Profile for janifitz > Reviews

janifitz

BOB: Unlike any 'Law of Attraction' book you've ever read before
BOB: Unlike any 'Law of Attraction' book you've ever read before

5.0 out of 5 stars like me, you've read books on the Law of ..., 5 May 2015
If, like me, you've read books on the Law of Attraction and have wondered just how it can be so simple yet so hard to master, then this is the book for you. It truly is "unlike any law of attraction book you've ever read before" and not just because of the style in which its written, which sort of slaps you in the face with its advice. Once you get over feeling like you've been chastised for doing things wrong it's actually a very entertaining read on a subject that can sometimes be a bit too new age and isn't explained all that well by other authors. It's plain speaking and funny and having read other books on this subject and wanting to practice LOA but having been left with many doubts and questions, I'm glad to say I've finally found a book that answers all of them. It is also a quick enough read that you can start to put in the practice right away.

Baby Wisdom: The World's Best-kept Secrets for the First Year of Parenting
Baby Wisdom: The World's Best-kept Secrets for the First Year of Parenting
by Deborah Jackson

4.0 out of 5 stars Wish I'd read it earlier, 10 Mar. 2013
There are some amazing, interesting and disturbing facts and stories in this book. I am a big fan of Deborah Jackson and find her research into this area so educational.

Apple iPod touch 16GB 4th Generation - Black
Apple iPod touch 16GB 4th Generation - Black
Offered by The Tech Group

5.0 out of 5 stars Hours of peace!, 10 Mar. 2013
My son LOVES his iPod touch, bought for his twelfth birthday. The problem comes trying to get him to put it down, plus now I have to listen to his music when we do the dishes!

Bagbase Tri-Fold Sports Wallet - Royal Blue
Bagbase Tri-Fold Sports Wallet - Royal Blue

4.0 out of 5 stars Wallet good value for money, 16 Feb. 2013
Happy with product. Gave it four stars just because it arrived two days after expected date given. Otherwise wallet is sturdy and seals well.

Neviti Party Penguin Scratch Trivia, Pack of 10, White/ Blue
Neviti Party Penguin Scratch Trivia, Pack of 10, White/ Blue
Offered by Seasonal Party Products

4.0 out of 5 stars Just a bit of fun for the dinner table, 8 Jan. 2013
Not very difficult questions which made it nice for the kids to join in. We used these quiz scratch cards as an alternative to crackers on Christmas Eve. Makes a change from the lame jokes you usually have to listen to!

Three in a Bed: The Benefits of Sleeping with Your Baby
Three in a Bed: The Benefits of Sleeping with Your Baby
by Deborah Jackson

5.0 out of 5 stars Interesting and unbiased, 22 April 2012
I previously co-slept with my, now, 11 year old son on the advice of the midwife in the maternity unit where I gave birth. I would start him off at night in his own cot and then when he needed his night time feed would get him into bed and spend the rest of the night sleeping next to him. It worked brilliantly. That was 11 years ago and finding myself pregnant again (planned but a long time coming!) I thought I would co-sleep again with my baby. But with so much press about SIDS and the warnings not to do this I found myself feeling less than confident about what I should do. Then I found this book and was interested to hear someone else's theory on the subject. I'm so glad I bought it. Deborah Jackson gives an unbiased and thoroughly well-researched opinion on the subject of co-sleeping. She obviously comes down on the side of sharing your bed with your child and much of the book is, of course, in favour of this but the research she presents makes interesting reading and, I believe, allows the reader to ultimately choose for themselves whether co-sleeping is right for them. Indeed, Ms Jackson does stress throughout the book that it is for the parents to decide what feels right and to go with their instincts against taking (sometimes unwanted) advice from so-called professionals. She doesn't preach but offers as examples what others have tried - both in favour and against the idea. The last two chapters offer the practical advice - the "how to" co-sleep idea and the different ways she did things. So if, like me, you have a partner who likes the idea, is nervous of the idea, wants to try co-sleeping but also is frightened by all the bad press and can't be bothered to read the whole book, then direct them to these last two chapters so they can at least get an idea of the whole concept. Anyway, the upshot of this book is that I have been sleeping with my now four-week old baby girl and it is wonderful. She feeds at night (sometimes while I'm lying down) then snuggles down for a good sleep and we are all a little more refreshed in the morning for it. I would recommend this book to give you the facts and let you decide for yourself.

Tomy Harry Potter Monster Book of Monsters Keep Safe Box
Tomy Harry Potter Monster Book of Monsters Keep Safe Box

5.0 out of 5 stars Seemed very pleased, 17 Jun. 2011
I bought this for my 8 year old nephew - a big HP fan. I never got to see the actual product but he was immensely pleased with it and was very excited when he told me all about it. He said he had the best secret code that no one would be able to guess! So I assume from all that, that it was a hit and personally I thought the price was pretty good too.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 4, 2012 2:23 PM BST

Speedo Junior Glide Scuba Set - Blue, 33-36
Speedo Junior Glide Scuba Set - Blue, 33-36

4.0 out of 5 stars Bought as a gift, 2 Aug. 2010
I bought this set for my godson who lives in L.A. and was turning 7. I haven't seen him use it but the feedback I had from them was that it was perfect! He loves it and uses it as much as he can in his pool and at the beach. Can't really say if it's a perfect fit or anything but I know it's being used so it must be doing it's job well. (My son was jealous that I haven't bought him one!).

Horwood Homewares JA90 Milk Frother/Sauce Pot
Horwood Homewares JA90 Milk Frother/Sauce Pot
Offered by Harts Of Stur

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Frother, 2 Aug. 2010
In my opinion, this milk frother makes THE perfect cup of latte, cappucino and frothy hot chocolate. Don't have a dishwasher so not sure as to whether it's safe to use in one, but otherwise it washes up easily and is still shiny and new looking even after constant use. Holds quite a lot of milk - we can get four good sized coffees out of ours. Buy it, you'll love it!