Profile for Jan Andersson > Reviews

Content by Jan Andersson

Jan Andersson

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Death At La Fenice: (Brunetti 1)
Death At La Fenice: (Brunetti 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars A happy discovery, 29 May 2016
Very well written, well plotted murder mysteries are rarer than they should be, so finding this and knowing there are many more to be enjoyed in the series is a find indeed.
I am so very tired of the detective with the tortured private life and this is so refreshingly different.
I am not easy to pleased when it comes to literature but this ticks all my boxes and I highly recommend it.
The plot is simple but engaging and a page turner without any contrivances plus a warm feeling from the way the plot is tied up at the end. Lovely

A Spool of Blue Thread
A Spool of Blue Thread

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfection, 30 Mar. 2016
She is the master of her craft and this is a beautiful book and I am sorry it is finished.
It is a story of three generations of a family and is cleverly woven and unfailingly compelling. I really recommend it.

Sweet Caress: The Many Lives of Amory Clay
Sweet Caress: The Many Lives of Amory Clay

5.0 out of 5 stars Best book I have ever read, 20 Mar. 2016
William Boyd is a wonderful writer and I cannot praise this book highly enough. He doesn't put a foot wrong. One is sometimes asked what is your favourite film or book, well this goes straight in at no 1 and I believe will remain there a long time.
Engaging from the first page, we are always left wanting to know more about her life when we reluctantly have to put the book down. The pace and interest are always held. What more can I say. I love this book.

The Good Neighbor
The Good Neighbor

1.0 out of 5 stars Sickly, poorly written and irritating, 3 Mar. 2016
This review is from: The Good Neighbor (Kindle Edition)
I bought this after Amazon sent me a push saying it was this years Gone Girl. Let me tell you it really is not. It is the jealous rambling of a very silly female mind, with a tiny mystery attached. I can't imagine who would enjoy this book or why it was ever published.

True Love (Bing Crosby & Grace Kelly)
True Love (Bing Crosby & Grace Kelly)

5.0 out of 5 stars Did well for me., 3 Mar. 2016
Really needed this for my Mothers funeral and for a few pence here it is.

Apple USB Charger Cable for iPhone 4/4S/iPod/iPad Non Retail Packaging
Apple USB Charger Cable for iPhone 4/4S/iPod/iPad Non Retail Packaging
Offered by ULTIMATE PHONESHOP

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product, 3 Mar. 2016
Very good price, does the job.

Three Ways to Capsize a Boat: An optimist afloat
Three Ways to Capsize a Boat: An optimist afloat

5.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining and well written, 28 Dec. 2015
Well written is high praise from me. I love Chris's style and subtle humour. No belly laughs but you find yourself smiling constantly as you read this book. After "Driving Over Lemons", this is my favourite of all his books. Really well worth a read, it is undemanding in a good way.
He takes you through several types of the sailing experience and makes all of them fun, although one of them would not be fun to me if I had to live through it. Chris is made of sterner stuff than I am and he always succeeds in finding the joy in everything he writes about.

Thirty Years Among the Dead
Thirty Years Among the Dead
by Carl August Wickland

3.0 out of 5 stars Worth a read if you are interested in the next world, 23 Dec. 2015
I was recommended this book by someone I respect highly but didn't personally find it very satisfying. It is a very long series of reports of spirits talking through the wife of the author. It was as one might expect quite repetitive but I was hoping for some narrative or comment or even better some conclusion. I feel quite stingy only giving it three stars and it probably relates more to my expectations than deficiencies of the book. I think it would have benefitted from some editing.

Angel Voices
Angel Voices

3.0 out of 5 stars Love Libera not this repertoire, 1 Dec. 2015
This review is from: Angel Voices (Audio CD)
I really love these boys but didn't really like the choice of music. I needed a recording of Sanctus for a particular reason and hoped I would enjoy the rest but thought it a bit banal. They have such pure voices I think the could aspire a bit higher with the repertoire

Eleven
Eleven

5.0 out of 5 stars Really loved it, 1 Dec. 2015
This review is from: Eleven (Kindle Edition)
I loved this book. I like Mark Watson and was really pleased to find he had written some books. It was well written and well judged. An easy read that I was always eager to get back to. Looking forward to reading his other books.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5