Profile for Gemini > Reviews

Mary Berry Cooks
Mary Berry Cooks
by Mary Berry

5.0 out of 5 stars Mary does it again, 16 April 2014
This review is from: Mary Berry Cooks (Hardcover)
I having been baking cakes from Mary's books for 46 years. This week I baked the rich chocolate tray bake. I covered it with chocolate butter icing taken from a recipe in another of her books. As it was to share with a friends and family meal I sprinkled it with mini Easter eggs, Smarties, mini mallows etc. Comments received - yummy, fantastic and delicious. You never fail Mary.

100 Sheets of Mixed Coloured Acid Free Tissue Paper 20" x 30"
100 Sheets of Mixed Coloured Acid Free Tissue Paper 20" x 30"
Offered by Swoosh Supplies

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Value, 3 April 2014
The tissue is good for flower making but sizing is variable. Packaging bag was stuck down onto tissue paper so care needs to be taken with that. My Mexican flowers look good however.

Paul Hollywood's Pies and Puds
Paul Hollywood's Pies and Puds
by Paul Hollywood

5.0 out of 5 stars What a fabulous book, 12 Jan 2014
I have been home baking for at least 45 years and have over 70 cookery books on my shelves. Sometimes cookery books can be disappointing but not this one. I have leafed through it several times and can't wait to try out some of the recipes. Paul has made this book easy to use for both the experienced and the beginner cook. Wonderful step by step illustrations and good down to earth recipes. The ingredients are mainly store cupboard items and the others are easily sourced in the supermarket. No need for lots of dishes and utensils either. This book will definitely not sit on the bookshelf unused.

Bulk Hardware Lever Action Suction Hook - White (Pack of 3)
Bulk Hardware Lever Action Suction Hook - White (Pack of 3)

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as the picture shows, 12 Jan 2014
I ordered these Suction hooks as my sister had given me one like the picture and it was very good. I ordered a pack of three. When they arrived they were a different shape (three petal shape) and much flimsier. When my husband tried to fit the first one on it broke. I am very disappointed that goods are not illustrated properly. The one illustrated was the type I wanted. Big let down.

Voices
Voices
Offered by b68solutions

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic, 28 Nov 2013
This review is from: Voices (Audio CD)
I have played this CD at least 6 times in the short time since it arrived It is, in my opinion, a truly wonderful CD. The new arrangements of modern music are both haunting and enchanting The choir singers have fabulous voices It is very different from the normal choir singing one usually hears Well done Gareth Looking forward to the next CD

Nubar Isis Purple Nail Polish Lacquer 15ml
Nubar Isis Purple Nail Polish Lacquer 15ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Illustration colour, 28 Aug 2013
Love Nubar polish but illustrations are deceptive. Can't think why this is shown as a green colour when in fact it is a really lovely lilac/pink.

Nubar Nail Polish Lavender Suede 15ml NS1031
Nubar Nail Polish Lavender Suede 15ml NS1031

2.0 out of 5 stars Not this colour, 26 Aug 2013
I have just discovered Nubar and I like very much However I was disappointed that the polish I received is not the colour (pinky/lilac) as illustrated. Will know better when I apply it. Being able to buy a colour chart on Amazon would be helpful. 2 stars for review is purely re colour I would give product 5 stars

New update to my review - Applied this colour last night and although it is not the pinky colour shown on illustration it is in fact a lovely silvery grey. My hubbie commented on how nice it looks. It is very elegant. 5 stars.

Year in Life of Sunbonnet Sue (That Patchwork Place)
Year in Life of Sunbonnet Sue (That Patchwork Place)
by Christine Porter

5.0 out of 5 stars Year in Life of Sunbonnet Sue, 31 July 2011
I loved this book. I am a Sunbonnet Sue fan. The instructions are clear and detailed. Can't wait to get started on making them.