Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Chocolate Shoes and Wedding Blues
Chocolate Shoes and Wedding Blues
by Trisha Ashley

2.0 out of 5 stars Disapointing, 29 July 2012
I've read already a few books from Trisha Ashley and I was always positive about it.
I like to find back the same characters in the book and stay in the same region so that wasn't the problem.
But this book was repetitive - like somebody else wrote - a lot of passage were repeated over and over again ...
I couldn't get to like the characters especially not Justin, a lot of events were predictable and the secret was not really a secret...
Then at the end we received a lot of informations to fill the blanks and get to the end...
Too bad!

Dandy Wallet
Dandy Wallet

5.0 out of 5 stars Super cute, 22 July 2012
This review is from: Dandy Wallet (Shoes)
This is a super pretty, cute, handy wallet!
I have it a few weeks now and I don't regret buy it!

The Pillars of the Earth
The Pillars of the Earth
by Ken Follett

1.0 out of 5 stars How did this become a best seller?, 6 Mar. 2012
I like to read historical novel, and have read many others. So people around me advice me to read this book.

I began to read it and was confused: there are so many long descriptions of violence and raping in this book that don't bring any thing to the story... I could'nt bound with the characters ... I'm not an historical expert but the characters seem to think like people from the 21 century...

I talk about it with relatives and friends and found myself the only one with a bad opinion on the book. It was difficult to go on but I decide to gave it a chance for improvement, I though it would get better later on.

At the middle of the book, after 5 or 6 rapes, a cat stoned and a lot of unecessary violence; boring characters and not that much information about Cathedrals, I stopped for good.

I was so releaved when I read the reviews on Amazon: I'm not to be the only one finding it bad.

Now the real question is how did it become a best seller?

Mother of the Bride Compact Mirror, gift
Mother of the Bride Compact Mirror, gift

4.0 out of 5 stars Cute, 23 Dec. 2011
This mirror is cute and handy.
It's oval, with two types of mirror (normal and bigger).
It doesn't open flat (or at least I didn't dare to go further).
I have to say that it's quite havy.
I didn't give it to my mom yet but I hope she'll like it.

Amore Silver/Gold Bead Charm Bracelet - Bridesmaid
Amore Silver/Gold Bead Charm Bracelet - Bridesmaid
Offered by AT Giftware

3.0 out of 5 stars looks like two pearls are missing, 22 Dec. 2011
This article exists for Maid of Honor, Bridemaid and Mother of the bride.
The bracelet is exact the same only the box writing is different.
I choose the bridemaid version for because I read good feedback about it and that the Maid of Honor version look like there was e few pearls missing... but it's not box related ... I think it's just bad luck 'cause I got the same problem... it's too bad, I'll see if I can fix it but for the momement it doesn't look good enough to give it as a present... I'm desapointed

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 24 Nov. 2011
I've bough this for myself. I'm engage and busy organising my wedding.
I like to have everything nice organised and gather all information in one place: this is the place!
There is a lot a folder to put together your ideas, paper to write your wishes and information, to collect data from vendor and guest!

I read somewhere that wedding was a good opportunity to gather infomation about your gest and update your directory with family and friends data, well thanks to the section 'guest' you'll be able to create at once!

It's great, practical and pretty.
I didn't feel that I was missing places or pages (you cannot add any sections/paper)

Katherine the Queen
Katherine the Queen
by Linda Porter

3.0 out of 5 stars A lot of facts, 10 July 2011
This review is from: Katherine the Queen (Paperback)
There is a tone of facts in this book.
Every thing is detailed and precise. I'm not done yet and I'm hanging there. It's interesting but not relaxing...

That Other Juana: Juana la Loca: Queen Juana I of Spain (Juana La Loca)
That Other Juana: Juana la Loca: Queen Juana I of Spain (Juana La Loca)
by Linda Carlino

3.0 out of 5 stars It's crazy, 10 July 2011
I wanted to learn more about this woman.
First because I've already read about her sister Catherine of Aragon and second because I live in Belgium and she is part of the history of my country.
I was motivated in the beginning to read this book but the story was so crazy that the enthusiasm fade quickly away.
I guess what happen to her is well describe in the book, I hope it wasn't exaggerated to show off.
I was so revolted with the stupidity of Juana and the little respect to people show to her that I close the book around the time Charles became king and locked her away.

I don't see where there is a 'other Juana'.

If the story is effectively what happened then it's crudely describe but I guess interesting!

Moan About Men: A Joyful Guide to the Things Men Do That Drive Women Mad
Moan About Men: A Joyful Guide to the Things Men Do That Drive Women Mad
by Juliana Foster
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

3.0 out of 5 stars Good introduction, 18 Oct. 2010
I read the 'look insight' part of the book before I bough it, and I have to say that I found it funny (and true) so I decide to buy it.
The rest of the book is not bad but I was a little bit desapointed with it.
In general: nice relaxing book to take to the second degree!

The White Queen
The White Queen
by Philippa Gregory

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful time travel, 18 Oct. 2010
This review is from: The White Queen (Paperback)
I love historical book where fiction and reality are combined.
This was a great story, with a lot of researches. Seeing the fact trough the eyes of a woman is also a change!
It is my first book from Philippa Gregory and I'm now a fan! I've already order the Henry VIII wives series and I'm waiting with impatience to read the 'Red Queen' and the 'White Princess'.
Thanks a lot for this time travel through the Cousin's war!!