Profile for Spamed > Reviews

Content by Spamed

Spamed

Siege Perilous (The Mongoliad Cycle Book 5)
Siege Perilous (The Mongoliad Cycle Book 5)

5.0 out of 5 stars The story (so far) is based across the whole of Eurasia and is such brilliantly adept story which mingles-in the machinations of, 7 Aug. 2014
I got all of the five available books to go on holiday with because they were cheap and because they sounded epic. They are all very long books but, to date, I've read the first three and I haven't been able to wait for the next one. The story (so far) is based across the whole of Eurasia and is such brilliantly adept story which mingles-in the machinations of the court of the mongols with the machinations of the Catholic church, with the exploits of Templar-like fighters. I've found the books truly interesting, well-written and well worth paying the full price for. Lucky me!!

Katabasis (The Mongoliad Cycle Book 4)
Katabasis (The Mongoliad Cycle Book 4)

The Mongoliad (The Mongoliad Cycle Book 3)
The Mongoliad (The Mongoliad Cycle Book 3)

The Mongoliad (The Mongoliad Cycle Book 2)
The Mongoliad (The Mongoliad Cycle Book 2)

Dragon's Winter
Dragon's Winter

2.0 out of 5 stars lots of dodging-around in the plot which made it ludicrous at times so I got bored of it for the most part, 7 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Dragon's Winter (Kindle Edition)
For a start I didn't know what it was about before I bought it (it was only 99p), and was mildly interested to find out that it was a fantasy book because I used to read fantasy when I was younger. Unfortunately there were too many leaps of faith, lots of dodging-around in the plot which made it ludicrous at times so I got bored of it for the most part. I did get a sense of liking some of the characters, though my favourite ones were killed-off relatively early-on which, to me didn't make sense. Overall it could have been much shorter, more character-led rather than silly bits of plot and, I'm afraid, I don't really want to read the rest of the series.

The Silver Arrowhead (Signet Historical Fiction)
The Silver Arrowhead (Signet Historical Fiction)

5.0 out of 5 stars What a pleasant surprise, 8 Nov. 2012
I was expecting some sort of ancient historical mystery but got one set in the old west. Brilliantly witty and lol funny. And a plot that was easy to follow but with the important twists and turns that youd expect. I almost read it in one sitting. REALLY enjoyed it. And missed it when I'd finished it. Buy it now!

Rome: The Eagle Of The Twelfth: Rome 3
Rome: The Eagle Of The Twelfth: Rome 3

5.0 out of 5 stars Rome: The Eagle of the Twelfth, 4 Sept. 2012
If you've read and enjoyed Scott's FANTASTIC Boudica series then this series is a must. The first and second in the Rome series take you along a different path but almost following-on from the end of Boudica, while The Eagle of the Twelfth takes yet another departure, which seems a little confusing at first but which was still a cracking read. While it does depart from the expected narrative you just know there is a wonderful reason for it, which leaves you gagging for more. I'm certain the series finale, whenever it comes, will be jaw-droppingly good.