Profile for orderd29 > Reviews

Content by orderd29

orderd29 (Leicester, UK)

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great keyboard, 14 Feb. 2014
Like many others, I bought this for the back light feature and didn't expect anything particularly special when it cost less than a tenner. I'm happy to say I was completely wrong as it really is a great keyboard. The photographs tend to make it look like there's quite a lot of overspill lighting between the keys but this isn't the case at all. The glow is at a nice level and shows up only what it is supposed to. The keyboard itself has a nice layout and is surprisingly compact and sleek. The keys themselves are nice and responsive, not being too soft or too 'clicky' and the extra short-cut buttons on the top are an added bonus on a keyboard at this price. I was worried that it might feel like a cheap entry level keyboard but there's nothing about it that gives that impression as the build quality is better than some at two or three times the price.
I'm quite picky when it comes to keyboards and have to have something that feels right underneath my fingers and this ticks all the boxes for me. If it didn't have the back light feature I would still recommend it as a great keyboard. The fact that it does makes it an absolute steal at this price.

Xcut Cornered Punch-
Xcut Cornered Punch-
Offered by supermart USA

4.0 out of 5 stars The low price doesn't mean low quality - far from it., 3 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Xcut Cornered Punch- (Misc.)
I needed a corner rounder for a specific project and so spent quite a bit of time looking at the different brands and buyer feedback before spending any money. Even though this seems to be one of the cheapest on offer, the quality is great. The cut itself if crisp and clean leaving a perfect rounded finish with no frays or other indentations around the cut.
I will certainly be looking for the brand name next time I need something in the arts and crafts department.

Martin (2 Disc Special Edition) [1977] [DVD]
Martin (2 Disc Special Edition) [1977] [DVD]
Dvd ~ John Amplas
Offered by HI-DE-HI

4.0 out of 5 stars Slightly misleading, 3 May 2006
I consider Martin to be one of Romero's greatest films and so was excited when this 2 disc edition came out however, whilst there is nothing wrong with this release, it promises more than it gives.

The picture quality on the feature disc is excellent, very well cleaned up although I'm not sure if the widescreen ratio cuts off some of the original framing (I believe that to be the case). When you consider how low budget the original feature was the image quality they've managed to get is commendable. I noticed an improvement over the previous Arrow Films release, anyway.

Where the package falls down is with the second disc. There is a good recounting documentary featuring key players which is interesting to watch, but this only lasts about 20 minutes. The other extras are theatrical trailers, TV spots, radio spots etc. Basically, my main gripe is that when you advertise something as a 2 disc special edition, you expect the second disc to include more than just some extras that could have easily been included on one disc and that don't really expand on the previous one disc version released a year or two earlier by the same company (apart from the 20 minute documentary). I'm not sure whether the audio commentary on the main feature is new or not, but that too is very interesting to hear for fans of the film.

When push comes to shove, you are buying a fine copy of a fantastic movie with this purchase, just don't expect quite as many bonuses as you would imagine a two disc special to contain.