Profile for fwk > Reviews

fwk

Human
Human

5.0 out of 5 stars Clever, hypnotic, spinetingling brilliance, 15 July 2003
This review is from: Human (Audio CD)
I’ve waited a long time for this album….but it was definitely worth the wait!
Just when I thought I could never love another album the way I do, Beyond Skin, Nitin produces this stunning collection of songs, which will leave you in a hedonistic state of pure happiness.
This album feels more like Beyond Skin than Prophesy. Its smoother, warmer, and more intricate, taking a more layered approach than its last predecessor, Prophesy.
On first listening to the album, I thought it was good. As you continue to play it over and over, you begin to hear new sounds, melodies within melodies, and now I absolutley love it.
Standout tracks have to be all of them, but at a push if I had to choose just a few I'd say:
The River – A great opener, you’ll be tapping your toe to this one. Larderdarde’s vocals seem made for this track.
Eastern Eyes - Natasha Atlas is simply haunting on this track and suits Kevin Mark Trail’s voice perfectly. When the beat kicks in, this track takes off.
Falling – This is fantastic! Aqualung’s talents have been used brilliantly to create a truly beautiful track that lulls you into a magical musical soundscape.
Waiting (Oh mistress mine) – impeccable – my favourite. This track will have you mesmerised within the first 20 seconds.
Raag – a great instrumental number that blends that eastern vibe with a light electronica feel. Great build-ups and breakdowns.
Nitin fans won’t be disappointed, Nitin’s trademark sound, which is basically a bit of everything, is well represented on this album. He covers everything from DnB, to Jazz to electronica, mastering all, effortlessly.
If you’re new to Nitin, this is as good a place to start as any. Once you own one of his albums, you’ll be itching to add his others to your collection.