ARRAY(0xa78d4a80)

iBox 79085R Twist Portable Bluetooth Speaker
iBox 79085R Twist Portable Bluetooth Speaker
Offered by THE ELECTRICAL SHOP
Price: 39.83

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Product - Far Far better than I expected., 28 Nov 2012
I have always been sceptical about these small portable speakers and am fortunate enough to have several Bose systems at home so I am used to top quality sound.

PORTABILITY

Having had the iBox for about a week now, I have to say that I have been totally impressed with it. It is so portable - weighing just 380 grams, that I have been using it everywhere - on my office desk, in the car, in the kitchen when cooking, on the window ledge in the bathroom etc etc. You can literally pick up the i-Box and your phone in one hand when moving from one place to another. I have used it for over 5 hours on a charge which seems ample especially as it charges via USB so is easy to plug in to the car socket or have it charging via USB whilst using it in the office.

SOUND

All of this portability would be pointless if the sound was rubbish - well the sound is amazing for the size. Don't expect bass that will rattle your windows and make everything in your car vibrate - it is only 25cm x 5cm x 6cm. What you do get is a very clear and balanced sound with ample volume to fill a room or be enjoyable to listen to over the car engines noise. My office is roughly 6m x 5m and if I have it on 3/4 volume I literally can't hear someone else speaking when they come in and have to turn it down.

Treble & mid-range are crystal clear, no distortion and very clear separation of vocals.

BLUETOOTH / HANDS FREE

This is the killer feature for me. When a call comes through, the i-Box automatically fades the music and you can answer the phone hands free with one press of the phone / play button on the box. The built in microphone seems to be excellent. I haven't had anyone say they are struggling to hear me - and calls come through as clearly as the box plays music.

My car doesn't have built in bluetooth or an auxiliary input to plug my iPhone into the stereo so this has proved ideal for me.

What I have found which I had never really thought of before - is just how useful it is to have hands free wherever you are. With the i-Box sitting on my office desk all day I can now answer all calls hands free whilst carrying on working - or speak to a family member whilst cooking in the evenings. The sound quality is far superior to having my phone on speaker.

WISHES

I really can't fault this product for the price - it is one of the most useful things I have ever purchased - However, my only remarks are that the bluetooth range is fairly limited. In the same room you can happily be 3 - 4m away without any problems, but connection tends to get lost or break up if you move into a different room from the speaker. This tends to be a Bluetooth issue though and it happens even with a Bose Soundlink that my son has.

The only other limitation is that you can only connect one item at a time via Bluetooth. The Bose Soundlink let's you connect and remember up to 5 bluetooth devices.

CONCLUSION

Just realised that I have ended up comparing this to the Bose Soundlink, well that has to be praise indeed!

The Bose however does not have a built in microphone so can't be used as a hands free device - also for the price of the Bose you can buy 5 of the i-Box so you can have one for every Bluetooth device.

Overall - this is a fantastic piece of kit for the money.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 25, 2013 7:44 PM GMT