Profile for Mr. S. O. Donnell > Reviews

Content by Mr. S. O. Donnell

Mr. S. O. Donnell (London, England)

Archos 105 2GB Portable Media Player Black
Archos 105 2GB Portable Media Player Black

3.0 out of 5 stars rough and ready, 3 Jan 2008
I love this MP3 becuase its durable as hell, great battery life despite the other review. The sound pre-sets are rubbish so will best set it yourself. If you want a simple mp3 there are better options on the market, but I really have no problems with it and will not replace with anything else, I however can only recommend it to those who do not care about fashion styles and lives an active lifestyle.

Occidentalism: A Short History of Anti-Westernism
Occidentalism: A Short History of Anti-Westernism
by Ian Buruma

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for the shelf., 17 Dec 2007
I recieved this book today, and during my lunch break crammed in the first chapter before running back to my desk 8 minutes late! Im captivated.

Letters From Iwo Jima
Letters From Iwo Jima
by Kumiko Kakehashi

5.0 out of 5 stars A MUST BUY!!!, 23 Sep 2007
This review is from: Letters From Iwo Jima (Hardcover)
I came across this book only because of the movie's release. Whilst I'm openly not a fan on articles of a military nature, I was amazed that this book is purely about human emotion in times of conflict. Ms Kumiko Kakehasi san's research for her first book for me paid off no end. In some parts I truly wanted to cry from the letters that were being sent from a devoted father, loving husband and Friend of the West to his family about the massacre before him.

I can wholly recommend this to students and fans of the film alike. I know for during my studies I will refer back to this and wonder how such a sad time in history could stay so fondly in my heart.

Arigato Kakehasi san.

The Reality Vs. The Optimist
The Reality Vs. The Optimist
Price: 5.86

5.0 out of 5 stars The Most Beautiful EP Ever Endured, 31 Mar 2007
Im outstandingly lost for words the impression this band has made on me musically. This is by far my best ever discovery for 2006 and its still strong on my top five plays for the first quarter of 2007.

This is a must for all music fans!

Live At Stubb's [Limited Edition] [Australian Import]
Live At Stubb's [Limited Edition] [Australian Import]

5.0 out of 5 stars Thank you to my G-d, now I finally got it!!, 26 Nov 2005
Wow what a musical outfit!
I found out from Matisyahu when cruising the music videos for Metallica and accidentally clicked on this guy, what a blessing!! The track 'King Without A Crown' is an amazing mix of reggae, hip hop and some rock of which I instantly went to Amazon and purchased the live at stubbs album. The CD has not left my commute in my car yet as it plays effortlessly whilst im driving, this is a must buy thati cant stress enough!
I do place this collection of music (not heard anything else by him) in high esteem with my all time greats such as Jeff Buckley 'Live at Sin-e' and Jimi Hendrix as they are different artists in genre and style but for originality and pure heart felt genuius.
BUY THIS ALBUM!
Any comments? hit me on s8n_uk@hotmail.com
Sean

ByteStor 128MB USB Flash Pen Drive
ByteStor 128MB USB Flash Pen Drive

5.0 out of 5 stars A different perspective, 17 Dec 2003
I havent got a USB pen but have been thinking of getting one for ages, the reason i post this review is for those who are reading this are in the same position as me i.e probably thinking of buying one
So i give the following reasons for you to join me....
1. I have looked at most UK Shops such as Dixons, Curry's, Waitrose and wasnt really suprised to find out that all at 128mb are currently priced at 50 and for the above spec 30 is a night out!
2. You can have a small windows player with boat loads, and i mean boat loads!! of MP3's
3. The peeps above have mentioned what it can do, but may i emphises the password protection??? if it gets lost?> so what!! as long as you have copies avaliable else where its only then a test of good human spirit and lost n' found!
im off to buy mine and will look forward to floppy less, cd less new year!!

Human Resource Management
Human Resource Management
by Derek Torrington
Price: 37.99

4.0 out of 5 stars its good!!, 16 Dec 2003
The book: The book is a great utility for readers of degree level or lower to really grab an understanding of what differing topics in HR are roughly about, such as equality & opportunity within the work place or payment structures anything! a good solid book
the problem: The problem is only related to the book (kinda like a 7th cousin!) and that is to really succeed in your studies or in the workplace you must read wider range of texts as this book can only cover so much within a topic without making it too daughting!!

The Student Skills: Guide
The Student Skills: Guide
by Sue Drew

4.0 out of 5 stars In agreement with the chap above, 16 Dec 2003
I have glanced over the pages of this book and was impressed with the layout as it reviews topics such as report writing, presentations, essay writing, time management and from what i can remember (as i looked at it this afternoon) effective note taking.
This list with many others are reviewed on a basic level for beginners and then again for the reader with basic understanding of the qaulities of each topic but in a far deeper level making the reader think whilst showing the way for possible higher marks.
i recommend this book to all students not to sit and read cover to cover, but to keep with you at all times so when assingments are distributed then at least you will have a head start!!
im off to buy mine

Telecommunications and the City: Electronic Spaces, Urban Places
Telecommunications and the City: Electronic Spaces, Urban Places
by Stephen Graham
Price: 38.69

5.0 out of 5 stars What a book!, 17 Sep 2002
This book is like a bronseal advert, it does what it says on the tin. the authours have given a indepth look at life in a city in terms of communications. the reason i have now bought this book is that i have read the social and cultural impacts of communications within a city, and now want to read the rest. the authors which for me gives the book real zeal is that their writings are de-viod of utopian or distopian views and keep to real facts. im sorry my review is not of a professional nature, but i recommend this book to anyone in studies at degree level or anyone interested in the way a whole city operates purley by communications albeit internet, phone or any ohter communication. a must buy.