Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Offered by FASHION FAIRIES LTD

5.0 out of 5 stars Bringing a little Christmas cheer, 13 Dec. 2015
Vibrant print...
Great fit...
Cheap, yes, but sturdy fabric...
Belt is a bit of a miss (loops round twice?!)
But fantastic value!

Information Risk Management: A Practitioner's Guide (Chartered Institute for It)
by David Sutton

2.0 out of 5 stars A great example of a failure in integrity - an information risk in itself, 8 Nov. 2015
Oh my god - did no one proof read this book???

Perhaps it's just the kindle version, but there were grammatical errors, it referred to qualitative assessment when it was referring to quantitative assessment at one point.

The structure is terrible. Repetitive passages. Flits back and fourth between processes in what should be a linear pattern.

Worst of all it contradicts itself. One page says info assurance refers to electronic information. Another says it captures both physical and electronic.

I was going to wait until after my information risk exam to vent about this so I could at least varify how useful it was in the end.

Content great; needs a whole lot of polishing!

Winter Wonderland: A magical colouring adventure
Winter Wonderland: A magical colouring adventure
by Paper & Cloth

2.0 out of 5 stars Not-a-very-wintery Winter Wonderland, 27 Oct. 2015
Not really very wintery or very Christmassy. Have a flick through in a store, if you can, to avoid disappointment...

Dove Purely Pampering Shea Nourishing Lotion 250ml
Dove Purely Pampering Shea Nourishing Lotion 250ml
Offered by Bluecrest Direct

2.0 out of 5 stars Sticky, tacky, grim!, 13 April 2014
This is a beautifully scented lotion, but no matter how much/little I used, no matter how much I massaged it in, I was left with a horrible friction-y, sticky film after use. Having since tried another Dove lotion, and found the same problem, I think it's likely a problem with these lotions in general... Shaln't buy again!

The Medea Complex
The Medea Complex

4.0 out of 5 stars Great story, slightly flawed in execution, 13 April 2014
This review is from: The Medea Complex (Kindle Edition)
This is a very strange book... The first half is a very unique, highly belivable account of asylum life in Victorian England. The other half is a poor rendition of Gone Girl.

The electronic translation onto Kindle was rather poor; 1s where Ls should be, and stray capital letters mid-word.

The twist at the end, I found rather good!

I paid 99p... For that price, it was a nice easy read. I'd have been cross to pay full price given the flaws in the book (poor grammar, odd translation of modern language into a Victorian novel).

I will keep an eye out for this lady though. She can weave a good story!

Remington CI9532 Pearl Pro Curl Hair Styler
Remington CI9532 Pearl Pro Curl Hair Styler

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this product! Some tips so you'll love it too..., 30 Nov. 2013
I bought this wand having had it's svelter, more popular counterpart for well over a year, loved it, but want that big volumous curl look.

Let me say don't buy this if you want curly curls! Use your noggin'! This is a huge barrelled wand (32mm if I remember right?!), your curls therefore are gonna be 32mm minimum. Therefore if you want curls, as opposed to waves in your short to shoulder length, this product is NOT for you! Back away...

If you have longer locks or are short haired seeking that kinked up stay a while longer...

Now, having never used a clamped curling iron, I can't say how I miss thee clamp. And as a seasoned wand user I did just pick this up and go...

I can give a few tips that may help the new wand users:

Tip first, you're gonna need to touch the wand with the very tips of your gloved hand to hold the ends of your hair on the wand. Its the only way i personally can get a symettrical curl...

Tip second; trick to explain... As you're curling the hair around the iron try not to twist the hair on itself... This will give an uneven finish and poor curling.

Tip third, prep your hair! There is a lot of heat going on to your delicate strands. Heat protect and mousse people.

Tip four; keep practising with different sized sections. See what work.

Hope this help!

Jillian Michaels - Killer Buns and Thighs [DVD]
Jillian Michaels - Killer Buns and Thighs [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jillian Michaels
Offered by Empowered Media Productions UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Air and water a MUST, 12 May 2013
I like to flatter myself by saying I'm quite fit... Not very fit, not very strong, but I can hold my own... I take the stairs up to and down from the eighth floor every day. I can do your bog standard aerobics/zumba/circuit class without being useless the next day. I can hike.

But my derrier is my problem area, and after hearing so many good things about Jillian's 30 Day Shred I thought I'd give this a go...

So the DVD is broken down into a beginner, intermediate and hard level. Bear in mind this is "Jillian Michael levels". In real terms it goes from prety difficult to insane! The levels are made up of warm up, three circuits (performing each circuit twice) and a short cool down. "Our Jill" and her ladies take NO breaks. No water breaks. No breathers. Be wary of this. Like 10% of the population, I'm a fainter... I get too hot, I stand still too long, I sit in one place static for too long... I get light headed.

Doing this work out, I quickly got insanely hot and for the lack of air and water didn't manage the third circuit for light headedness.

Second time round, I did it (and boy did I feel it) but kept some water close by to take during the mini pauses between exercises and during the upright stretches.

