bother sending it back, which I have accepted.

Since then the seller has suggested to me that the adaptor I received might be faulty and has asked me if I would remove this review in return for a refund of the other 50%. Frankly I'm not all that bothered over £3, so I'll just note here that I might have had a dud and other people have had more success with this item.

KabelDirekt 20m white Top Series High Speed HDMI Cable with Ethernet 1.4a / 2.0 supports Full HD / Ultra HD 3D ARC
Offered by KabelDirekt

5.0 out of 5 stars Crystal clear image, 15 April 2014
I used this 20m cable to connect a PC to a DLP projector, each at opposite ends of our chapel building. The cable is quite thick and heavy, which suggests good quality, and the picture is clear without any visible glitches. The only minor issue is that the weight of the cable puts a bit of strain on the plug; it would probably be better if it had right-angle connectors, especially at the projector end where the cable hangs downwards over a metre to the floor.

45W 60W & 85W AC Power Adapter DC Repair Cord " L " Connector for apple MacBook Pro

5.0 out of 5 stars Good alternative to a new power supply, 15 April 2014
Opening the power supply is quite difficult, but as it happens I had previously cracked it open to make a repair where the cable had frayed on entry to the box. So this time when the spring-loaded pins on the plug failed it was easy and just replacing the cable was the obvious best option.

You need to be happy levering open the plastic box and wielding a soldering iron.

Klipsch Image S4 Enhanced Bass Dynamic In-Ear Headphones - White
Klipsch Image S4 Enhanced Bass Dynamic In-Ear Headphones - White

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for small ears, 14 Jun 2013
I have really small ear canals (something like 3 to 4 mm) and I've always found other in-ear headphones hard to get in and rather uncomfortable, especially for more than half an hour or so. These just about fit in my ears with the smallest tips and I can wear them for over an hour without discomfort. People who complain that they fall out too easily probably have much larger ear canals than me.

The sound is good, albeit a bit bass-heavy. There is much less hiss than with my previous in-ear headphones, which I suspect indicates better impedance matching with my MP3 player.

Shaving heads HQ8 HQ9 HQ177, new, alternative and suitable (fits) for Philips / Norelco shavers
Offered by shaver-parts

4.0 out of 5 stars Much better value than the Philips cutters, 14 Jun 2013
At something like half the price of the Philips version I can forgive this for being a little less smooth against my face. There's nothing wrong with the cut though.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3