Profile for Philip A Davies > Reviews

Content by Philip A Davies

Philip A Davies (Blackburn, Lancashire United Kingdom)

Apple iPod shuffle 2GB - Silver (discontinued by manufacturer)
Apple iPod shuffle 2GB - Silver (discontinued by manufacturer)

2.0 out of 5 stars No Good for Training, 26 Sep 2010
This Ipod looks stylish but has a major design flaw in its headphones. It needs Apples own headphones with the remote control to operate it but these will not stay in your ears while running rendering the thing near useless for the gym or running. I'm a big Ipod fan but feel let down by this product.

Kahuna 252-3021G Mens Black Velcro Strap Watch
Kahuna 252-3021G Mens Black Velcro Strap Watch
Price: 22.46

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple and Functional, 18 Sep 2010
This is my third Kahuna watch over the last 12 years, only replaced this as I lost my old one. I love the simplicity and durability of it. The velcro straps wear out after about two years which is why I lost my old one while surfing. These are great value watches.

Hunky Dory
Hunky Dory
Price: 7.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Bowie's Finest Moments, 7 May 2004
This review is from: Hunky Dory (Audio CD)
This was the first album I bought and has stayed with me for over 30 years. It took me through my teenage years and I turned back to it when my own children were born. There is a charm that pre-dates the more successful years to come, this is a master song writer and performer at his finest. We have all heard "Changes" and "Life On Mars" but look deeper into this record especially at "Quicksand" and my own personal favourite, "The Bewlay Brothers" The Album has a balance and pace that one rarely sees, moving from the the family warmth of "Kooks" to the solemnity and reflection of "Bewlay Brothers" This album is life itself.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 15, 2010 2:50 PM GMT