Stay hydrated, stay safe, and with the intensity of this DVD you'll have killer buns and thighs in no time :)

Burt's Bees Baby Bee Original Nourishing Lotion, 170g
Burt's Bees Baby Bee Original Nourishing Lotion, 170g

4.0 out of 5 stars On adult skin..., 19 Jan. 2013
I've recently been a little bit poorly *pauses for violins*

Two weeks in the house with central heating on, antibiotics (dry out my skin something chronic) and steroids (skin thinning), my skin was in dire need of some lovin. It was raw! The skin connecting my foot to my leg literally cracked and bled, and the thinned skin on my shins cracked. The rest of my body was equally dry, raw and uncomfortable.

I turned to my trusty cocoa butter - eeek no help! Brought out the big guns - body oil! Nope, it just couldn't seep through the dry skin.

I bought this on a whim. My thinking, it's on offer, the beeswax may have more staying power than my other lotions and potions, and I'm already a fan of Mr Burt and his bees...

So I slathered it on after my shower...

The first thing I thought was how beautiful and thick thr lotion was. The second thing I thought was "wow this really snells offensive! Amazingly offensive". I'd describe it as a musky honey smell. It's not artificial or chemical, just horrible! But, damn it, it worked! My skin felt soothed and moisturised, and like it was finally repairing.

So, I carried on, praying noone else commented on my musky pong, and masking with the heaviest perfume I own.

To sum up, it's a fantastic product. If you like the smell, you're really on to a winner.... If you don't like the smell... Welcome to a dilemma!

Russell Hobbs 18036 Breadmaker Fresh Bread in Minutes
Russell Hobbs 18036 Breadmaker Fresh Bread in Minutes

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy peasy!, 31 Dec. 2012
This breadmaker was bought for me as a Christmas gift. I've wanted a breadmaker for some time, and was pleased Santa had been paying attention.

So after being a bore and reading the instructions cover to cover twice, and reading past reviews I knew what I was up against and was ready to go. The instructions were relatively straightforward, except as another reviewer pointed out putting the bread tin in is quite tricky and is poorly explained. Otherwise the booklet was informative, humorous, and as entertaining as these things can be.

I started with the basic white loaf. I stuck firmly to the recipe (except the obvious typo that has swapped around the required yeast quantity for the small and medium loaf). I was a bit naughty and used fast acting yeast against their recommendations, simply because it was all I could find.

I set it to medium sized and medium colour. The clock counted down far too slowly. I was so giddy watching the dough rise through the window, and slowly cook.When the timer finally went off out came a beautifully shaped loaf with a relatively soft top crust, crispy side crust, and a beautiful brown colour. The paddle had come off in the loaf. Be warned, if you have to dig the paddle out it will be HOT!!!

I waited the recommended thirty minutes for the moisture to dissipate. Then we cut it... Boy howdy, it was beautiful! Soft, warm, tasty with a beautiful crisp crust. With butter it was heavenly!

So all in all I would definitely recommend this breadmaker. It did an amazing job with my flour, yeast, water, oil, salt and sugar.

Happy baking!

Sony Ericsson X8 Xperia Sim Free Mobile Phone - Black
Sony Ericsson X8 Xperia Sim Free Mobile Phone - Black
Offered by deepmobiles

2.0 out of 5 stars 18 months later...., 28 Nov. 2012
I've taken a rather unusal step and decided to write a review after my x8 died a rather nasty death.

I would never lie to you, it was love at first sight with the x8! It was gleaming white, glittery, cute and little. It was all I ever wanted from a phone.

Initial nigglings: The camera SUCKED! No two ways about that. My previous non-smart, WAP, brick of a nokia had MUCH better picture quality. There's no flash, the pictures are shaky and there's no zoom. Totally useless (tip: takign a picture via facebook's camera software gave a much better quality pic, so clearly a software as opposed to hardware problem). YouTube did not like playing on this phone. No idea why, but a lot of the time a video just would not stream. Also quickly learned I couldn't always make calls if I was connected to the internet - a minor annoyance.

First problem: After 3 months it got sent for repair after clumsy cluts here threw it on the bed and half of it caught on my TV remote. The blow knocked out the loudspeaker. No ringing, no text tones, no putting people on speaker... NO YOUTUBE!!!

Second problem: After 6 months the system started gettign sluggish. I hold my hands up, I filled the memory with apps. But not useless apps, oh no. Things you may expect to be able to use on a smartphone. I had Facebook, Twitter, Google Maps, eBay, two games including rather hefty tetris, and the crap Sony wouldn't let me break free from... No music. Few pictures... Much less enamoured... Wishing I'd just bought an iPhone

Eighteen months later: The phone has been dropped, splashed, and generally had a bit of a hard knock life. It would splutter in and out of freezes. It would just reset itself for fun. Then last week it got wet in heavy rain, lived to tell the tale, but died after being exposed to a bit of water vapour in the bathroom. The display would not come on, and the touch screen was donald-ducked!

"Get it repaired" my better half cried! After 18 months of sluggishness, a very poor camera, and a broken casing, I felt it was more dignified to stop flogging this extremely dead horse and buy a new phone.

Sadly, I don't thinkI'd buy a Sony phone again. I say sadly as their phones are very pretty, and their operating system so easy to use.

If you are considering this budget phone, I would recommend it for someone who really is only going to use it as a mobile phone predominantly, and a smart phone occassionally. Bless it, it doesn't like the internet. It doesn't like apps. It doesn't like working too hard. Umless you're looking for a risky venture, just avoid!

Page: 1 | 2