Profile for Nico Sier > Reviews

Content by Nico Sier

Nico Sier "Nico Sier" (Holland)

Genesis - In London [DVD]
Genesis - In London [DVD]
Dvd ~ Genesis
Price: 10.99

3.0 out of 5 stars A little waste to release this...., 9 Sep 2008
This review is from: Genesis - In London [DVD] (DVD)
There are not many words to describe this show at the Lyceum Ballroom in London. When the menu start you only see 'Play Concert' and 'Title Select'. So I've noticed I don't have many options so I just started the gig. The opening track 'Deep In the Motherlodge' start with a show from the (I think) far end of the building. Like an other reviewer says 'Is that Tony Banks or Mike Rutherford behind the keyboard'. To be honest while I'm writing this review I was watching the DVD. As long as they were making close shots it wasn't to bad. But this/my DVD has been brought out by MP (Masterplan). Quite an unknown company to me and so I've noticed they haven't done much for the quality. Some songs sound more powerful on the cd like the song 'Squonk'(trick of the tail). But why do I give it an 3 out of 5? I am a Genesis fan and this show is the promotion tour for the 'Duke' album (not my favorite actually) but it's still from what I call 'The Old Songs Era'. This DVD is for people/Genesis fans who don't bother much about the visual but just want to experience the music again.
Owh...and why do I get the feeling that Dobly Digital sounds just like stereo? 'MP your fired! You wasted what could be a good show'

BIG BLUE BALL (COVER OPTION 1)
BIG BLUE BALL (COVER OPTION 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Big Blue Ball - Holland, 28 Jun 2008
This is a real.... Realworld-Records item.
If you know the Peter Gabriel sound like the 'Us' album and the 'Secret World Live' cd then this cd bring that same feeling/vibe.

You'll hear songs sung by Peter Gabriel..but also from his RW-partners and guests like Sinead O'Conner and Tim Finn and the african (I guess) Papa Wemba, an also hearable sound from the 'Secret World Live' album.

The songs on the ablum are composed by many writers. Songs like 'Whole Thing' and 'Exit Through You' are the songs coming close to the Gabriel style. 'Shadow' is a song by the Papa Wemba band. A african style song that's really cheerfull (although they're not singing English)

The song 'Everything Comes from You' sung by Sinead O'Conner is a more Celtic/Japanese like sound with the flute in the background and the heavy drums beating through. 'A nice mix of mood and culture'

Although this cd was created in a weeks time. The project was in production for almost 18 years.

Big Blue Ball is a fine cd of differents sounds, cultures and moods.
Fans of the Gabriel sound will be satisfied of to purchase this disc

Nico Sier