Profile for Joey > Reviews

Vax Air Lift Steerable Pet Max Vacuum Cleaner, 1.5 Litre, Silver/Purple
Vax Air Lift Steerable Pet Max Vacuum Cleaner, 1.5 Litre, Silver/Purple

4.0 out of 5 stars Value for money, 28 May 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a really powerful vacuum with pivoting head to allow you to get into awkward corners. We don't have a pet but do have a 4 year old son who leaves a trail of destruction after him and has been great at sucking up his crumbs etc. It is lightweight and compact which is good for us as we live in a small flat and can be easily stored away. The cable is really long so you don't need to keep plugging and unplugging depending on what room you are in. It also has a detachable bit if you wanted to clean the car. The only downside for me is that you have to wind the cord up after use, there is no button to do it automatically. For £150 I think this is good value for money.

Crabtree & Evelyn Best Sellers Hand Therapy 25 g - Pack of 3
Crabtree & Evelyn Best Sellers Hand Therapy 25 g - Pack of 3

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely little luxury, 28 May 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I love Crabtree and Evelyn moisturisers. They are a great size to fit in your handbag and last me ages. The moisturiser itself lasts a long time on my hands and is not greasy. This set would make a lovely gift.

L'Oreal Paris Infallible  021 Always a Lady 2 x Nail Polish 5ml
L'Oreal Paris Infallible 021 Always a Lady 2 x Nail Polish 5ml

2.0 out of 5 stars Chips easily, 7 Feb. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I was really disappointed with this product. Firstly, it was advertised as a pack of two, however, I only received one product. Secondly, I found the colour to be significantly darker when applied than that which appears in the product image. And finally, it didn't even last a whole day without chipping.

To use the product, you must first apply the darker end of the product, I found this to be a very dark red/brown colour. It was fairly watery so I applied a second coat, which again had a watery appearance and didn't seem "even". Once the varnish is dry, you apply the lighter end of the product which, contrary to the bright pink looking varnish in the image, is a translucent top coat with a pink tinge. I've used this product twice now as I thought maybe I was having an off day when I applied it the first time but on both occasions, I have had the same experience. Not for me.

Maybelline Lasting Drama Gel Pen Black Excess 7ml
Maybelline Lasting Drama Gel Pen Black Excess 7ml
Offered by nikis cosmetics

5.0 out of 5 stars Neat and precise application, 16 Jan. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I was a bit nervous about using this when it first arrived as the liner is applied through a silicone nib, which is flexible when pressed side to side and naturally thought that it would be messy to apply. I was really surprised to find that this is really easy to use and gives a far neater finish than any wet liner I have used with a brush applicator and is more precise that a kohl pencil. I've found that because the nib is angled, you can keep the liner on your eyeline and as such, I haven't had any wonky lines or smudges. You can control the amount of liner that comes out by twisting the bottom of the pen.
I would highly recommend this product, particularly to people like me who aren't so great with brush liners and who want a really neat and precise finish.

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars BEWARE! -Extremely small fitting, 10 Jan. 2016
This dress is extremely small fitting. I am an 8-10 and after reading reviews ordered a large sizing in this garment. I haven't even tried to try it on as having taken it out of the packaging, it is the equivalent to a UK size 4, the material has no give and there is no way it would get anywhere near me.
Unfortunately, I need to keep the dress as international return rates cost more than the dress!

Maybelline Colossal Go Extreme! Volum' Mascara Black 9.5ml
Maybelline Colossal Go Extreme! Volum' Mascara Black 9.5ml

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for me, 10 Jan. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have used this on and off for about three weeks now. The mascara itself is long lasting and does plump my lashes up and is good value for money. There are two reasons why I am not overly fussed on this product. Number one is that the brush is very large and when I am applying it, it always smudges or leaves those annoying black dots on my upper eye lid. The brush isn't curved or angled in any way and is not my preferred kind of brush. Secondly, I have struggled to get it off with my usual cleanser. I can get most of it off but it leaves black smudges under my eyes that I then have to scrub with a muslin cloth.
As a female in her mid-30s I know what kind of cosmetics and brushes I like so the reasons I have given above are personal to me. As I have said, the mascara itself is effective and if you like a larger brush and use separate eye make-up remover then you will probably like this.

Fisher-Price Giraffe Sit-Me-Up Floor Seat
Fisher-Price Giraffe Sit-Me-Up Floor Seat
Offered by EveryThing4You Global

5.0 out of 5 stars Rivals the Bumbo..., 22 Dec. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I got this for my little nephew to use and am really impressed. I had used a bumbo when my son was small and really liked it, but living in a small flat, it did take up a bit of floor space when not in use. This floor seat is collapsable which is an added advantage if you are challenged with space and storage at home. It is also portable which is good if you are visiting friends/relatives etc and will easily fit in the boot. The cloth covering is fun and bright and has kept my nephew entertained and can be easily removed to wash it. There are noisy foot pads to hold his attention and a tray that can be fitted for snack time.
This seat is sturdy, compact and good value. I would highly recommend it.

Spider Man - Children's Watch - Spider Man (print design may differ)
Spider Man - Children's Watch - Spider Man (print design may differ)
Offered by Fashion Mixe Shop

4.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly durable and long lasting., 30 Nov. 2015
I ordered this as a stocking filler a few months ago but was a bit worried that at under a fiver it probably wouldn't work come Christmas morning so gave it to my son there and then. He was overjoyed with it and I am pleased to say it is still working (much to my surprise!!) The strap is made of rubber and has proven to be very durable. The only issue we had was the top part of the buckle fell off last week but my other half fixed it back on and is now good as new.

This is a great first watch for any Spiderman fan - the clockface is simply the 1-12 and doesn't have any extras to help kids tell the time but I know my son isn't quite ready for that yet. For now he is happy just looking at it and demanding to know the time. Every. Two. Minutes.

Star Wars Boy's Christmas Tree Sweatshirt, Blue (Navy), 5 Years (Manufacturer Size:Small)

4.0 out of 5 stars Large sizing, 30 Nov. 2015
My son is four years old, but all of his tops from a range of high street stores and supermarkets are marked "Age 5", I ordered this in age 5 and it absolutely drowns him but he loves it as it is Star Wars.

The quality of the sweater is good and the print on the front looks like it will last through washing and a few festive seasons.

Maybelline Master Sleek Brow Mascara Dark Brown 7.6ml
Maybelline Master Sleek Brow Mascara Dark Brown 7.6ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use and natural looking, 30 Nov. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Eyebrow products have always slightly scared me as growing up, I remember seeing ladies with heavily pencilled foreheads and remember thinking it looked a bit strange. I don't buy make up that often but have noticed there are more and more brow products on the market these days. I've never really known what to choose, and if I am honest, didn't want to pay for an expensive product that I would only experiment with indoors.

The Maybelline Master Sleek Brow is applied with a mascara like wand. I was a bit worried it would come out thick and heavy but it is really light and easy to apply. I think the brush must be specially designed to hold less of the product than a mascara brush would as it darkened my brows by maybe a shade and was slightly noticeable but made them appear slightly thicker. There have been no clumps or smudges and would recommend this as an easy to use product.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20