Profile for C. Tripp > Reviews

Content by C. Tripp

C. Tripp (Manchester, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
The First Fifteen Lives of Harry August
The First Fifteen Lives of Harry August

5.0 out of 5 stars Worthy of all the 5* reviews, 24 Nov 2014
I know I love a book when I slow down as I near the end because I don't want it to finish. The physics/ science concept lost me a bit but it was really well-written and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I wish I could read it again for the first time. Instead I'll read it again for the second time, which is probably more in the spirit of the novel anyway.

iStyle Slap on Silicone Watch Quartz Sports Watch Kids Girl Boy Woman Man Unisex 11 Colors for choosing-Black Small
Offered by Acorn Sport

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value and nice looking too!, 7 Nov 2014
I'm really pleased with this watch. The face is easy to read and has the number of minutes written next to each number so it's great for kids. I don't know how long it will last but I'm sure the recipient (a 10 year old boy) will love it. I ordered another as soon as I'd received it.

Microsoft Surface Type Cover 2 (w Backlighting) Keyboard - Blue for Surface Pro 2 / Pro / RT 2 /RT (UK layout)
Offered by Simien Trading

3.0 out of 5 stars US Keyboard! Not happy!, 13 Oct 2014
Lovely keyboard and so much better than the touch one.

But like the previous reviewer I was sent the US layout keyboard, with a UK sticker on it. It actually is programmed as a UK keyboard so if you press shift + 2 you do get ", unfortunately the key says you'll get @. I bought it through Siemen Trading.

It's gone back for a refund, but what a waste of my time packaging it back up again and taking it to the collection point! Do Amazon actually check what people are selling?

KleverCase Book Cover Case Range for Amazon Kindle Paperwhite eReader - Sherlock Holmes

5.0 out of 5 stars A gorgeous beautiful case., 15 Sep 2014
This is a stunning Kindle case. It's exquisite and beautifully made. It looks nice enough in the photos but is way better in real life.I bought this as a birthday present for my 13-year old daughter who's a big Sherlock fan and I can't wait to give it to her. I bought myself an Amazon case when I got my Paperwhite ages ago and wish I'd got one of these now.

In Fear
In Fear
Dvd
Offered by Lovefilm UK Limited

4.0 out of 5 stars creepy and tense, 20 Aug 2014
This review is from: In Fear (Amazon Instant Video)
Builds the tension well.
Loved the way the sense of paranoia was developed and many images which stay with you long after the end. As with all films that rely on the slow building of tension, don't be distracted - watch it!

TIFOSI Logic Sunglasses, Pearl White
TIFOSI Logic Sunglasses, Pearl White
Offered by 37South Triathlon

5.0 out of 5 stars Fanatstic sunglasses, 11 Jun 2014
This review is from: TIFOSI Logic Sunglasses (Eyewear)
Apparently these are the best sunglasses ever. So says he who received them.

They have great reviews on the interweb so I can't add a lot more. But they do what they say they do, they're comfortable and the different lenses make them very usable.

How to Fall in Love
How to Fall in Love

5.0 out of 5 stars My favourite so far!, 11 Jun 2014
I've read all Cecilia Ahern's books and have enjoyed them all. I'm not a big chicklit reader but find these have a bit more substance to them. I particularly like the dialogue. It's very natural and I love the wit.

I agree with a previous reviewer in that I think she's getting better. This book was very well-written and I loved the story. Fantastic likeable characters with depth and you finish with a warm fuzzy feeling.

This is my favourite of Cecilia Ahern's books so far. (It helped that I was spending a couple of days in Dublin at the time and was actually staying in The Gresham.)

Chill Factor Squeeze Cup Slushy Maker (colours may vary)
Chill Factor Squeeze Cup Slushy Maker (colours may vary)
Offered by Accessory-Shop

3.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says but doesn't last!, 2 Jun 2014
I don't understand why people can't get it to work as my 9-year old gets fantastic proper slushies from it. Like other reviewers, I can only suppose that it's not frozen or the ingredients aren't cold enough. So in that respect, it's exactly as the advert says.

My only gripe is that we've got through 3 of these now as they don't last very long. Even when you only use the supplied plastic spoon, the inside still splits and renders the cup useless. We've got umpteen outsides, spoons, lids etc so it would be good if they could make replacement icepack inners so you don't have to throw the whole cup away.

Angry Birds Star Wars II
Angry Birds Star Wars II

1.0 out of 5 stars Adverts and in-app purchasing spoil this game, 4 May 2014
This review is from: Angry Birds Star Wars II (App)
Constant restrictions and adverts totally spoil the flow of this game even on the FULL version. I am happy to pay for a game up front. I am not happy to be constantly bombarded with adverts for additional micro purchases to enable the game to progress smoothly without which the game is so hard as to be almost impossible. AVOID.

Wonderlines: match-3 puzzle game
Wonderlines: match-3 puzzle game

1.0 out of 5 stars Too fiddly on Kindle Fire, 26 April 2014
This game seems like it would be really good fun but the controls are much too small and fiddly- even on my Kindle. It's impossible to see what you are doing because your fingers are in the way!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8