Profile for OlkaPL > Reviews

OlkaPL

Premier Housewares Acacia Wood Large Round Salad Bowl
Premier Housewares Acacia Wood Large Round Salad Bowl
Offered by Office Stationery Supplies

4.0 out of 5 stars Love it, but it smelled and the sticker was a pain to remove!, 17 May 2014
Length:: 0:19 Mins

I decided to give it a proper review as I really love this bowl, heck even decided to purchase another one, but to enjoy it you really need to put some effort into removing stickers and to get rid of the smell of the wet warehouse.

Stickers: very hard to remove! I destroyed first bowl trying to scrub it with a wire sponge (see video). I don't mind it though as it's mostly at the bottom, and inside is always covered with some fruit. For the second bowl, I used the wire sponge again but did not press so hard. I had to scrub the glue vertically (after I finally removed the sticker itself), then use normal sponge to rub what's left from the glue and then scrub it with wire sponge horizontally again. This had to be repeated few times. I still have some glue left, but I will get there eventually, I am sure :)

The smell: the second bowl was not bad, however the first one must have been kept in some moist place within warehouse for a long time. It smelled like mould! Terrible if you are planning to keep food in it! But I found a way to get rid of this stench. I sprayed the bowls with some Mr Muscle Window Glass Cleaner, then poured some warm water into the bowl and left it for the night, to get rid of the smell. Mr Muscle contains vinegar which I think did the trick. I wouldn't advise to put vinegar itself as it is to strong.

So I am taking away one star as I spent to much time on the bowls to make them usable, but in the end I am happy. They look amazing and perfectly match my kitchen :)

10 Fold Flat White Cake Boxes 7" x 7" x 3" Wedding / Birthday / Cupcake Box
10 Fold Flat White Cake Boxes 7" x 7" x 3" Wedding / Birthday / Cupcake Box
Offered by Amico Packaging Leicester LTD

3.0 out of 5 stars Serves the purpose, 17 April 2014
Overall I am happy with this product, but for my needs it was a little bit to wobbly in the end.

Cole & Mason Electronic Precision Grind 21 cm Cheltenham Dark Wood and Stainless Steel Salt Mill

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks posh, 17 April 2014
I absolutely love it. It perfectly matches the wood on my kitchen cabinets. Also because it's wooden you don't see those sticky fingerprints all over it like on plastic or steel ones. I have noticed the grinder is steel so hopefully it's not going to break lake my last 3 ones I purchased from other companies. I will definitely update the post if it breaks down but so far so good and I am very happy with this grinder. Looks very elegant as well.

Veetop® Dual USB High Speed (MFI Certified) Car Charger UPGRADE 3.4Amp 15.5W - 2.4A & 1.0A, Smart charging for all iPhones (5S, 5C, 5, 4S, 3GS, 3G),iPad Air, iPad Mini, Apple iOS7, iPod,iPod Touch, Samsung Galaxy S5/S4/S3/Note 2/3, Nexus, Sony, Nokia, HTC, LG, Motorora,Huawei, Lenovo, ZTE, GPS,Smartphones & Tablets (Black/Silver)
Offered by Veetop

Premier Housewares Electronic Pepper Mill - Black
Premier Housewares Electronic Pepper Mill - Black

2.0 out of 5 stars Great grinder. Love it! - not any more, 16 Mar. 2013
I love this product. The grinder is great, the light is great and it looks amazing. I am very happy with this pepper mill. The first one I ordered was faulty, but replaced very quickly. Great customer service!

Update 17 Feb 2014. Shortly after I bought this pepper mill I ordered another one to grind salt rocks. At the time I was very happy with the product. All was fine until they have both broke down a month ago after a year of use. I won't be purchasing them again. Seems like a waste of money if they only last for short time. I have changed the rating from 5 stars to 2 because it worked.

Premier Housewares Floor Standing Coat Stand - Rubberwood - 183 cm
Premier Housewares Floor Standing Coat Stand - Rubberwood - 183 cm

2.0 out of 5 stars Last 6 mths then leg broke down, 16 Mar. 2013
At first I was happy with the purchase as the price was great. However after a while the coat stand became wobbly and finally one of the legs got broken off. The stand had one coat/jacket on each hanger so it was not over loaded. I will have to purchase chrome coat stand. Learned my lesson not to buy wooden stands.

Muslin Bags (Pack of 10)
Muslin Bags (Pack of 10)
Offered by BiggerJugs

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the trick but too much hassle, 17 Nov. 2012
I had an occasion to use these muslin bags and I must admit they work fine. I made a perfect soup not worrying I would have to fish out the herbs when I was done.

However it was a little big too much hassle to prepare the bags before I could use them. It took 3 rounds of shaking loose fibers out after rinsing and drying the bags before they were usable. It could be easily resolved if the cloth was sewn round, which unfortunately it isn't.

If you are not lazy, as I am, and you are looking for something cheap that works I would recommend this product. For anyone else who just expects to use the bags upon opening, I would advise you to buy something synthetic perhaps.

Edit 17 Feb 2013
Scratch the above! When I run out of the bags (I do not reuse them, I could not be bothered with washing) and searched for some alternative, I could not find anything decent. After a while, I must admit that it's a bargain and you won't get so many bags for this price anywhere. And the second time there weren't so many loose fibers as before. I will definitely come back to purchase some more.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality, 8 Nov. 2012
I have purchased Antique Silver Shabby Chic Ornate Swept Vintage Picture Frame, which was delivered within few days. The item was packed very carefully and I was happy to see it was not damaged, which recently happens to a lot of items I buy online.

The frame was beautifully made and I loved it. Exactly as described. Pity I had to send it back as I received a similar gift just the day before and I am a creature that hates wasting things. I did not want to return a gift so in the end I decided to send this one back.

However, I can definitely recommend it to anyone who needs to put a portrait or small painting in it. It's beautifully crafted and if you do not want to put it on the wall it can rest on your desk.

The customer service is great and prompt when replying to queries. I will consider purchasing off this seller in the future if I am in need of another frame.

Andrew James High Quality Grade 202 Stainless Steel Jug 600ml
Andrew James High Quality Grade 202 Stainless Steel Jug 600ml
Offered by Andrew James UK LTD

5.0 out of 5 stars Great purchase, recommended., 8 Nov. 2012
I have went through all reviews before I purchased the 600ml Andrew James jug and despite some negative comments decided to go with it.

The jug arrived 2 weeks ago, and I have been using it every day since delivery. I could complain about the slightly smudged logo but let's be honest, what does it matter. The jug serves it's purpose. It's thick enough not to burn me when the milk is ready and the heat of the jug tells me exactly when the milk is perfectly heated so I do not need a thermometer. Mind not to pour more than half a jug of milk which is enough to make two cups of coffee. If you pour more milk then you will have full jug of frothed milk, but not warm enough. If you make more than 2 cups at a time consider bigger size.

I have read people complaining that the handle is uncomfortable... Well, it takes me 1,5 minute to froth the milk so I do not exactly get how holding it can become uncomfortable. Unless you are using big jug that is heavy with a lot of milk, I guess...

My favorite feature though is great quality of the steal. Even if I leave the jug in the sink without rinsing it, it's very easy to clean even if the milk runs dry on the inside after several hours.