Profile for Eco-biker > Reviews

Bike or Bicycle Seat Clamp Quick Release Skewer M6 Blue
Bike or Bicycle Seat Clamp Quick Release Skewer M6 Blue
Offered by Black Dog Bikes

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent product!!, 3 July 2015
I bought the 6mm version. This is an excellent product which I have used to replace the existing seat post clamp bolt (which requires Allen keys to readjust) so that if anyone wants to borrow my bike it is very easy to readjust the saddle without using any tools.

Note that on the item I bought the main bolt was 6mm and, importantly, the sleeved washers had a diameter of 8mm which made a perfect fit for my bike's seat post clamp. Very pleased with my purchase also several colours are available.

ETC 24-700C P/Stand Alloy Adjustable withAng Heavy Duty - Silver
ETC 24-700C P/Stand Alloy Adjustable withAng Heavy Duty - Silver

3.0 out of 5 stars Good stand but need the correct Allen key, 2 July 2015
The stand is VERY sturdy and when extended it is unlikely that the bike will fall over. It has a very big footprint to aid stability. Furthermore, adjustment for different frame/wheel sizes is very easy (but check your wheel size to see if it is compatible.... mine was 700c [28 inch]).

So why only 3 stars?
1) Amazon sent the wrong coloured version. I ordered the silver version but a totally black one was sent. I kept it as I couldn't be bothered to go through the return and re-ordering procedures. It looks ok on the bike.
2) This is more important. The fixing bolt has an Allen key head. None of my metric Allen keys fitted. 7mm was too small and 8mm was too large. There are no fitting instructions and I suspect that the Allen key required is 'imperial' (probably 5/16 inches). Luckily, I managed to swap the bolt for the existing bolt on the stand that I was replacing. This had a hexagonal head so I had a spanner to fit.

Despite the latter point I think that this is a very good, sturdy and easily adjustable stand.

Velo Plush Bike Seat Saddle 6146E Extra Wide and  Comfort - Black, 25.8 x 21.4cm
Velo Plush Bike Seat Saddle 6146E Extra Wide and Comfort - Black, 25.8 x 21.4cm

5.0 out of 5 stars Very comfortable! Easy to fit on existing seat-post, 1 July 2015
Very comfortable! Easy to fit on existing seat-post. It appears not to be a 'gel' saddle but it is very comfortable and, importantly, has incorporated elastomer suspension to adsorb bumps when cycling.

Schwalbe Land Cruiser 700X40C Tyre with Puncture Protection 730g (44-622) - Black
Offered by Service Champions

4.0 out of 5 stars Appears to be a well built tyre with level 3 ..., 30 Jun. 2015
Appears to be a well built tyre with level 3 puncture protection. I bought this tyre to replace my existing road tyres as I want to use the bike on both road and cycle track. If you are only going to use your bike on road then go for the 'Road Cruiser' version which also has puncture protection. My awarding of 4 stars is purely provisional as I have as yet to put the tyre through its paces.

Beto Mini Pump CMP-008 - 2 Way Alloy RVS Head With Gauge
Beto Mini Pump CMP-008 - 2 Way Alloy RVS Head With Gauge

4.0 out of 5 stars the conversion from Schrader to Presta valves and vice versa is well illustrated and is very easy to do (it just takes a few sec, 30 Jun. 2015
The product was delivered in less than 24 hours using Amazon Prime. I haven't had the need yet to check out the pressure the pump will deliver (hence the provisional 4 star). The instructions for fitting and use are clearly shown on the card attached to the pump. Particularly, the conversion from Schrader to Presta valves and vice versa is well illustrated and is very easy to do (it just takes a few seconds to do).

SKS P35 Chromoplastic Bicycle Fender Set (700c x 20-28 Tires, Silver)
SKS P35 Chromoplastic Bicycle Fender Set (700c x 20-28 Tires, Silver)

5.0 out of 5 stars Be patient when fitting!!, 21 Jun. 2015
Excellent mudguards, very sturdy fit and includes all fittings (bolts, nuts etc). Mudguards are a plastic/aluminium laminate and look great on the bike as well as offering protection from splatter when cycling in the rain.

As previous folks have said: fitting these is not a ten minute job! So be patient, follow the instructions and you should be pleased with the result.

A few tips:

First, work out how the black end-caps fit (it took me a while to decipher the picture on the instruction sheet). There is only one way they can fit on the brackets attached to the mudguards.

You may have to trim the stays. As suggested use a hacksaw but do not cut too much off.

Don't tighten the fittings until you are ready for the final adjustment and alignment.

Remember to re-centralise you brakes when tightening the brake fixing nuts and bolts (to which both mudguards are attached) - to do this I found it useful to apply the brake handles whilst tightening the nuts.

Zefal Dooback Right Mirror - Black, Large
Zefal Dooback Right Mirror - Black, Large

3.0 out of 5 stars Very good service from the supplier, 3 Jun. 2015
Very good service from the supplier. This is a relatively large cycle mirror. Fixing it is very straightforward; it gives a good field of view and is very steady with no vibration other than that from the bike. Why it only got 3 stars is that the quality of the reflective surface is rather poor (it is rather 'bumpy'). I have different Zefal mirrors on my other bikes and the quality of the reflected image is very good but not in this case. Perhaps the manufacturer could explain why or, better still, improve it. If it had the reflective quality of my other Zefal mirrors I would have awarded 5 stars.

Raleigh GDL200 Front V Brake Reflector - White
Raleigh GDL200 Front V Brake Reflector - White

5.0 out of 5 stars ... design as shown on-line but in fact it is better! The bracket that is included allows the reflector ..., 11 Mar. 2015
Not quite the design as shown on-line but in fact it is better! The bracket that is included allows the reflector to extend forward and beyond all brake/gear cables thus it is much more effective. Perhaps Raleigh need to update the photo for this product.

Rear Wire Rack Fit Basket
Rear Wire Rack Fit Basket

5.0 out of 5 stars This is an excellent, good-for-value product, 17 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Rear Wire Rack Fit Basket (Sports)
This is an excellent, good-for-value product. It is sturdy but not heavy. It was very easy to fit to the rear pannier on my folding e-bike. All the fittings were included and the bolts provided were plenty long enough (perhaps the manufacturers have responded to previous buyers' comments!). It is big enough to hold one or two bags of shopping but not too huge to look unsightly. Probably it is worthwhile buying a cargo-net or some bungees to keep your shopping secured on the way home - especially if you have speed-humps to ride over, as I do. As other buyers have done, I have attached a rear light/reflector (see my other reviews) to the back end of the basket as it would obscure the light in its original position (you may need a backplate to do this - luckily I had a spare). Overall, a great product worthy of five stars.

Sport DirectTM Bicycle Bike Cycle Pannier Rear Light 3 LED's Conforms to BS and German Road Traffic Standards
Offered by Sports4ever

5.0 out of 5 stars Combination reflector/rear light. Fixing bolts can be adjusted to 5cm distance., 4 Feb. 2015
This rear light/reflector combination is excellent for fixing to a pannier. My recently purchased electric bike (a Dillenger 'Cheetah' 16" portable - also very good value for money!) only came with a rear reflector on the pannier. This item replaces the reflector and provides continuous rear lighting, when required (which, from what I understand, is an UK legal requirement). The reflector surface area is as large as the original fitted to the bike.

One other 'plus': the light is packaged with the fixing bolts at 8cm distance. What the on-line details did not say is that this is very easily adjusted to 5cm distance, which is what I needed for my particular pannier. There are extra punch-out holes in the light's base that enable this adjustment and it only took me a couple of minutes to do.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4