Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Amazon Customer

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Another Life: Escape to Cornwall for a gripping summer read
Another Life: Escape to Cornwall for a gripping summer read

5.0 out of 5 stars I really loved his book and couldn't put it down, 1 April 2016
I really loved his book and couldn't put it down. I was captivated by the characters and wanted to find out what happened to them - sharing their highs and their lows & even their tears. Several days on I'm still thinking about the characters and don't want to let them go. That doesn't often happen to me. An excellent book that I'd highly recommend.

Gilded Splendour
Gilded Splendour

5.0 out of 5 stars Yet another wonderful read by Rosalind Laker, 25 Feb. 2016
This review is from: Gilded Splendour (Kindle Edition)
. Rosalind Laker is one of my favourite authors. I've loved every one of her books that I've read & love that they're coming out in Kindle format. This book was new to me & I read it in a day. There were many other things I should have been doing, but I just couldn't put it down. Thoroughly enjoyable.

I keep checking back regularly to see if any new Kindle versions have been added. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for some of my favourites from her - The Venitian Mask, The Sugar Pavilion & Banners of Silk.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but with some drawbacks, 5 July 2013
I've had an ongoing problem with excessive sweating since I was a teenager & have tried all sorts of treatments including Driclor & 'long lasting' antiperspirants. None have done the trick as each have drawbacks (the 'long lasting' doesn't seem to be strong enough & the Driclor causes me irritation at times). I often end up resorting to stick on dress shields as sweat patches still show expecially on my work shirts.

I was keen to try the Sure Maximum Protection as part of a free product testing scheme from Sure. Trying new things is always good & if it solved my problems I'd be very happy.

I've had a mixed experience with the Sure Maximum Protection. The Everyday Fresh fragrance wasn't my favourite. I personally preferred the Confidence and Sensitive versions I tried with my Buzz vouchers.

The Sure Maximum Protection was easy to apply. All it needed was to apply it as you went to bed & wash it off in the morning. I found it didn't irritate like some of the others I've tried so that was a big positive. After a few nights of applying I did find my sweating reduced, but it never got to a stage where it stopped & got to a manageable level.

I tried the suggestion on the packet of applying it during the day. This increased my protection but had the negative effect of build up of sticky residue on the underarms of my clothes which was difficult to wash off so I have only used this with caution.

Positives:
- reduces excessive sweating
- easy to apply
- non irritating
- nice smells available

Negatives:
- didn't completely control my excessive sweating
- leaves residue on clothes if used during the day
- sticky to wash off

Conclusion:
I will continue to buy Sure Maximum Protection as it does reduce my sweating a bit & is easy to apply, but I will be aware of the negatives when I use it & in particular be careful about using it during the day to reduce the risk of damage to my clothes

The Prince of Egypt
The Prince of Egypt

5.0 out of 5 stars Great soundtrack, 17 Jun. 2013
This review is from: The Prince of Egypt (Audio CD)
I've always loved The Prince of Egypt & am loving owning the soundtrack. A great range of catchy songs. I find myself singing along

Anker® 2 x 1600mAh Li-ion Batteries for HTC Desire Z, Desire S, Incredible 2, Incredible S, Salsa, EVO Design 4G, with Anker® Travel Charger [18-Month Warranty]

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the Job, 17 Jun. 2013
Does the job with my HTC Desire S. I'm not sure it massively increases the longevity, but they work well and that's what matters

The Jigsaw Man
The Jigsaw Man

5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating, 17 Jun. 2013
This review is from: The Jigsaw Man (Kindle Edition)
It sounds strange to say that a book dealing with such an appalling subject can be a favourite read, but Paul Britton writes so well & in such an interesting way that it's become that to me. I owned this in paperback & have now replaced it in Kindle format. It's fascinating reading how Britton became involved in the field of forensic psychology as it first developed.

Secrets of the Conqueror: The Untold Story of Britain's Most Famous Submarine
Secrets of the Conqueror: The Untold Story of Britain's Most Famous Submarine

4.0 out of 5 stars An interesting read, 17 Jun. 2013
I knew a few things about the Conqueror but nothing in any detail as I was only young when it happened. This book was a really interesting read. I agree with the other reviews that state it seems to be in 3 sections & I found the indepth political details a bit hard going, but I enjoyed the book. I'd recommend it.

The Voyage of the Dawn Treader (The Chronicles of Narnia, Book 5)
The Voyage of the Dawn Treader (The Chronicles of Narnia, Book 5)

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant book, 17 Jun. 2013
I love this book as much as an adult as I did as a child. A wonderful read - I'd recommend it to anyone x

Circle of Pearls
Circle of Pearls

5.0 out of 5 stars An old favourite - great to have it in Kindle, 17 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Circle of Pearls (Kindle Edition)
This is an old favourite of mine so I was delighted to see it available for the Kindle. I love Rosalind Laker's books & get caught up with the characters even when I read them over and over. I'm looking forward to more of my favourite Rosalind Laker books appearing in the Kindle Store

E45 250ml Nourish and Restore Lightly Fragranced Body Lotion
E45 250ml Nourish and Restore Lightly Fragranced Body Lotion
Offered by Your247Chemist

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely Effective Moisturising Lotion, 7 May 2013
I'd heard of the E45 brand and used some of their products in the past, but not tried their lotion. I have quite sensitive skin and often react to skin lotions but I felt confident trying the E45 Nourish and Restore Lotion as I know E45 have a reputation for creating products for people with sensitive skin.

My expectations were correct - I had no reaction or irritation at all. I found the lotion easy to apply. I did find it slightly greasy to apply & washed my hands afterwards, but it soaked into my skin quickly & left no long lasting greasy finish. The fragrance is very subtle and I liked it.

I'm pleased with the results. My skin feels softer, more flexible and less itchy. I don't use the E45 Nourish and Restore Lotion every day (I'm not that organised), but do use it regularly and would recommend it to other people.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4