Profile for jules > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Quilting Techniques for Beginners: Learn How to Quilt
Quilting Techniques for Beginners: Learn How to Quilt

1.0 out of 5 stars 58 Pages!, 27 May 2014
I didn't realise this was only 58 pages long. And they were web pages. I finished this in about 15 minutes. An absolute rip off for the price. I can't understand why anyone gave it any stars at all.

Catherine Lansfield Etta King Size Quiltset, Multi
Catherine Lansfield Etta King Size Quiltset, Multi

5.0 out of 5 stars Love the colours, and the flowers, 9 Feb 2014
A beautiful quilt set, which is reversible. I have it in the second bedroom on a day bed and it looks gorgeous. The contrasting sides on the pillows and quilt add to the look. I have also purchased the bedspread to match. It just brightens the room and makes it much more inviting. Excellent value for money.

6 Fat Quarters Set (Lavender) Co-ordinating French Fabric Mini Designs 100% Cotton
Offered by Textiles français

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, love it, love it, 11 Jan 2014
Excellent material, as ever, from Textiles francais. Fabric is in lovely co-ordinating colours and is the first step to designing a patchwork quilt. Material came wrapped well, and by return of post. Can't fault the seller, lovely confirmation email acknowledging that I had previously purchased from them. Very reassuring and thoughtful, and I will definitely be purchasing from Textiles francais again.

The Liberty Book of Simple Sewing
The Liberty Book of Simple Sewing
by Liberty

4.0 out of 5 stars Good projects, 11 Jan 2014
I have always had a fascination about Liberty's and had bought items with their fabric on it, so was interested to know some of the details of the iconic fabrics. The simple reminders were useful as I haven't sewn for a while. The projects went from cloud cushions, chair pads, table mats, which were useful to pyjama trousers which weren't so useful. I particularly liked the inclusion of a pet bed, which I didn't expect to see, but was grateful for, as one of my dogs regularly destroys his bed when we deign to go outside without him. An interesting and useful read. Only gave it a four star rating as not all the projects were interesting.

Damn You, Autocorrect!
Damn You, Autocorrect!

5.0 out of 5 stars If laughter is the best medicine..., 25 Nov 2013
I have to limit myself to a few pages at a time of this book, because it makes me cry with laughter. I also try not to snort and laugh out loud, because I'm annoying my husband, but I can't help making blurt blurt noises. Do not buy if you are suffering from a cold or sore throat, as I did, it causes all sorts of complications. I don't even know why I find this book so funny, but I do.

Journey To Hidden Objects
Journey To Hidden Objects

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish, 1 Oct 2013
This review is from: Journey To Hidden Objects (App)
Given it one star as I can not give it 0. The objects are hidden sometimes in darkness rather than in detail. Once you've gone through the levels, there are absolutely no changes, so is very boring. It would not encourage me to buy a full version of this game. Very disappointed - how do I now delete it? That will probably be more fun than playing the game.

East of India Wooden Address Storage Box
East of India Wooden Address Storage Box
Offered by bellas-direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good alternative to an address book, 8 April 2013
I was very taken with the idea of a different way of keeping addresses so purchased this storage box. I love the size of the cards with plenty of room to write all details. I'm using the reverse of the card for extra information such as birthdays etc. I wish I had ordered an extra set of refills at the time, as they are lovely - printed with an informal script and lines for name, address, phone number and email. I particularly like the drawings on each card of bird outlines at the top and a row of town houses on the bottom edge. The reverse is blank - ideal for extra information. The box is carved houses on four side surfaces with a small house on the top. The box sits next to the phone on the window sill - very handy, as I was forever losing the previous address book. It's quirky and different and I love it.

Moon Over Soho (PC Peter Grant Book 2)
Moon Over Soho (PC Peter Grant Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't put this down, 26 Feb 2013
I was wowed by this author when I picked up his first book Whispers Underground in the library. So much so that I immediately went online to find the others in the series. The story is very well written and has very sympathetic characters who you want to find more about. Aaronovitch is a seasoned TV writer who has done work on Dr Who, Blake's Seven and Jupiter Moon. I would recommend this book to anyone who wants an excellent read. The novel is fast paced and the dialogue is very effective. Any further books in the series - I will snap them up - no hesitation. Thankyou Ben Aaronovitch!

Happy Beds Signature 2000 Pillow Top Pocket Sprung Organic Mattress, 5 ft King Size
Offered by Happy Beds

4.0 out of 5 stars Very comfortable, 26 Feb 2013
A very comfortable mattress. Nice and snuggly in the winter - might be a bit too warm in the summer. Too points against. Firstly, the weight. This mattress is extremely heavy, even to change the sheets. If you live alone, or have a disability that means you can't lift heavy weights, this is not the one for you. It was very difficult to get it up the stairs and very difficult to lift even the corners to tuck the sheets under. The second point against was the 7-9am delivery slot - it was actually delivered at 5:30 am! (It's a good job that I'm a light sleeper.) So saying all that, this is a very comfortable, firm mattress and gives a excellent night's sleep. I am very pleased with this purchase.

Daily Mail Online
Daily Mail Online

5.0 out of 5 stars Great format for the Kindle Fire HD, 22 Feb 2013
This review is from: Daily Mail Online (App)
This app is great for the Kindle Fire. Easy to toggle to different areas and pages. Font size is easy to read. Would recommend this for anyone who likes the Daily Mail.

Page: 1 | 2