Profile for A. Proudfoot > Reviews

Content by A. Proudfoot

A. Proudfoot

JSM C5000 BLACK SIM FREE 2GB Mobile Phone WiFi enabled Analogue TV UNLOCKED QUADBAND JAVA TOUCHSCREEN MOBILE PHONE DUAL SIM DUAL STANDBY - FREE 2GB MEMORY CARD ( does NOT work on 3 network)

1.0 out of 5 stars Be very wary, 1 Sep 2010
For this price don't expect something wonderful - you wont get it. At first I thought was okay for the money, and just had teething troubles, but actually it's truly awful. Maybe I just got a dud.

First off, my old Pay as You Go T-mobile SIM didn't work in this phone (it was read okay but wouldn't connect to network). I bought a new Orange SIM and seemed to work first time (I had a text from Orange). No such luck. Most of the time, even when signal was showing four or 5 bars the phone still displayed 'Emergency'. At one point I had two sims in on four bars and five bars respectively and both showed emergency.
I spent a small fortune sending test texts to myself which wouldn't send (even when not showing emergency, and a colleague sent me one which took two days to arrive.

No use trying to connect to the internet. Even if the sim was not on Emergency Orange don't know the settings for this phone.

The screen is a little difficult to view in bright daylight.

The 'slide off' doesn't always register first time and I have to give it a few goes.

There is no way the camera is the 12.1 mega pixels it says on the casing. I doubt it's even 1 mp frankly. The picture quality is truly shocking.

The manual is appallingly translated from Chinese. Half of it makes no sense at all.

The cherry on the cake is I have emailed the company nearly two weeks ago and not had so much as an acknowledgement. As a phone it is entirely useless and completely unfit for purpose. I have had to buy an LG Cookie in the meantime which works a treat.

The Devil You and Me
The Devil You and Me

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant - But where's the video?, 28 April 2009
This review is from: The Devil You and Me (Audio CD)
Yes, this is brilliant. It's sufficiently different from Neon Golden so as not to bear too close a comparison. It's a real grower. Many of the tracks seem to start out a little weak, but build to something wonderful which you just don't want to end (but they do). I need a few more listens but so far the stand-out tracks are Good Lies, Gloomy Planets, On Planet Off, Boneless and Hands on Us.
My only gripe - and hence why not the full 5 stars the music deserves - is that this CD comes with a little label on the front proclaiming it to be 'Limited Deluxe Edition' including 'Where in this World' video... only there is no video included. Not anywhere. Now then, you can watch the video on the Notwist website so it's not the end of the world but it's just a little disappointing that it's not on the disk as promised.