Profile for kindle fan > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
A Proper Family Holiday
A Proper Family Holiday

5.0 out of 5 stars Great holiday read about families, 29 May 2016
Great holiday read about families. I think it's part of a series but can definitely be read as a stand alone

Life Swap: A funny feel good read about starting again
Life Swap: A funny feel good read about starting again

4.0 out of 5 stars but a great feel good read, 29 May 2016
This is a really unusual story, but a great feel good read.

The Sudden Departure of the Frasers
The Sudden Departure of the Frasers

5.0 out of 5 stars Great story, 29 May 2016
I love Louise Candlish's books. This one is no exception. Brilliantly written & taking you on a journey, with stories within stories. This is a tale of people behaving badly, but somehow you can understand why.

Summer at the Cornish Cafe: Perfect for fans of Poldark (The Penwith Trilogy, Book 1)

3.0 out of 5 stars An ok read, 7 May 2016
I wanted to love this story, but I found myself rushing to read it just to get it finished. I think it's probably ok for younger women who won't get annoyed by the unbelievable twists and turns in the plot.

Malloom® Women Bandage Bikini Set Padded Bra Swimsuit Bathing Suit Swimwear (L, Blue)

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 6 Mar. 2015
Lovely bikini but sized very small

The Rice Paper Diaries
The Rice Paper Diaries

5.0 out of 5 stars Great debut book, 30 Aug. 2014
I"m going to say upfront that the author is friend of a friend, but I really enjoyed this book. I love alternative war stories (hotel on the corner of bitter and sweet is another great example) & this was the same. I loved the Hong Kong element but then also the Welsh element & having moved to Wales as a child, it resonated with me.

They say everyone has a book in them - well I hope Fran has more!

The Third Wife
The Third Wife

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great book, 30 Aug. 2014
This review is from: The Third Wife (Kindle Edition)
I love Lisa's books - they're quirky and original. I saw a negative review when the book was first published which made me nervous - something about being for ladies who lunch, so it was at the end of my holiday reading list.

However as soon as I started it I was hooked & I couldn't put it down! I'm not one of those readers that thinks I need to be amazed and entertained - I never think how the book is likely to end - I just love to lose myself in the story and feel the characters come alive & I just loved this tale - it's not fluffy & light, but is full of human foibles & flaws.

Hemline H245 | 4 Different Colour Tailor's Chalk | In Re-Usable Case
Hemline H245 | 4 Different Colour Tailor's Chalk | In Re-Usable Case
Offered by Barnyarns

5.0 out of 5 stars Great buy, 9 Jun. 2014
This set is perfect for all your marking out - you can swap the colors depending on your fabric colour - perfect

EZ Quilting 3.5 x 9.5-inch Leftie-Rightie Rule Acrylic Template
EZ Quilting 3.5 x 9.5-inch Leftie-Rightie Rule Acrylic Template

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 9 Jun. 2014
This is really sturdy & really useful for all your cutting requirements. Haven't used it for quilting yet but am sure it will be great

Birch 053311 | Sew It Sewing Accessories Snip Cutter, Sewing Gauge & Seam Ripper
Offered by sewing-online

4.0 out of 5 stars Good cheap buy, 9 Jun. 2014
Love the snippers. The seam folder is a little flimsy but does the job. Overall cheap & cheerful for the price

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6